Archived AE 2015 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, @ONMIPOTENCE has a better way of phrasing it. The % goal is not going to be the same across the board anymore, it will be more personalized to the store and the market it is in.

Conversion isn't going away but there is certain goals for each store depending on last years results. AAR is not counting for AE anymore :). Also a really big one , controllable expense is not on AE anymore. So we can all go crazy on ordering things starting Feb. They are also adding digital sales and FF metrics to AE ( the metric for FF they already post on the vibe board ). There are no changes to the org charts , only things different is the thresholds have been raised slightly ( the amount of sales you need to make certain org charts). A new thing also the company is focusing on is the second phase of its reninvention pilot. Some store have already been doing it , but about 100+ stores this year will be testing various amounts of the reinventions : the new E&E experience, store pickup, self -checkout, baby 360,IGS, adding a clinic and the home reinvention . These reinvention stores will receive more info on this in March. All stores doing this will also recieve a ETL- remodel during remodel for these reinventions.

My store I know is getting the "Home reinvention", not confirmed for E&E and ship from store.

This isn't strictly on topic, but could someone give me a quick explanation of what "home reinvention" is? Thanks in advance.

Conversion isn't going away but there is certain goals for each store depending on last years results. AAR is not counting for AE anymore :). Also a really big one , controllable expense is not on AE anymore. So we can all go crazy on ordering things starting Feb. They are also adding digital sales and FF metrics to AE ( the metric for FF they already post on the vibe board ). There are no changes to the org charts , only things different is the thresholds have been raised slightly ( the amount of sales you need to make certain org charts). A new thing also the company is focusing on is the second phase of its reninvention pilot. Some store have already been doing it , but about 100+ stores this year will be testing various amounts of the reinventions : the new E&E experience, store pickup, self -checkout, baby 360,IGS, adding a clinic and the home reinvention . These reinvention stores will receive more info on this in March. All stores doing this will also recieve a ETL- remodel during remodel for these reinventions.
I'm still hearing the SF/GE combo is possibly rolling out to higher volume stores.. Currently at stores only 35 mill and below I believe

I'm still hearing the SF/GE combo is possibly rolling out to higher volume stores.. Currently at stores only 35 mill and below I believe

Some mid-volume stores already have GE combined with softlines. In my A+ volume org chart 5 store, we had two ETLs-Hardlines until AE14, so I'd hope we're a ways away from having areas combined like that.

I don't know if it's the same from AE2014 but these are the org chart values for 2015
1 Less than $23.5M 7:30am

2 $23.5M - $28.6M 6:00am

3 $28.6M - $35.7M 6:00am

4 $35.7M - $50M 4:00am

5 $50M – $61.2M O/N

6 $61.2M - $76.5M O/N

7 Greater than $76.5M O/N

I'm not sure if I can post this so mods feel free to delete it if you need to.

Im going to pray that my store makes more than 23.5M...I will be super pissed if we go to 7:30...we are 6 now

They need to revamp the AAR process. Too often I have a situation like a grandmother buying a game system, and one of her children buying games on a separate transaction for a combined gift. IPOD as a gift, but no case.... They can come back and get it if they want to...

They need to revamp the AAR process. Too often I have a situation like a grandmother buying a game system, and one of her children buying games on a separate transaction for a combined gift. IPOD as a gift, but no case.... They can come back and get it if they want to...

AAR isn't going to be important anymore according to leadership in my store, it'll be a captured metric but they won't do anything with it

Yes, the problem is that Target has invented these "one trick pony" metrics to try and capture a reflection of something important. Electronics profitability is important to talk about, but AAR does not reflect that. Our purpose in Electronics is to get the guest to purchase a main item, and then we want them to ALWAYS come back to us for their accessories for that product.

IMO there should be two programs here. The first is a section of the Target App dedicated to Electronic Items. On your Target.com Account (in the App) you should be able to register purchases for most major main items. If you have a particular system and receipt as "purchased" you can then use that App to get a discount (5%) on all accessories for it. For example, a guest comes in to buy a PS4. We help them out and get them registered on the Target App by getting into this section, scanning the PS4 and scanning the barcode on the receipt with their phone. Now going forward they just go into their "Electronics Rewards" portion of their app and there is a barcode that allows for 5% off all PS4 accessories. Instant loyalty to Target over gamestop, walmart, etc... The point is that selling ONE video game with the ps4 is 100% AAR, but is that guest in particular profitable to Target yet? They will be profitable to Sony over the long run (because they will buy dozens of games over the next few years), but we have no guarantee they are going to keep coming back to us for those games. We need to secure that!

Secondly, we need to just measure Electronics profitability. AAR is stupid. Tell us how profitable we are and if it is a + or - comp over ly. Allow us to use the program above to drive long-term loyalty with guests when it comes to the profitable items in electronics (software and accessories) and to make a big impact on this number. Finally, allow them to manage SRPs through this app as well so they don't have to retain these paper pamphlets. Imagine guests who are most loyal to Target and who use this to get their electronic items. They can have everything in their house "saved" to this app, and pull it up as soon as something goes wrong and with a few swipes send a box to ship it back and to receive a new one. This goes for so many things, and the app will automatically price it for the guest so no mix ups :)

Finally, this could be a great marketing tool to help out entertainment. We know it is an issue and we need to give guests a reason to purchase hard copies of things if we want there to be any sales over there at all. If a guest has registered any device that can play dvds, cds, or blurays we could even give them bigger discounts on those. Perhaps all New Release movies are an additional 20% off if you have a device registered, or something similar... Lets get creative for once :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back