Archived Another major change coming to Logistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually posted to targetred360.com and it is the video "How Target is Going to Win PT2"... the site says its for all TMs but I am not sure if it would be considered working off the clock for hourly employees to log into it?

EDIT: Actually I just read the disclaimer on the site, and non-exempt employees are allowed to use it whenever they want as it is not considered "work" and the information is non-paid and non-mandatory. Please do not copy or post any videos or direct information onto this forum though. The site is password protected for a reason and we do not want to abuse it.

Last edited:
Interesting video... too bad the team member did not route the food smh.... going to blame the director for not catching that

Looking forward to this!! So exciting!

On a side note: Please make every store have those next gen pushers on everything (well, almost everything) in DRY!! PLEEEEEASE! They are gorgeous. I doubt my store's plano would even think about installing it. Added work for them. I'll do this one willingly!!!

On a side note: Please make every store have those next gen pushers on everything (well, almost everything) in DRY!! PLEEEEEASE! They are gorgeous. I doubt my store's plano would even think about installing it. Added work for them. I'll do this one willingly!!!
They are supposed to be company wide in market

They are supposed to be company wide in market

There's a lot that the grocery operation model didn't put them on that I have subsequently added them to. The biggest area being shelves 2,3,4 in cereal. I'm not sure if it was included in the rollout but I put cooking spices on gen3 about 2 years ago and I started putting chocolate chips on frozen pushers and it made a world of difference. I'm currently trying to talk the new dry TL into putting BFY, stand up pouch and pegged bags on pushers.

That's been my dream target since I started 4 years ago I sure hope this happens within the next 12 months don't drag it out and someone new comes in and changes the whole thing.

According to RED Wire, anything you received via the candy delivery (McLane if you're in my market) will now be sent via RDC/FDC and a little bit via C&S (not sure if they are a nation-wide vendor either). Anything that would have previously fit in a tote will now come in combo repacks. Timing is for last week of May, at least for R400.

R100 as well. And I haven't checked it if it's already happening or not.. Haven't looked for the ugly ass totes we get from McLane. But they did tell our checklane person who does the McLane candy that her hours are cut since the 4am boys and girls would be stocking it. They are on two checklanes 18-17 everything is empty.. And if you breathe on the two last ones they will explode..

I believe it's part of the grocery operating model (at least it is in my district). We'll be getting extra hours specifically for this, and they will be installed in waves starting with regular revisions and transitions.

There's a lot that the grocery operation model didn't put them on that I have subsequently added them to. The biggest area being shelves 2,3,4 in cereal. I'm not sure if it was included in the rollout but I put cooking spices on gen3 about 2 years ago and I started putting chocolate chips on frozen pushers and it made a world of difference. I'm currently trying to talk the new dry TL into putting BFY, stand up pouch and pegged bags on pushers.

Most of the time the stand up pouch type products do not work well in the pushers. Because the weight is not evenly distributed from the top of the package to the bottom, it can make the item flip out of the pusher fixture and end up behind the pusher instead of in front. You might be better off downsweeping the BFY shelves and adding fencing like a lot of the other candy pogs have.

Last edited:
Yes, payroll will probably reduce overall but its also reducing the workload by a large amount. Upwards of 20% of our flow team payroll is spent just unloading/pulling pallets/bowling right now, and that is not counting the breakout in Softlines and other Repacks.

Be that as it may, people still need to pay bills. Hard to do on 15 hours a week. Reduced payroll = higher turnover.

FDC's are supposedly rolling out breakpack now. Not sure if someone mentioned that. I'm surprised that took so long. Our FDC's seem so far behind...

I'm pretty happy about dropping McLane if only because we can finally get labels on the packaging or break it down to help out the stores with stocking.

Goodbye, payroll.
I would like to know more about this please because I'm concerned as I struggle so with the hours.

What video? How exactly is this going to be or happen? I'm at an A volume Super Target store, Flow TM go in at 4AM and hardly sometimes I make it pass 9AM!

I go in help with the line in receiving then from 5:30 - 6:45 everybody is stocking everything in the store , but groceries as there's a dedicated team to do that department. 6:45 - 7:00 Break Time 7:00 - till finished is to work on repacks baskets throughout the store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back