Archived 9 Global Issues today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Just wanted to see if other stores were having the sort of issues we were today! Workbench/MAX/eHR were all down for the majority of the day. Things like Workload Planning tools and Online Planogram were all inaccessible. We could not print labels OR signs. I hear there were problems with portable printers as well, but I can't confirm that. Thankfully the PDA's all seemed to be working alright. Anytime workbench and it's associated sites go down, it's always the biggest pain in the ass...

Yep, all of the above.
Pretty much brought plano to a grinding halt.
Fake till you make it on a day like this.

I couldn't access workbench to access online planogram or TWT. When I tied in all the planograms today it wouldn't let me print labels. It sucks since a majority of the planograms were label planograms only.

yeah happened at our store too. Last time it happened was about three weeks ago. Everytime it happens it ruins a good part of the day. I never realized other stores had this issue, I thought it was just caused by my stores bad karma. Last summer my target got struck by lightning and it brought the servers down for like a day and a half. And it fried alot of our pda/lpdas. As a result, about 3/4's of our equipment needed a battery change every ten minutes and all of our backroom times dropped down to last in the district.

Us too and every time I tried to make a rain check my PDA froze in RF apps, we were able to scan for Instocks though. The receiver was unable to check in vendors either.

My opening GSTL said no receipt look-up, no registries, no red card applications, no alerts....I'm glad I wasn't at service desk, tho :)

The worst we've ever had it was when our entire store's network lost WAN connectivity. AKA all the registers were offline (no credit/debit/check authorization), all PDA's were down, we had to call Helpdesk on a cell phone because all the phones were dead, timeclocks were down (and it was right at the Flow team's morning half), and of course computers were useless. It was a very exciting 30 minutes or so.

are LPDA alerts down too ? :[

Our GSTLs/GSAs don't even use the LPDA half of the time. They just print out the front end break schedule and put it on a clipboard. I know Spot doesn't like when we use the flashers, but it does get us change, etc. quicker than the LPDA alerts.

Our GSTLs/GSAs don't even use the LPDA half of the time. They just print out the front end break schedule and put it on a clipboard. I know Spot doesn't like when we use the flashers, but it does get us change, etc. quicker than the LPDA alerts.

Target should make a better effort to keep the PDA alerts working if they want the cashiers to use it instead of the lights. I think the alerts have worked properly at my store maybe 1 day out of every week for a few months now. Its been called in over and over but nothing gets fixed.

I was at guest services today and I, luckily enough, had very few guests who didn't have their receipts and the ones who didn't were very understanding about the whole thing. The people who couldn't access the registries were giving me a lot of dirty looks though. Oddly enough, even though the receipt lookup wasn't working for credit/debit cards I had 2 guests do returns with gift card lookups and they both worked just fine. I almost never have guests who still have the gift card they made a purchase with so we can use it for a return and today--two in row.

0 redcards tonight!

edit: amazingly managed to get 1... Not sure if it went through though... Printed out a Redcard Suspend Slip or something, and had to jump through a couple hoops after that.... Dunno lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target should make a better effort to keep the PDA alerts working if they want the cashiers to use it instead of the lights. I think the alerts have worked properly at my store maybe 1 day out of every week for a few months now. Its been called in over and over but nothing gets fixed.

I was at guest services today and I, luckily enough, had very few guests who didn't have their receipts and the ones who didn't were very understanding about the whole thing. The people who couldn't access the registries were giving me a lot of dirty looks though. Oddly enough, even though the receipt lookup wasn't working for credit/debit cards I had 2 guests do returns with gift card lookups and they both worked just fine. I almost never have guests who still have the gift card they made a purchase with so we can use it for a return and today--two in row.

Theres no reason not to use the Help button alerts, because if they can't go through it will tell you to put your lane light on. Amazingly amid all the computer problems today, the LPDA alerts WERE working :)

So what happened? Will we ever find out? :p I've never seen such a global issue cripple the entire company for more than a few hours.

Theres no reason not to use the Help button alerts, because if they can't go through it will tell you to put your lane light on. Amazingly amid all the computer problems today, the LPDA alerts WERE working :)

True enough--it is my preference that the cashiers always try the alert first but I think our GSTLs/GSAs don't make an effort to support that plan so many of the cashiers have given up on the help button. It also doesn't help that we've had too many GSTLs/GSAs (much turnover) who respond quite slowly to the alerts so I think many cashiers flip on their lights since the light can be seen by everyone and they have a better chance of someone coming to help them even if its not the person its supposed to be.

What I heard was the system was updating it self and crashed.

It caused issues for everyone at my store my operator couldn't print labels for rewrap the gstl's complained about hand writing things and seriously the poor guest service desk Instocks had issues scanning everytime they scanned it said system error

It made the acccerories transition not super easy yesterday morning everything is set but no labels I just feel bad for the Plano team with the electronics transition and everything I just know it's not going to be fun for them

Today they couldn't scan the truck so flow had to push the entire truck. Did this happen anywhere else? The not being able to print labels yesterday was annoying. Luckily most of electronics was labels and today we were able to print labels again.

Many things were still down until about noon EST.
I know they were going to have to stay late to finish the schedule.

The worst we've ever had it was when our entire store's network lost WAN connectivity. AKA all the registers were offline (no credit/debit/check authorization), all PDA's were down, we had to call Helpdesk on a cell phone because all the phones were dead, timeclocks were down (and it was right at the Flow team's morning half), and of course computers were useless. It was a very exciting 30 minutes or so.

And I thought it was bad when the registers weren't taking off 5% for RedCards. We had to calculate 5% of the guest's total (with or without a calculator) and manually put in a Target coupon for that amount (they were later reimbursed anyways - go figure). As you can imagine, we had to get a lot of GSTL overrides because guests decided to buy tons of stuff that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back