Archived Another major change coming to Logistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are having connectivity issues in your coolers, CSC will work with you. I had to call them while using a Zebra so they could track it and then they escalated it for a store visit. After an initial check, they had to have Verizon come and adjust the antenna configuration and now I have no issues. It's not the easiest process but now that myDevices are authorized for the coolers, they have to fix our issues.

MyWork is okay in the coolers and freezer once it catches the signal. MOVE Takes FOREVER to change screens and when you first open the app the scanner won't come on for some reason. My routine:

Open MOVE and walk in cooler.
F*** scanner doesn't scan *goes back to MyWork and checks scanner *it works*
Opens MOVE again and walks back in cooler
*waits for batches to pull up and chooses batch*
GREAT! It pulled it up right away!
*scans first item*

*PAUUUUSEEEEEEE*

*walks back out and waits a minute*

This reminds me of when we were "Challenged" to try to do PFresh Inventory with MyDevices. I saw it coming the whole way... the assholes.

MyWork is okay in the coolers and freezer once it catches the signal. MOVE Takes FOREVER to change screens and when you first open the app the scanner won't come on for some reason. My routine:

Open MOVE and walk in cooler.
F*** scanner doesn't scan *goes back to MyWork and checks scanner *it works*
Opens MOVE again and walks back in cooler
*waits for batches to pull up and chooses batch*
GREAT! It pulled it up right away!
*scans first item*

*PAUUUUSEEEEEEE*

*walks back out and waits a minute*

Haha, that's funny, I swear I get the best connection in my freezer and cooler back in Dairy. Only issue I have is the scanner plexiglass fogging over from the inside so I have to warm the PDA up. The scanner still shows through perfectly fine, but it doesn't scan because it's fogged over.

Yea ever since we made the switch to zebra scanners we haven't been able to use them in any of our coolers. As market end to end it can be frustrating to say the least. After two months of complaining calling hq and sending countless work orders I finally got a guy to come down and his excuse was that they weren't "contracted" to work on any access points of witch there are four , one in each cooler that do not work with the zebra scanners ATM. I'm praying to God they fix the issue before move come to my store.

I too would like these instructions as my store didn't receive formal instructions.
I would love to know how to assign locations for move as we got the app but no assigned locations other than SFS

Yup. Pretty much the only ones carrying pda's are pog and SFS
Pog can be done on Zebra. Only time I need pda is if I need to Locu, mspk, or defect (because for some assinine reason Dog food cant be tossed. It has to be defected.)

Pog can be done on Zebra. Only time I need pda is if I need to Locu, mspk, or defect (because for some assinine reason Dog food cant be tossed. It has to be defected.)
watch me i can toss it in the compactor. and then do research to whatever it says is onhand - 1 .
that's one way to do it, not correct or that i ever have done it but it is one way.

Last edited:
SFS locations are what Move uses for cart tracking.
SHPAA-ZZ will work.
we aren't gonna start move until 1st quarter. but they put location stickers on every flat and tub.
I guess we will have to move it to the tub then scan it into the aisle for each item when we push and pull the auto cafs ... this will take 5 times as long as it does now.
what if the item that i need to push to the aisle is on the bottom of my stack.

Lol my ETL Log put STS AA to ZZ on all the vehicles lol I wonder who is going to fix that.... I was wondering why move wasn't working when I scanned his vehicles but worked with SHP vehicles lol
Every store in our group did OPU hold locations at first because whoever sent out the instructions didn't think there was a difference.

we aren't gonna start move until 1st quarter. but they put location stickers on every flat and tub.
I guess we will have to move it to the tub then scan it into the aisle for each item when we push and pull the auto cafs ... this will take 5 times as long as it does now.
what if the item that i need to push to the aisle is on the bottom of my stack.

You don't have to scan it into aisle. What it does is put the things in order by aisle so theoretically you only have to visit an aisle once.. we started using tubs with toppers so we can try and put things as neat as possible.

I would love to know how to assign locations for move as we got the app but no assigned locations other than SFS

You make a parent and child location and toss the child.. it should be shpxx where the xx is two random letters.

watch me i can toss it in the compactor. and then do research to whatever it says is onhand - 1 .
that's one way to do it, not correct or that i ever have done it but it is one way.
Hey, I dont toss anything in the compactor unless I absolutely have to. You know those pic labels they love to shove in the shipping label bags they stick to the dog and cat food? They make great bag patches.

I work on computers and really hate rf apps. So yes, avoiding it is a joy to me. I would to keep the pda and have updated system but unfortunately thats not up to me.

In truth, if I could, i would have my work on my own phone so I wouldnt need a mydevice (id probably kill the phone)

See i'd rather have everything in RF apps for BR. STO, SUBT, BCODE, NOP, LOCU, PULL, ETC. Only have STO show more information (on hand, SF capacity, D code), and eliminate as many graphical apps as possible. Then with all that gone make RF apps faster, as there is no way a text app should be that slow. Would be great not having to wait on the equipment for a couple hundred milliseconds all the time. I hope with the MOVE roll out the benefits will outweigh it's negatives but I really don't see that happening.

Would be great not having to wait on the equipment for a couple hundred milliseconds all the time.
You don't have to always wait for it every time you do something. You can key in what you need to key in as fast as you want and it will catch up.

So MOVE is coming to my area this spring. If floor counts don't update until the vehicle is released how does plano push that hasn't been pushed for multiple days effect the truck push? Won't 'the system' think it's needed and the product will 'replenish from the truck? How long can a vehicle sit unpushed?

So MOVE is coming to my area this spring. If floor counts don't update until the vehicle is released how does plano push that hasn't been pushed for multiple days effect the truck push? Won't 'the system' think it's needed and the product will 'replenish from the truck? How long can a vehicle sit unpushed?

That part of move went away.

I think there were issues with the hold locations. I have to say, it'll waste some time for the people stocking, but it'll be a life-saver for SFS if the floor counts don't get updated until the item is on the floor, or if we can tell which vehicle an item waiting to be pushed is in.

How do you handle shipper or assortment cases? I know you have to pull them but is product being pushed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back