Archived AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
Does AP have microphone comparability? I saw a young couple by travel section yesterday and over heard them talking about stealing some things...just wondering if AP can over hear that and intervene. I didnt say anything because i didnt see anything and i figured maybe there are mics over there....AP is foreign to me. Thoughts?

Of course they do.
aaf_shifty.gif

But keep it under your hat, please.

Kartman lol you dont know shit. But im sure they do ,i feel bad for saying nothing tho .

just thinking about it I don't think recording audio would be very practical. I mean for one thing the mic array and placement would have to be just so, and you'd be picking up a lot of ambient noise like registers beeping, walkies squawking, cell phones ringing, cooler/freezer compressors and HVAC humming, 500 conversations going on at once, kids screaming, etc. Plus it would add several hundred more petabytes to the CCTV archives.

But even if Spot had some kind of super fancy NSA style microphone in the sky, AP still can't apprehend someone based on a recording of them talking about something. Their directives are pretty cut and dried, it's about seeing a concealment with your eyeballs, keeping steps on them until they walk past the registers through the vestibule.

Does AP have microphone comparability? I saw a young couple by travel section yesterday and over heard them talking about stealing some things...just wondering if AP can over hear that and intervene. I didnt say anything because i didnt see anything and i figured maybe there are mics over there....AP is foreign to me. Thoughts?

I dont believe so.

Next time just step away, get your AP on walkie, give him or her a rundown, and let them do their thing. They'll probably want a description, where they were, direction of movement, ect, so they can monitor it.

At least that's how ours operates.

Nope, no microphones. Too much legal red tape, not to mention the amount of space storing all the audio would take up if backed up in the cloud. 99% of the time all they would hear would be screaming children, weird guest conversations, and probably TMs gossiping about each other and leadership at their store.

Maybe I'm just crazy - I thought i remember reading super target's have it. Probably crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back