Archived Any other backroom TMs being pushed into another departments due to the new CAF system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fghdgdf

Backroom, I can't change my name :|
Let me just start by saying that after hearing of the new CAF system that they will be starting at Target, I knew immediately that one of two things would happen: Hours would be cut, and people would be transferred to new positions or even new departments. After the news was passed down, of course everyone was concerned. Even though management insisted that no one would be "let go" because Target would "never do that".

Unfortunately, seeing as I was the last person to be hired on, I get the raw end of the deal. They may not be officially terminating me, but they choose to stick me in one of the worst departments. (I'll leave it up to you guys to take a wild guess at what that is. Plus...something...something...anonymity.) Now not only do I have hours cut, there is also the possibility of having a pay cut, which will inevidable force me to quit. Which of course is their ultimate goal.

Last edited:
Let me just start by saying that after hearing of the new CAF system that they will be starting at Target, I knew immediately that one of two things would happen: Hours would be cut, and people would be transferred to new positions or even new departments. After the news was passed down, of course everyone was concerned. Even though management insisted that no one would be "let go" because Target would "never do that".

Unfortunately, seeing as I was the last person to be hired on, I get the raw end of the deal. They may not be officially terminating me, but they choose to stick me in one of the worst departments. (I'll leave it up to you guys to take a wild guess at what that is. Plus...something...something...anonymity.) Now not only do I have hours cut, there is also the possibility of having a pay cut, which will inevidable force me to quit. Which of course is their ultimate goal.
Softlines is not a bad department to end up in, plus you'll likely be the go to person to pull and push for the department you've been assigned to.

We were told our hours weren't going to be cut in the backroom. They are going to have to pull manuals in between the cafs so we still need the same amount of people. Plus backstock, flexibles, pog pulls, research pulls, ect.

OP is obviously going to be a cashier. :p

My backroom TL hasn't said a word to me about a new CAF schedule.

Mine kept quiet for about a week. Something is definitly up. They're just not going to tell you until last minute.

We were told our hours weren't going to be cut in the backroom. They are going to have to pull manuals in between the cafs so we still need the same amount of people. Plus backstock, flexibles, pog pulls, research pulls, ect.

That could be BS but then again it probably depends on your store. Mine is a high volume and they're still pulling this so just a heads up.

I asked an ETL tonight and she said they haven't been told any details about it other than the 2 hour limit and the start date.

Corporate is incompetent. They use fires to put fires out.

Oh they know. Email has been sent out to ETLs-TLs since last week. Unless you trust the word of your ETL 100%. Honestly I hope this fails horribly for them. I even hope they lose money over it.

FDC or C&S Truck push, pfresh we can always use more people and I hear that we may be doing this over night as well.
They want our FDC truck to arrive by 4 AM no later, hopefully at midnight.

I asked an ETL tonight and she said they haven't been told any details about it other than the 2 hour limit and the start date.

Corporate is incompetent. They use fires to put fires out.

It's been on Redwire since Tuesday.

Oh they know. Email has been sent out to ETLs-TLs since last week. Unless you trust the word of your ETL 100%. Honestly I hope this fails horribly for them. I even hope they lose money over it.

They won't lose money. The new system is geared towards pulling only outs and critical lows. It's asinine to work a pull each hour with things like one towel, 2 boxes of cake mix, 2 cans of dog food, one pack of kids' socks..... None of these are needed as the capacity is high enough as it is.

They won't lose money. The new system is geared towards pulling only outs and critical lows. It's asinine to work a pull each hour with things like one towel, 2 boxes of cake mix, 2 cans of dog food, one pack of kids' socks..... None of these are needed as the capacity is high enough as it is.

This is true. I had some hours where I was pulling one item per batch. Could have been pulling pogs for empty end caps

This is true. I had some hours where I was pulling one item per batch. Could have been pulling pogs for empty end caps
You still won't have time for that other stuff though because now there will be less hours.

Pretty sure this starts Monday for our store. No one moved or hours cut. BR team will help push CAFs now and there will be more manuals to be pulled. Also, BR team will pull POGs etc. If you are moved, you should keep your pay. When we have adjusted down due to AE changes in the past, tms in question keep their pay regardless of which department they are moved to. Pharmacy techs would have kept their pay if they decided to stick with Target. When we lost our AP dept (except for one TL), they were given their choice of dept and kept their higher AP pay. If there is talk of lowering your pay--Talk to your HR.

Pretty sure this starts Monday for our store. No one moved or hours cut. BR team will help push CAFs now and there will be more manuals to be pulled. Also, BR team will pull POGs etc. If you are moved, you should keep your pay. When we have adjusted down due to AE changes in the past, tms in question keep their pay regardless of which department they are moved to. Pharmacy techs would have kept their pay if they decided to stick with Target. When we lost our AP dept (except for one TL), they were given their choice of dept and kept their higher AP pay. If there is talk of lowering your pay--Talk to your HR.

Thanks for the input. I really have to have a word with HR and my TL. It would have been nice to have a choice in the department I'm getting transfered to. Glad to at least here I should be able to keep my pay.

They lie. Gutted 60hrs from my stores backroom right off the top.

It WAS and STILL IS A FAIL! FAIL! We pilot'd this crap, and fail! We repeated that each conference call. I finally was kicked out of the conference calls as I would not tow the party line. Further up the chain just refuses to see that their PROJECTED (always WRONG bean counter number) savings is not going to happen! This is not going to recoup $0.5B towards the CA disaster... get over it move on!

Sorry to hear you are one of the MANY BRTM(s) to be screwed., blue'd and tatoo'd... if there is any solace, you are NOT ALONE! I look for the BR team here to dwindle... You are SPOT ON, on this IS THE GOAL!

Just like my team my rock stars are FED UP! Most have been through this "lower" hours in the first of the year. Most picked up PC, IS, or something... They still are but not to make up for the BONE REMOVING CUTS. They are cutting the bone! Not to the bone, but actual BONE! :mad: I've done everything I can to slice, dice and sliver hours from the average and the slugs to the rock stars, I can only move the deck chairs so much....before I get the ETL wrath...and they can only be so cut throat before they are just tired out!

I already know in a few months we won't have the rock stars, and that will wipe out 100% of FDC, my core unload team and core pushers.... :( :( :mad: :mad: The average and slugs will be all thats left... This is the writing on the wall here. The caphony of grumbling here is getting deafing.. I don't blame them.. I've been there... I was just more cut throat about staying late, coming in, coming back for swaps, or CO, etc.. and that meant CLOPENS! Some with as little as 2-3 hours before a truck the next day. Or 15+ days in a row... I get it that some are not that crazed... They shouldn't have to be!

FDC or C&S Truck push, pfresh we can always use more people and I hear that we may be doing this over night as well.
They want our FDC truck to arrive by 4 AM no later, hopefully at midnight.

I and most of my team, and especially my FDC team would KILL FOR THIS! They all want to come in work, and go home! And really logistics should be 100% done over night. Store close to store open, logistics ninjas come in and BAM! SPP and POG's set! DC GM freight pushed, FDC for Super or PFresh complete. I am so close to being able to do this by the volume I can taste it.. and to come up just that short.. just kills...Whats worse is that this whole mess will KILL SALES! And it will make moving up further unlikely, and probably force us back down. :mad:

I agree, that when things get low, that should trigger fills. The onesies twosies for something that is nearly full is foolish.

The problem is that TGT systems doesn't have the FIRST CLUE about outs/critical lows, CORRECTLY as they don't have the IT systems to do it! I can scan outs in dry market and be told there are 50 cans of chili beans on the shelf! IT has ZERO!!! ZERO!! Unless this is RESEARCHED and RESEARCHED AND RESEARCHED to death it will never pull that, unless I go get the 2-3 or more cases that sit in the stockroom myself! :mad: A certain poster here can spout how great the system and its math prowess is, I can tell you it rates a big fat FAIL! It has from day 1 when I got here, and thats years ago!

This is just going to lead to exactly what we had MORE EMPTY SHELFS, HUGE PILES of MANUALS with NO ONE to work 5 two-tier carts in dry market. ... Your choice you want a zone in dry or push manuals? Pick ONE! It just doesn't work! Period. I've been there done it, FAIL! It is pushing it to ask that a PA/Market TM do all that alone. That really should be ONE PA to do produce/dairy/meat/bakery ie: open market, and one for DRY Market. It seems that possibly some do this.

I am all for improving things... getting the TECH to WORK better, and FOR US, and not US FIGHT THE TECH that DOESN'T WORK! ie; mytoys, embedded wincrap in PDA's and POS! Your need to get things back to using the MAINFRAME itself NOT window dressing interfaces that talk to the mainframe and fail because they can't reliably communicate/interface.

In 2016 we should have a much, MUCH better use of tech in retail, regardless of what some other poster(s) think. I am glad it was rainbows and unicorns in their rose colored glasses vision of the pilot. It was not here! :mad:

On the contrary, we are getting an increase in hours come the roll out. This should help ease the transition.

Sorry, I meant to say that my store is getting an increase. I heard our TL talking about it with our STL. I think our STL is smart enough to realize that cutting hours won't work with this system.

My STL will cut anything and everything to please the cunt DTL. He is her lapdog. It's fucking pathetic.

I had 15 minutes cut on a Saturday on the newest schedule. On Thursday, I was scheduled til 730pm and on Friday it had been changed til 715pm. I just don't get it.

I don't really care. I just want some clarity. I want to know what the situation is on hours. If getting 30 hours a week or maybe even less like 20 is the new normal then fine, I'm already looking for a 2nd time job. Just fucking communicate with me about it.

Seriously, say something I'm giving up on you.

And say what you need to say.

The hours at my store shot up on the newest schedule and my team leader told me our backroom payroll was almost doubled. I guess this didn't happen for all stores?

No it didn't. Our day side alone lost sixty hours.

I think it's hard to judge for the new schedule because I think they are still using February hours, which would have gone down anyway if you're missing sales. Wait for the first full week in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back