Archived 4x4 gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
So I heard today as of yesterday 4x4 is no longer so those of us that do that just lost a TON of hours. Is this happening at every store?

I've haven't heard anything about it being axed. The only thing stated was our STL told us all, on the walkie, to stop using the word "Vibe".

To which our PPTL played Good Vibrations by Marky Mark feat. The Funky Bunch on the walkie. :p

So I heard today as of yesterday 4x4 is no longer so those of us that do that just lost a TON of hours. Is this happening at every store?
You had hours for it? At our store it was a huddle project which meant it was always done half-assed because the amount of time to do it properly isn't in the realm of possibility for the daytime process teams.

I remember last year when my morning team would do 4x4 everyday. After the new year, I asked my team lead if we were going to start doing it again and she was confused what I was talking about.

The store will be a mess like never before. :(

Yeah there was communication not to do 4x4s anymore. But someone at my store is saying we'll be doing something different.. didn't catch what it would be though.

I think it's shifting to the later sales floor closers. Less sf coverage in the am. Process TM will cover. And the hours will shift to sf for coverage at night and they will be zoning at night. Although ASANTS. I'm guessing depending on ur volume how it's doled out will vary a little.

Yeah we are a B, but operate at C payroll. We don't have anyone on sales floor until like 1 anyway. Our process teams run the morning besides our softlines TL, and VML. :( shouldn't be anything new.

You had hours for it? At our store it was a huddle project which meant it was always done half-assed because the amount of time to do it properly isn't in the realm of possibility for the daytime process teams.

You work in my store? But my store is going to continue to waste time on this BS. As I told my ETL don't expect my attitude to improve until you fix the issues that we see every week. Half our shift everyday wasted on this, fixing the exact same issues the 4x4 was supposed to fix. Then "I don't understand why their scans are so low? o_O

But to the OP, yes 4x4 is officially dead, as it should be.

I think it's shifting to the later sales floor closers. Less sf coverage in the am. Process TM will cover. And the hours will shift to sf for coverage at night and they will be zoning at night. Although ASANTS. I'm guessing depending on ur volume how it's doled out will vary a little.

I am later sales floor that's why they had me doing it. The store looks like crap.

Yeah that's all I've been doing the past month or so everyday just 4x4

You work in my store? But my store is going to continue to waste time on this BS. As I told my ETL don't expect my attitude to improve until you fix the issues that we see every week. Half our shift everyday wasted on this, fixing the exact same issues the 4x4 was supposed to fix. Then "I don't understand why their scans are so low? o_O

But to the OP, yes 4x4 is officially dead, as it should be.

Yeah it did take forever. Sometimes 5 hours to do 3 aisles if I was lucky since everything was in the wrong place and I basically had to do the aisle over lol. Just sucks cause I went from 25 hrs next week to 9 I think.

The 4x4 process was idiotic. Instead of actually training team members to zone and recover properly, then staffing the evening according to sales forecast, they come up with plans like 4x4 to fix the result.

A big reason why I left was upper management seemed to spend all of the time and money fixing the result of a problem. Not much time spent actually fixing root problems.

It's like putting a bucket under a leaky pipe, but never actually fixing the pipe. Except at target the pipe leaked money. A lot of it.

4x4 has been replaced by the previous "smart huddle" every day, not just when really needed. We used to do smart huddle once a month when perishables fit ruined and replenishment showed up (push dairy or frozen completely), too many callouts on flow (pushed a section), or pog behind (push or pog pulls/sales planner pulls).

Now it's just split into reshop, filling endcaps, zoning, etc. A little more effort to not using the whole hour we were though.

The 4x4 process was idiotic. Instead of actually training team members to zone and recover properly, then staffing the evening according to sales forecast, they come up with plans like 4x4 to fix the result.

A big reason why I left was upper management seemed to spend all of the time and money fixing the result of a problem. Not much time spent actually fixing root problems.

It's like putting a bucket under a leaky pipe, but never actually fixing the pipe. Except at target the pipe leaked money. A lot of it.

I agree I would put stuff back where it should go, make it nice and a day or 2 later it was jacked up again

Training Flow to push correctly. Just because you have 6 trash cans doesn't mean you jam them out scratching them and having them half off the shelf so that they fall off the shelf injuring guests. Yep that was yesterday.

I didn't realize it was still around. I don't think we've done it for over a year. Lately, with our short staff, zoning at night is half-assed anyhow. Taking the time to do 4x4 means that nothing would ever get done.

I didn't realize it was still around. I don't think we've done it for over a year. Lately, with our short staff, zoning at night is half-assed anyhow. Taking the time to do 4x4 means that nothing would ever get done.

Nothing gets done. Ever with 4x4 except pissing off those who are wasting time cleaning up the exact things that were supposed to be fixed the from the previous 6 weeks that never got followed up on.

Training Flow to push correctly. Just because you have 6 trash cans doesn't mean you jam them out scratching them and having them half off the shelf so that they fall off the shelf injuring guests. Yep that was yesterday.

Careful where you swing that stick, maybe your flow team is poorly trained. Not here.

And I can throw that right back at you, pick a team, POG, IS, SF... I inherited issues like this, and after going over this with my team on several occasions. I made surprise spot inspections after my team left at various times of the day... to put a stop to it. Towels, and plastic storage looked like some one was building a stair case to the ceiling. Same with all kinds of other things... When you document how it looked after Flow pushed it, and then after the SF "zones' and pushes CAF's etc.. Or I outright caught them in the act...

Guess who got BUSTED?!!! SF!! They picked the wrong person to play Blame Flow or Pass the Reshop to Flow game with! The WRONG PERSON.

Careful where you swing that stick, maybe your flow team is poorly trained. Not here.

And I can throw that right back at you, pick a team, POG, IS, SF... I inherited issues like this, and after going over this with my team on several occasions. I made surprise spot inspections after my team left at various times of the day... to put a stop to it. Towels, and plastic storage looked like some one was building a stair case to the ceiling. Same with all kinds of other things... When you document how it looked after Flow pushed it, and then after the SF "zones' and pushes CAF's etc.. Or I outright caught them in the act...

Guess who got BUSTED?!!! SF!! They picked the wrong person to play Blame Flow or Pass the Reshop to Flow game with! The WRONG PERSON.

After working in most if the stores in my district, I will swing that bat for the fences. Cause they suck green hairy balls. I will go after dayside just as much. Why the lazy ones think I am a bitch on wheels.

Edit to add we get the flow pass it off as reshop. It helps to not leave it in casepacks. That is a small clue who did it.

Last edited:

That happens at my store too they hide boxes they don't feel like putting out or throw the closed box on the shelf

My favorite is when someone grabs a cosmetics pull from the line and brings it back 5 minutes later as "backstock". Bitch, I know full well that you didn't even bother checking. Having to push cosmetics isn't fun, but it's your job and you had better not try to pass off that 15 minute cosmetics pull as backstock. Cause if that does get backstocked and immediately comes out in the next round of CAFs, there will be hell to pay.

My favorite is when someone grabs a cosmetics pull from the line and brings it back 5 minutes later as "backstock". Bitch, I know full well that you didn't even bother checking. Having to push cosmetics isn't fun, but it's your job and you had better not try to pass off that 15 minute cosmetics pull as backstock. Cause if that does get backstocked and immediately comes out in the next round of CAFs, there will be hell to pay.

They do that all the time at my store too. I usually just grab it and work it out so the back room doesn't do double work. It's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back