Archived AE2013 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are probably gaining TPS hours to accomodate an IS moving to the store permanently. They are all still apprehension trained so the only major change is they will be tied to one store instead of travelling around in plain clothes. Am I right?

I know of a store actually gaining TPS hours in February.
Not to be rude, but a TPS, is just a false presence of security for Guests, and nothing else.

A TPS, can sit back, and watch there store be robbed blind, and can't do a single thing about it, but collect Video in the AP office.

They are probably gaining TPS hours to accomodate an IS moving to the store permanently. They are all still apprehension trained so the only major change is they will be tied to one store instead of travelling around in plain clothes. Am I right?
The IS Guys, were technically APS'es that weren't tied to a single store. There not a TPS (in theory) and hours for TPS positions should not be used for them.

Last edited:
Sr. TPS's can actually make apps, FYI.

Sr. TPS's can actually make apps, FYI.

True. But how common is it, to see a Sr.TPS?

Plus.. Unless they have permission from there ETL/TL, they can't really walk around in plain clothes, and conduct surveillance.

Could you imagine, a TPS in uniform.. trying to follow a Guest around without attracting attention?

Yes they are gutting AP again. The sad part about the whole thing is I am sure they know what's going to happen.. Shortage will get out of control again and then they will have to add more AP! But for the year or two it lasts they will save quite a bit of payroll. I believe there were around 400 IS TM's in the company. Even though they didn't get rid of them they're not replacing them so once they leave the company that store loses their APS. That's another $50,000 pay & benefits they don't have to pay. Cutting payroll (usually) drives up profitability. That increases the stock prices. All the big wigs get crazy stock options they cash in on and they make a ton of $. That's all this is about. Business as usual.

I've only ever heard of 1 TPS who was not a Sr. TPS. They're all Sr. in my district. My understanding was they got tired of people doing pushouts with a TPS right in front of them and they couldn't do anything about it.

Yes they are gutting AP again. The sad part about the whole thing is I am sure they know what's going to happen.. Shortage will get out of control again and then they will have to add more AP! But for the year or two it lasts they will save quite a bit of payroll. I believe there were around 400 IS TM's in the company. Even though they didn't get rid of them they're not replacing them so once they leave the company that store loses their APS. That's another $50,000 pay & benefits they don't have to pay. Cutting payroll (usually) drives up profitability. That increases the stock prices. All the big wigs get crazy stock options they cash in on and they make a ton of $. That's all this is about. Business as usual.

Where did you hear they won't be replacing the APS if they leave?

The two new APS's in my district told me first. Then it was confirmed by the investigator. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure they told AP at all the stores getting a new APS Feb 1st. Then again, typically I don't believe most of what anyone from the district office says so......

So basically AP is getting cut to pieces?

What else do we know about AE13? Any other areas affected?

So basically AP is getting cut to pieces?

What else do we know about AE13? Any other areas affected?

TL headcount is being affected. There is an excel spreadsheet one OnePlan.Archive with a store-by-store listing of what headcount changes (TL, ETL, Specialties like cake decorator, GSA, etc)

my store has 2 GSTL and 4 gsa's. We had 5 but 1 left and I think I saw their replacement today.

My ETL-HR said that our org chart (we're AA on the store fact sheet) only allots us 2 GSAs? We're a super-target, but i'm calling BS on this!

Every store shows 2 Gsas allocated to them... however there is no actual headcount guideline for them! there is no way for a store to be on actual best practice with only 2 because the Gsas should be doing cash office and they therefore can only work every other day since they shouldn't be operating a register the day before a cash office shift. most stores get confused by this...

Every store shows 2 Gsas allocated to them... however there is no actual headcount guideline for them! there is no way for a store to be on actual best practice with only 2 because the Gsas should be doing cash office and they therefore can only work every other day since they shouldn't be operating a register the day before a cash office shift. most stores get confused by this...

Did I mention how many times I closed, came in the next day for a closing shift, was told the other GSA called out, and I had to do 239 when close? I can't tell you how many times I was the only person (sans LOD) who touched all the money for several days in a row.

Anyways, technically any multi-level store has been allocated additional GSAs (let alone additional TLs and ETLs). I was in a multi-level store, but only had 1 bank of registers on the 1st floor. Until AE2013, we were always listed as having multiple register banks, thus additional TL/GSA allocations. Finally they caught us.

We've seen no changes and hear no mention of changes in GSAs/GSTLs. Even with a couple of GSTLs leaving, we're promoting GSAs to GSTL and TMs to GSAs.

We're losing a GSA to a promotion, and one cut his hours way back, so I'm still interviewing for it next week. *shrug*

We have 5 GSAs and no GSTLs. The GSAs do the exact same things a GSTL did, but with a lot less pay. There may be a couple of tms in training for GSA positions, but I'm not sure about that, no offers have been posted. But since our photo lab goes dry on Jan. 31 we'll have quite a few tms with a lot less to do.

how do you not have even one gstl?

That's a good question, I don't know how or why. The LOD rules the front lanes for anything the GSA can't handle. Most of our former GSTLs were given the option of stepping down or becoming a sales floor TL. Some transferred to other Targets, some quit, most went to the floor and a couple just stepped down. Sucks chunks, don't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back