Archived AE2013 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
^This.
In my state a few yrs back, 2 women loaded up a cart & left it near the door with a 7-yr-old daughter of one with instructions for her to push it out the door fast when Mom came up with the car. Walmart's security had been watching & stopped the girl so her mom drove off, leaving the girl behind to take the rap.
Mom was arrested later when she went down to the police station to pick up her daughter.

That happens more then you would think :(

I learned from talking with other AP, that Walmart doesn't openly post there schedules or inform Department Heads of there AP Department. There just really secretive, and from what I learned, have a better camera system then us :(

I could go into details about some of the operations I was told about, but it's probably not a good idea..

However, I think the most disgusting thing I've heard, is parents using there children to push out carts of electronics to the car...

I don't advertise it, but I've found at GS that it can be incredibly helpful to know when ap is around in case I need them.

It seems that APTLs will be doing LOD shifts. Multi-store ETL-HRs will be tested in 2013. Changes in sales threshold for Food Service TL allocation seems likely as well.

I saw some other things on SharePoint but I can't remember enough of it all to say anything else for sure.

I really like our APTL, and I noticed they'd been giving him more responsibility for TLOD stuff and running huddles, so I guess this doesn't surprise me. And I think I'll enjoy him as an LOD...there is a mutual respect there, so I'm okay with that. But he always seems so incredibly busy when he is working, so I just don't see this working out well for him and his work load.

Not sure I like the idea of having a multi-store ETL-HR. I wouldn't be surprised if my store was one of those tested on...we seem to be the right kind of store...ULV, small-ish, several other Targets in spitting distance...

It seems that APTLs will be doing LOD shifts. Multi-store ETL-HRs will be tested in 2013. Changes in sales threshold for Food Service TL allocation seems likely as well.

I saw some other things on SharePoint but I can't remember enough of it all to say anything else for sure.

Yikes that's real bad. My store never had an AP-TL, just an APS, a few TPS's, and the ETL-AP...so that's not going to do anything. Multi-store ETL-HR...as if you TMs had enough trouble finding HR when they weren't crazy busy. But it makes considering that the ETL-HR is supposed to be more behind the scenes and for the team members and Target doesn't care about the team members at all.

Yeesh...so my ETL-HR could refuse to take phone calls for two stores instead of one. There's a fabulous plan.

a couple of years ago our ETL-HR went on Maternity Leave and we shared an ETL-HR with another store and it was terrible. Our tm's really got the shaft. We were never so happy for our ETL to come back!

Yikes that's real bad. My store never had an AP-TL, just an APS, a few TPS's, and the ETL-AP...so that's not going to do anything. Multi-store ETL-HR...as if you TMs had enough trouble finding HR when they weren't crazy busy. But it makes considering that the ETL-HR is supposed to be more behind the scenes and for the team members and Target doesn't care about the team members at all.

Your store wouldn't have both an ETL-AP and a APTL. You either get one or the other based on volume, risk, shortage, and theft metrics.

Isn't AP being an LOD frowned upon? They would then have access to the cash office, building codes, etc....that just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Oh wait.....that's all we do lately. Carry on then

Did you happen to notice if APLs will be included in this too?

Isn't AP being an LOD frowned upon? They would then have access to the cash office, building codes, etc....that just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Oh wait.....that's all we do lately. Carry on then

AP also has access to the Cameras that record the Cash Office. Easy to Disable....

Ok but if you're AP and the LOD and the camera is disabled AND money goes missing during your time in the cash office...I think we know who to hold accountable.

Ok but if you're AP and the LOD and the camera is disabled AND money goes missing during your time in the cash office...I think we know who to hold accountable.

Saying that won't work in Court... They need proof or a confession of the crime.

Saying that won't work in Court... They need proof or a confession of the crime.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be difficult to figure out when the camera was disabled. Then, all you need is proof of how it's done (in what area of the store) and then just find the cameras outside of that area.

For example assuming this is a remote disable, if the camera would be disabled in room A, there would be a camera outside (and likely inside) room A. Just pull up that footage to prove who was going in and out at the time. It it's a disable from within the room, footage in the hall outside the room would be sufficient to show who was in the area at the time.

"I'm guessing it wouldn't be difficult to figure out when the camera was disabled. Then, all you need is proof of how it's done (in what area of the store) and then just find the cameras outside of that area."

Uh... wrong. That's called circumstantial evidence and is NOT admissible in court.

You need proof beyond a doubt and actual physical *evidence* to convict someone in court. That means any of the following: the money, witnesses, video evidence, written confession, etc.

This is why AP always has a little "chat" with internals who steal prior to calling the cops. 99% of the time AP tries to get them to sign a confession. It is not as easy to convict someone of a crime as people think it is.... the vast majority of criminal cases never even go to court. That is an actual fact - look it up. Most cases are solved through plea bargaining. In other words, the cops sit there and bull sh** perps telling them how they don't stand a chance in court (which is usually a total lie) and getting them to confess. Since most perps have a high school education or less and have near zero legal understanding, this works most of the time.

Last edited:

This is why AP always has a little "chat" with internals who steal prior to calling the cops. 99% of the time AP tries to get them to sign a confession. It is not as easy to convict someone of a crime as people think it is.... the vast majority of criminal cases never even go to court. That is an actual fact - look it up. Most cases are solved through plea bargaining. In other words, the cops sit there and bull sh** perps telling them how they don't stand a chance in court (which is usually a total lie) and getting them to confess. Since most perps have a high school education or less and have near zero legal understanding, this works most of the time

This is very accurate....

AE2013:

Gsas are now officially gstls on the cheap! ....oh wait we already are.. Shoot!

Uhh...yeah...don't see anything changing about that. From the TM's point of view, they already do everything the GSTL does. I know there's a few behind the scenes differences (meetings, reviews, etc).

AE2013:

Gsas are now officially gstls on the cheap! ....oh wait we already are.. Shoot!

Have there been any updates on the GSA position? I hadn't seen any.

Thought I heard somewhere that they redid the org charts to make for more gsa's and less gstl's.... I could be wrong though. For my store they just cut a GSTL and left it at that... Haha.

Uhh...yeah...don't see anything changing about that. From the TM's point of view, they already do everything the GSTL does. I know there's a few behind the scenes differences (meetings, reviews, etc).
Actually we end up doing a lot of things that only GSTLs should be captaining. They had me doing Equipment and Trading Cards, as well as several other things (don't want to get too specific). When they wouldn't let me step down I told them I wasn't going to do those anymore, and they can't do anything about it because they're not in my core roles/job description!

They'll try and dangle a carrot over most gsa's heads (aka promoting to TL), by giving them a bunch of "developmental tasks", but in reality they're just dumping their workload off on you without any intentions of actually developing you. I was told I was TL potential for a long time, until they started screwing me over one too many times.. Now I've just come to accept that "some" TLs like to use TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back