MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of our inbound also work GM. Most are DBOs. Since they all start several hours before me they think I do nothing, even though I am there several hours after they leave so they think that I should do all of the reshop, finish anything that they don't for their area, back up cashier, pull their price change and mark it, and answer all calls for our "blocks" since they had to "do the truck" and only have "x" hours left to finish pushing it. I'm not feeling it.

Our DTL lives close to our store and comes in to shop all the time. Guess he made a surprise visit last night when things were looking really REALLY bad. Our SD had to come in on his weekend off to help put out the fire lol.

That's the rub for me. All these salaried people are telling me I can't have the hours to work yet they aren't picking up the slack. If you're salaried, you're never truly off. Maybe that's not PC or the legal definition.

The post I quoted said that DBOs at Target are paid better than assistant store managers at other stores who have equal responsibilities.

I seriously doubt that a DBO at Target is making $40k or more.

If A (hypothetic and probably not) full time DBO @ the new $15hr works 50 weeks at a full 40 hours they would make $30K

Looks like the front will be perpetually hiring because from what I’ve heard from every cashier, almost all of them have been looking elsewhere for work or looking to transfer out.

Myself included, 4th quarter is coming and I’m not looking to be around for it.

Looks like the front will be perpetually hiring because from what I’ve heard from every cashier, almost all of them have been looking elsewhere for work or looking to transfer out.

Myself included, 4th quarter is coming and I’m not looking to be around for it.
Our front end is hiring for 4th quarter. But there's a core group that is experienced. We seem to have hit our stride with the end of GSAs, etc. The morale is better.

Honestly, looking at the new modernization from a DBO standpoint, I have found some good things and some crappy things about it. The worst part for me is just running out of time at the end of my shift because I was pulled in other directions by leadership...but oh well. I did manage to get my pulls done yesterday and pushed Monday's truck except one vehicle(ended up helping the UPS guy load his truck with SFS)....so that took 20min, back stocking the 300 aisle with stuff people just left, that took about 20min; helped SFS with store picks, that took 15..so basically I'd have been done had it not been for the other stuff.

Supposedly, if we keep up with the 1 for 1's, then they will get smaller...at least that is what I heard. Monday's will usually be larger because of weekend sales. Another thing is if you only get 4hrs to do your area, then that is a no win situation to get everything done. You need at least 6 to be reasonable.

Honestly, looking at the new modernization from a DBO standpoint, I have found some good things and some crappy things about it. The worst part for me is just running out of time at the end of my shift because I was pulled in other directions by leadership...but oh well. I did manage to get my pulls done yesterday and pushed Monday's truck except one vehicle(ended up helping the UPS guy load his truck with SFS)....so that took 20min, back stocking the 300 aisle with stuff people just left, that took about 20min; helped SFS with store picks, that took 15..so basically I'd have been done had it not been for the other stuff.

Supposedly, if we keep up with the 1 for 1's, then they will get smaller...at least that is what I heard. Monday's will usually be larger because of weekend sales. Another thing is if you only get 4hrs to do your area, then that is a no win situation to get everything done. You need at least 6 to be reasonable.

Tell that to Market!

hee hee

: lol sob :

We have 4 people in market and they seem to be doing pretty good, except the 1 for 1's. The only solution is leadership in any store and even higher up needs to see that they need more hours and manpower to accomplish it.

Must be nice, the new SETLs are driving out the experienced folk and morale is terrible atm.
How stupid, unless the ones who were experienced were poor performers. We have a few of those, but they are down to just a few hours weekly. Even the sharpest of new hires still need help, and that will slow down lanes when we get busy.

This modernization will roll out in all stores 2019 but within a month for the pilot stores...they get to iron out the wrinkles
I like most of the changes. It seems scarey at first but when you see it in action properly it's a beautiful thing !
I do think having a whole team for seasonal is more important then they think tho. Between inventory and presentation transition's it's a 4/5 person job. My store has to pull people from their own areas we're told to own. From their teams that are already understaffed with back to school people going LOA. For a whole week probably multiple time's through out 4th qtr. But when market teams transition happens with the new brands coming do you think they'll be able to afford to send anyone to help with that? Lol doubt it.

I was shopping at a store other than my own and heard a sad exchange. Chick brought a flat with lots of bullseye playground boxes on it and asked the GS where someone was. GS said the guy was on break and walked towards the flat, and the first woman said "This isn't your job, it's his." GS replied "We don't have enough people for this."

Sad that GS could say flat out in front of whoever that there aren't enough people, and sad the first girl was drawing territory lines and telling someone to not help others.

Kudos though to GS for helping with bullseye playground, even though it wasn't her job.

Sad that GS could say flat out in front of whoever that there aren't enough people, and sad the first girl was drawing territory lines and telling someone to not help others.

Every time I think it can't get worse, someone proves me wrong. I mean sure it's only 10-15 minutes of a break, maybe 30, but a LOT could get done in that time...or not done, if there are tons of customers.

Back