Archived AAR Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant WTG should look at his/her numbers before assuming it is the front end dragging those numbers down, because it may or may not be the case.

And as long as you are clear that after the 30 days (60 with the REDCard) that they don't return it to us, but they need to call the number, that's fine. I just hate seeing people angry/disappointed when they find out that it does not extend Spot's return policy as they believed it did.

That's true, he needs to look under the hood. And I know exactly what I'm doing and my team is trained extremely well. Our issues come from our sister store which is a little too close for comfort. They tell guests anything, and most of it is usually moronic, haha.

I am TM electronics & my AAR is always green & usually is over 100%. I also print the report every week broke down to individual TM AAR so we can see if items are getting sent up front. I also check what items we are doing bad in. So when it was blu ray players the team made sure to check every guest by the players & let them know blu ray / roku needs HDMI HDMI cords are counted as attachments on TV & they are counted for blu ray & roku too. Again I am the one that views report. SRP's do count toward your AAR score. They are not attachments but to calculate your AAR you take #units #att's & SRP. THE SRP DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON "units" it can be anything. I get them on headphones & calculators. So to break it down if you sold
50 units ---- got 48 attachments & 3 SRP's your AAR is over 100%

so i have to come up with an AAR contest for the month of October and im at a loss.. the last tl gave away a lunch t food ave for every tm who was green in AAR and entered into a drawing at the end of sept. im a presentation tl and dont really deal with AAR on a reg. basis... any ideas what drives you to get green?

The truth with AAR will always be you can't make anyone buy anything. Target doesn't understand that. It's 2014 and people aren't necessarily buying their first camera/TV/Blu-Ray player. In fact they're probably on number 2 or 3. So you capture every sale you can when you can.

The real problem with AAR is it is a rather miniscule metric. The average store will sell maybe 1 main item for every 7-13k the store makes. This means that they are attempting to sell 1 Accessory Item for that as well. If your average item being sold is around 20 bucks (cords, SRP, Ink, DVDs) we are talking about .2% of the store sales. The goal is 65% so we are talking about increasing store sales by .13% if the store is green on AAR. This is pure sales, not even profitability of the items.

And that is the issue. AAR is measuring only .13% of the sales being captured. Is there not a bigger metric they could compose to give us an accurate reflection of Electronics performance? Electronics can drive some real sales for the store, yet we are ONLY focused on selling an accessory when a main item is sold, which is only a small portion of the total sales. That is like judging bakery solely on its muffin sales, and ignoring whether the department itself as a whole is profitable or not...

Service plans for small electrics, toys, and the like only count towards profitable sales, not AAR. Same with headphone, Fitbits, and the like. However, if you sell headphones with a "main" item (e.g. iPads) and get a replacement plan for them, both will count as an attachment for the iPad. Fun fact #1: if you sell a TV with a Blu-ray player and HDMI cable, the cable counts for both the TV and player.

Fun fact #2: an Apple TV counts as an attachment for an iPad.

But yes, 65% is unrealistic. Most guests already have HDMI cables, media cards, and USB cables (plus they're cheaper elsewhere). When they need them, they come in another time for a replacement.

MMB Monster you seem to know your stuff. I have a list of the Main Items and the attachments that go with that I found on workbench. My issue with this list is that it doesn't seem comprehensive enough. I have been a TL for 10 months now and it seems that attachments and main items keep changing. I did not realize that yellow ESP did not count towards AAR when sold with headphones. I sold 3 of them this week and they did not show up on the report. It makes it hard to sell an attachment when you never sure if it counts towards AAR
I am red YTD and got my STL breathing down my neck. I have 2-3 weeks to go green or I'm in serious trouble. I need help. If anybody has more tips or secrets they can sure I would really appreciate it.
It there a detailed report on main items and attachments.
We Got This, where on workbench do you find this comprehensive list of AAR items and accessories? I have a fair amount of what does and doesn't count and I've been using it to train the team but I heard there was a detailed list but haven't been able to find it yet, where do you go? Could you possibly PM me the info? Please and thank you! I also agree that 65% is unrealistic, we bounce between 50-60% most weeks with a rough 40% in here and there, it's funny at our store because our YTD is around 60% and we are top 15 in our group, so that tells me that our group as a whole is having trouble with the new green threshold and even our ETL-HL noted this.
I am a new Electronics TM and I am competing with a 9 year vet. We are so close together on AAR. At about 125% each week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back