Archived AE2013 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AE2013 ETL/TL/Specialty TM (Cake Decorator, GSA, Brand Attendant, etc) headcount changes are now posted - if you know where to look. It includes a general description of overall changes, as well as a store by store breakdown.

Also, the role of IS is being eliminated. They are being sent back to the store level and being assigned as a Sr. APS.

I can't wait to see what other changes are coming our way...

lTL/TL/Specialty TM (Cake Decorator, GSA, Brand Attendant, etc) headcount changes are now posted - if you know where to look. It includes a general description of overall changes, as well as a store by store breakdown.

Also, the role of IS is being eliminated. They are being sent back to the store level and being assigned as a Sr. APS.

I can't wait to see what other changes are coming our way...

What the F??? No more I.S?? I'm curious is there a pay deduction?

It's wierd how you guys know about the I.S. position already seeing as how the STL's don't yet unless the confidential info leaked. That would never happen thou.

This isn't really that bad for AP. IS wastes a lot of time as it is and anchoring them to a store isn't going to change much because they spend a lot of time at high risk stores as it is. I'm sure they'll still be making trips to other stores as necessary. Heck I do that as an APTL rather often. As long as they don't cut the number of positions or pay then this should work out better overall.

It's wierd how you guys know about the I.S. position already seeing as how the STL's don't yet unless the confidential info leaked. That would never happen thou.

Just a rumor!

This isn't really that bad for AP. IS wastes a lot of time as it is and anchoring them to a store isn't going to change much because they spend a lot of time at high risk stores as it is. I'm sure they'll still be making trips to other stores as necessary. Heck I do that as an APTL rather often. As long as they don't cut the number of positions or pay then this should work out better overall.

Loss prevention is the easiest to cut from, since it doesn't produce any quantifiable results.
On paper it just looks like a money pit.

Loss prevention is the easiest to cut from, since it doesn't produce any quantifiable results.
On paper it just looks like a money pit.

It prevents people from simply just walking out with the profits. Oh well, Guess they can have Gregg try to stop those iPod case thieves, or ORC rings running amok in our district.

It prevents people from simply just walking out with the profits. Oh well, Guess they can have Gregg try to stop those iPod case thieves, or ORC rings running amok in our district.

There are people hitting stores for Thousands of dollars weekly...without AP that crap will add up quickly.

So what about when those people choose to go out to the burbs and start hitting those with like only an APL or TPSs? What will those ulv stores do then? :(

So what about when those people choose to go out to the burbs and start hitting those with like only an APL or TPSs? What will those ulv stores do then? :(

Sorry for ranting even though this is yet to be confirmed I really wanted to move up to I.S one day. I've gotten in good with the I.C and found a mentor who's been working with me. I wanted to move from the store level. So APS never appealed to me.

Any hints of where to look? Workbench has been a fustercluck lately

My guess is Sharepoint. I think that is where most AE rumors start. A fair amount of them turn out to be true too. Nothing on there is set in stone though.

There are people hitting stores for Thousands of dollars weekly...without AP that crap will add up quickly.
This This This. There are rings that know which stores have poor security, and which not. Some even have floor plans & camera placement plans of our store, and get in & out in minutes.

This is the reason we have IC & IS. But since Target really doesn't care.. oh well. Nothing we can really do about it.

That's exactly how that Dr. Phill couple got away with all those Lego sets in my district :(

I was so naive - until I found out the high school kids knew much more about our AP and their schedules. We got another TPS and it made such a difference.

And yes, there are professional type groups that know more than you think.

I remember all the push outs of the Dyson's and the behind the seat dvd players a few years ago.

it's disgusting.

I was so naive - until I found out the high school kids knew much more about our AP and their schedules. We got another TPS and it made such a difference.

And yes, there are professional type groups that know more than you think.

I remember all the push outs of the Dyson's and the behind the seat dvd players a few years ago.

it's disgusting.
I learned from talking with other AP, that Walmart doesn't openly post there schedules or inform Department Heads of there AP Department. There just really secretive, and from what I learned, have a better camera system then us :(

I could go into details about some of the operations I was told about, but it's probably not a good idea..

However, I think the most disgusting thing I've heard, is parents using there children to push out carts of electronics to the car...

^This.
In my state a few yrs back, 2 women loaded up a cart & left it near the door with a 7-yr-old daughter of one with instructions for her to push it out the door fast when Mom came up with the car. Walmart's security had been watching & stopped the girl so her mom drove off, leaving the girl behind to take the rap.
Mom was arrested later when she went down to the police station to pick up her daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back