Archived $25 Manufacture Coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest try to use a $25 manufacture coupon tonight. I know my tps have told us to be careful when accepting these high dollar amount coupons. The system was able to accept the coupon though. How does your store verify which coupons are legit and which ones aren't? How would you explain the reason you aren't able to accept the coupon to the guest since it's all about guest experience at the front. Any feedback would help!

Last edited:
Since this coupon says it was from Coupons.com, can you try to go to the website and see if it's a legit coupon on their website? Or go to the veri-fi website and run the coupon code?
I just ran the $25 one and it says that it's legit.
2en24i9.jpg

There is a line in the coupon policy that says:
  • We have the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason, including if guests' reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are deemed not to be for the purpose of using or gifting.
We can legally tell them we don't feel like taking coupons today, although we shouldn't do that. Also make sure it isn't discriminatory. But Target is not required to accept any coupons.

As for these specific coupons, you're right to feel suspicious because of the dollar amount, but the original product is so expensive that this seems like it could be legit even without checking it. $25 off is a reasonable (and generous) sale for an item like this, so it's not far-fetched to think a coupon could be this high.

Since this coupon says it was from Coupons.com, can you try to go to the website and see if it's a legit coupon on their website? Or go to the veri-fi website and run the coupon code?
I just ran the $25 one and it says that it's legit.
2en24i9.jpg
I definitely did this when I was helping the guest. We have a lot of guest who like to photo copy coupons so the team is always on alert and are suspicious. I want to change the culture at my store regarding this especially when we do get guests with valid coupons. Thank you for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back