2021 Team Member Reviews

My point is that most of the TL’s don’t know the score until they go to give the review.
That sounds insane. My partner and our ETL know where our team stands because we discuss it as part of the job. We also went over the reviews and talked out our disagreements so there was consensus. It only took 10 minutes to go over ratings for the whole front end team, and in my opinion only one rating out of 40+ was wrong.

So in another thread I read something about tms receiving bonuses like tls and that it was in the review script. But I had my review and didn't hear anything about it. Has anyone else?
I just had my review and my TL told me about the bonus. If I remember right you need to get nominated. And that happens if you have no call offs, don't be late. Stuff like that.

oh, sure, but they're your team member, if the review score is a shock to you you probably aren't on the same page with executives...
If it is the ETL who does the rankings and the TL’s who give the reviews, shouldn’t the TL’s be part of the ranking process? I know several team members who received their reviews last year and were old by the TL giving them that they are not sure why they received that score.

If it is the ETL who does the rankings and the TL’s who give the reviews, shouldn’t the TL’s be part of the ranking process? I know several team members who received their reviews last year and were old by the TL giving them that they are not sure why they received that score.
Yes, TLs should do the rankings since they know best what goes on in their department and who deserves what, but at my store the ETLs and HR gave out the scores and the TLs had to write the reviews around them. ASANTS, but they also gave out the lowest rating to all of the newer people regardless of their performance. Lost one of the best new workers we ever had because of that particular injustice. What a system!🤬

The system has always irritated me. I was a teacher and this would be like me having a class that all got 100% on a test and having to tell the class that I'm only going to give out two A's so I'm picking the two that I like best. Your scores don't matter; you get the grade that the principal thought you should get.

The system has always irritated me. I was a teacher and this would be like me having a class that all got 100% on a test and having to tell the class that I'm only going to give out two A's so I'm picking the two that I like best. Your scores don't matter; you get the grade that the principal thought you should get.

That doesn't bother me really. But, then I graduated from a program where every single class was graded on a curve. There could only be so many A's.

I had a team lead come up to me one year and was like "hey I just had to do the teams reviews and score everyone with the STL and ETL and I gave you an outstanding" - My reply was "No you didnt." He was confused and said "Yes I did" . I let him know that I am not very popular with the STL and if they have to many outstanding scores mine will be the first to go. Sure enough come the review time I was bumped down a level...

I received my in-person review with my direct leader today and despite the fact that I am in the midst of switching departments due to having trouble getting the hang of my current area, she told me that she could tell I had been working hard and genuinely trying in my work area and gave me some positives that I should stick with as well as a few things I could improve on. I go to Workday to "acknowledge" it, and I find a completely different review by a different leader giving me the lowest score for every single category. This is pretty consistent with my experience since re-joining Target post-modernization, absolutely no consistency in feedback whatsoever.

I received my in-person review with my direct leader today and despite the fact that I am in the midst of switching departments due to having trouble getting the hang of my current area, she told me that she could tell I had been working hard and genuinely trying in my work area and gave me some positives that I should stick with as well as a few things I could improve on. I go to Workday to "acknowledge" it, and I find a completely different review by a different leader giving me the lowest score for every single category. This is pretty consistent with my experience since re-joining Target post-modernization, absolutely no consistency in feedback whatsoever.
We didn’t do scores for categories? It is just one score with a small paragraph on things you’re doing good in and things to improve on written from the team lead. TM is given the copy of their merit sheet that shows score, raise and date it’s effective. Nevertheless if your online review is different then what was given to you it needs to be addressed to your HR.

This is my first time I ever gotten DIO in my four years even after all the shyt I went through in 2020 I give up.. Not gonna fight it to my Leaders. It must be because I gave up on being a Pacesetter/Captain during Q4. I’m DOWN BAD!

I haven't got my review yet.

However my past reviews are so vague and void of details that you would have no idea what I actually do at my store.

Also having only three categories (AKAIK) doesn't give a TL much leeway.

It's like taking a class in which you can only give an A or C or F.

Back