Anyone remember VIBE?

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Anyone remember when vibe was a thing? What did it stand for again?

Anyone remember when vibe was a thing? What did it stand for again?

Yeah, I working when they perpetrated that.
Can't remember what it stood for.
@Hardlinesmaster you got your ears on?
This seems like something you might remember or can look up.
I was dinged a number of times for not getting my signing work done fast enough because I was doing the VIBE stuff of walking the guest customer to the item they wanted, upselling them, etc.

wasn’t this VIBE thing an invention of her ladyship the erstwhile Tina Tyler of Florida? It was before my time but it was the kind of cringe that just transcends time, like that time Marcus Aurelius chugged a whole ass amphora of poppy java and just sat at his desk swaying back and forth while the poppies wrote incoherent philosophy under his name

I remember vibe the program but not what the acronym stood for. I do remember that everyone below ETL at my store hated it, since it seemed like one big excuse to nitpick, micromanage and coach/write people up for the most minuscule “transgressions”. The beginning of the end in my view, Vibe replaced Fast, Fun and Friendly, and was followed by the disaster of Modernization, both huge nails in the coffin of Spot itself.🙁🤬

I remember the horribly-timed resurrection of it in 2020 when they tried to get people to approach strangers to sell them stuff in the middle of a raging pandemic with that awful "active selling" training. 🥴

Yeah, I working when they perpetrated that.
Can't remember what it stood for.
@Hardlinesmaster you got your ears on?
This seems like something you might remember or can look up.
I was dinged a number of times for not getting my signing work done fast enough because I was doing the VIBE stuff of walking the guest customer to the item they wanted, upselling them, etc.
You are correct,. Don't forget about video about vibe too.
Fast, Fun & friendly was replaced by vibe.
the vibe cards was replaced by G U E S T.
The buzz word was Amazing! Created by Cindy Hudson VP asst. in 2012.
Here is the vibe info:
GUEST link
Here is my version of vibe
Repeat after me,
Front end:
Ok, team! Let's vibe our guests! Smile & be nice all guests, ask for red cards & esp's, here is survey to tell us how we are doing. Thanks for shopping at spot.
Salesfloor:
Ok team! Smile & greet all guests, say can I help you find something? Take guest to product & suggest other items like clearance or related items. Mention red cards discounts, esp's & cartwheel deals. Then remind guest about the survey. Depending on the item, you can help the guest from the beginning helping to ringing them up at the register. If you are doing this, & no luck on red card. Ask your gstl & I need some help with this guest at register#' please. I do all this with furniture & big tv's. You can ask the gstl, to tell go to a certain lane for a great cashier who will ask all the questions for you, so you help another guest.
Hang in there, you can do this!

Last edited:
The tl walk with vibe.

1. Talent – know your tm’s. Openings & cross trainable? Know team commitments? Store focuses? GS?
2. Partnerships – working with instocks, pricing, plano & a/p, communication between all groups?
3. Brand – dtk metrics, food freshness standards,following key best practice for your area?
4. Merchandising – sales planners, ptms, discuss proftitabitiy – are you using the instock troubling guide to solve instock issues?
5. Ad execution – ad setup, audit, & takedown – following best practice, train correctly
6. Service & safety – safety throughout store. Know the scores
7. Specialty – bikes, electronics, etc – following best practice, product knowledge, etc..

You are correct,. Don't forget about video about vibe too.
Fast, Fun & friendly was replaced by vibe.
the vibe cards was replaced by G U E S T.
The buzz word was Amazing! Created by Cindy Hudson VP asst. in 2012.
Here is the vibe info:
GUEST link
Here is my version of vibe
Repeat after me,
Front end:
Ok, team! Let's vibe our guests! Smile & be nice all guests, ask for red cards & esp's, here is survey to tell us how we are doing. Thanks for shopping at spot.
Salesfloor:
Ok team! Smile & greet all guests, say can I help you find something? Take guest to product & suggest other items like clearance or related items. Mention red cards discounts, esp's & cartwheel deals. Then remind guest about the survey. Depending on the item, you can help the guest from the beginning helping to ringing them up at the register. If you are doing this, & no luck on red card. Ask your gstl & I need some help with this guest at register#' please. I do all this with furniture & big tv's. You can ask the gstl, to tell go to a certain lane for a great cashier who will ask all the questions for you, so you help another guest.
Hang in there, you can do this!

Thank you @Hardlinesmaster
I always know we can count on you.

gO tHe ExTra InCh FoR tHe GuEsT

That saying drove me nuts.
Forgot about that one. I hated that saying, too. Wow, a whole extra inch! That’s really putting yourself out for the guest, Spot. How totally unimpressive! Although with all the cut hours these days it’s unfortunately pretty accurate.🙄

"No summer sausage? You're assholes in this store." 235 lbs and lightning fast, I wanted to knock his fucking teeth down his throat. Me: nope, sold out.

VIBE was the beginning of my end. I remember it clearly, the conversation with my completely fucking useless STL.

"Your team isn't vibing with the guests, I need you to coach them - can you see how this might be a problem?"

"sure, but not for me."

EDIT: JFC when I read it I can even hear her stupid voice on my head.

Last edited:
Back