Archived Any rumors yet on Black Friday open time this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 trees done signing worthless guy..res in boxes.

You know building trees was in the planogram hours right?

I finished signing early, so I volunteered to do them, even if it isn't "my job". Even then, building and fluffing 30 trees took myself and another person 16 hours. Another 5 hours for the 10.5 tree....

Signing is double what it was in years past, so give your signing guy a bit of slack...

Multiple sources in my store say 10pm.

You know building trees was in the planogram hours right?

I finished signing early, so I volunteered to do them, even if it isn't "my job". Even then, building and fluffing 30 trees took myself and another person 16 hours. Another 5 hours for the 10.5 tree....

Signing is double what it was in years past, so give your signing guy a bit of slack...

I want to see the person who can build and fluff that many trees in the time allotted by adjacency calendar. My store showed 6 hours for tree flat and 3 hours for Merry focal...

I was just wondering if anyone has any "concrete" rumors on black Friday open time this year? It was mentioned at huddle tonight that the actual open time wouldn't be announced until 2 weeks priorwhich really isn't that far off either at this point...) but this site always seems to have a knack for getting the inside scoop.

Personally, I'm thinking if we're doing the midnight thing again (or worse yet, 10pm on Thanksgiving) this is it for me. Even after what I've managed to scrounge myself up to after 5 years with the company, it ain't worth giving up time with my family anymore.

We were given the official open time today, but were told to kept hush, hush until Monday at 6am our time. That is when HQ will be sending out a press release. Was told that we would get $1 extra per hour for anytime worked on Thursday or anytime before 8am on Friday. Also was told that we get an extra $1.50 per hour for anytime worked between 10pm on Thursday and 5am on Friday. This of course is on top of our time and a half for Thursday.

If my conversation with my GSTL was any indicator, I won't have to worry about working until "normal wage" hours on Black Friday. When we were discussing holiday hours, I told her I would happily close New Year's Eve and open New Year's Day, she said she'd take me up on NYE, but not on New Year's Day since that's time and a half. Umm...ok?

I want to see the person who can build and fluff that many trees in the time allotted by adjacency calendar. My store showed 6 hours for tree flat and 3 hours for Merry focal...

At my store, huddle was called out in mini and everyone got a tree to build/fluff.

Needless to say, all trees are on pog, built and done. Along with all of mini. Spot swarm! More like Zerg swarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back