Archived 4x4 Exclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself, another pog tm, and the pmt were setting the tv wall today. I wanted to be completely done today. Not have any carryover into tomorrow.

At huddle, I asked the etl if we could be excluded from 4x4's today. Literally the first time I've ever asked.

He said no. He said that he didn't want to create a climate where we had groups asking for special exclusions.

Wait. Flow never does 4x4's. Even the people pushing on non-truck days. Backroom never helps either.

Now I'm not saying they should. But I can see why Starbucks tm's wouldn't be expected to go to curtains and zone.

But for him to say this, they've already created a climate where people think other teams get exclusions.

I get an 8, 9, or 10 hour pog and am expected to finish it and do 4x4's. And backup cashier.

But if I ask once to not help, I'm told everyone has to help 4x4.

Well, clearly this isn't true.

Myself, another pog tm, and the pmt were setting the tv wall today. I wanted to be completely done today. Not have any carryover into tomorrow.

At huddle, I asked the etl if we could be excluded from 4x4's today. Literally the first time I've ever asked.

He said no. He said that he didn't want to create a climate where we had groups asking for special exclusions.

Wait. Flow never does 4x4's. Even the people pushing on non-truck days. Backroom never helps either.

Now I'm not saying they should. But I can see why Starbucks tm's wouldn't be expected to go to curtains and zone.

But for him to say this, they've already created a climate where people think other teams get exclusions.

I get an 8, 9, or 10 hour pog and am expected to finish it and do 4x4's. And backup cashier.

In my store Plano or price change does not do 4x4s. It doesn't make sense.

When we did 4x4s it was everyone on the sales floor. Pog, pricing, instocks, flow, and anyone who happened to be in hardlines or softlines,usually just the TLs, and all ETLs.

Then it became everyone minus the ETLS

Then it became pricing, instocks, and sales floor.

Then 4x4s disappeared.

Whenever they did call it, they made no exceptions. because once tms find out there Is wiggle room they all suddenly become too busy for 4x4s and "in the back of the store" when fast service is called.. *sigh*

Seriously, just have your tms superzone one area a night and brand the rest. Jeez... screw the 4x4

In my store pricing and plano do the 4x4s. Depending on the day, flow and backroom may not have to. ...but of course its not because we ( I am a backroom team member) ask...we are told we don't have to do it. The etls need to realize that some days certain work centers may have a heavier work load etc plan accordingly...IE not making them do the 4x4 that day

Last edited:
In my store pricing and plano do the 4x4s. Depending on the day, flow and backroom may not have to. ...but of course its not because we ( I am a backroom team member) ask...we are told we don't have to do it. The etls need to realize that some days certain work centers may have a heavier work load etc and be plan accordingly...IE not making them do the 4x4 that day

It all falls down to those handful of TMs that would cry and say "well so and so isn't coming so im Not either" and if they were forced to go anyway they would call the hotline and get everyone b***** at. In my opinion those people need to burn in hell because they are not team players

for ex.
HALF of my flow team
an electronics tm who is never at the desk... ever. In fact is up front alot..
Most of my softlines team

Our 4x4s are everyone on the salesfloor minus the operator. Electronics, hardlines, softlines, instocks, plano, pricing, all team leads and my PMT. No backroom or flow or starbucks or food ave. In fact usually the only special exclusion is people trained for starbucks cause we're getting slammed up there. If C&S comes during 4x4 its expected to park it in a cooler and come back to finish the 4x4.

We do 4x4s on Monday mornings during the huddle. I kind of like them. We all joke around while we zone. Yes that includes ETLs and STL

Our operator goes to the huddle/4x4 and fitting room covers phones. Only people excluded are front end, fitting room, flow and electronics. Sometimes a few flow people come. Pricing and Plano get more people to an aisle. The rest of us each get an aisle or two.

I hate the 4x4. Especially softlines day. Over the course of the week 85% of hardlines is zoned. On SL day, we get like two little bitty pieces done.

Our operator goes to the huddle/4x4 and fitting room covers phones. Only people excluded are front end, fitting room, flow and electronics. Sometimes a few flow people come. Pricing and Plano get more people to an aisle. The rest of us each get an aisle or two.

I hate the 4x4. Especially softlines day. Over the course of the week 85% of hardlines is zoned. On SL day, we get like two little bitty pieces done.
fitting room and operator are the same person for us. We each get a side of the aisle. And no leaving til the tls/lod tells us we're all set.

Yea, when I said we get an aisle, I just meant one side. In our store, tsc/hr is the operator, but fitting room covers breaks and schedule gaps.

At my store only salesfloor does 4x4s. ETLs and the STL do them as well. However, the workload is not split evenly, the schedule will usually resemble something like
TM John - All of HBA | 5 ETLs - Bedding.

At my store it is all sales floor, pricing and presentation, instocks, electronics, fitting room (our operators for the day), TLs and ETLs, and the STL. We do them Monday through Friday and systematically go through the store from the front to the back as the week goes on. Half of our non-flow/backroom payroll can accurately be said goes to our 4x4s.

No one is excluded from a 4x4 for any reason, not even electronics on Mondays so they are constantly running from the front of the store where they are super zoning canned cat food to the back.

Then we are asked why our tasks for the week are not completed.

Last edited:
At my store, hardlines TMs are responsible for the 4x4 in A, B, C, D, and all of G except P-Fresh. E and F (except seasonal) are the responsibility of electronics. I'm not sure how softlines 4x4s are done (if at all), but no other team is responsible for working the 4x4s.

At my store, hardlines TMs are responsible for the 4x4 in A, B, C, D, and all of G except P-Fresh. E and F (except seasonal) are the responsibility of electronics. I'm not sure how softlines 4x4s are done (if at all), but no other team is responsible for working the 4x4s.

It was like this when we first started the 4x4 business. We'd get a sheet and an area. Then they switched over to the huddle + team 4x4 thing. It's a huge waste of time. But so was the old way, because we (in SL) don't have enough people for that. If everyone's checking labels and detail zoning no one's doing reshop. And we usually zone while doing reshop. Not as deep as a 4x4 but you get more done that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back