Archived Applying for SBTL.. Long story

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did most of what I do before they made me FSA. Which is why I said if she has her responsibilities back maybe her attitude would change. But you are right there is a reason they moved me up and not her

Looks like you need to partner with a TL or ETL that you can trust will deal with performance issues so they can address them. Let your ETL and STL know it's challenging for you to hold the team accountable with lack of rank and how it's affecting the business. Bring up specific things that you are noticing such as TMs not properly dating perishables, not being in dress code, not handling food correctly etc.

She's so used to everyone walking on eggs around her; maybe it's time someone sat down & had a frank talk with her:
"Look, I know you don't like (person, process, whatever pissed you off today) but if you want to be seriously considered for a leadership position you're going to have to make changes. By doing X, Y & addressing Z you could stop being a bridesmaid & be the bride, so to speak. Are you willing to do what it takes or are you going to continue to sit & watch others pass you by?"

My store has only sbux--no food ave, no pizza hut. We are low volume, but my sbux is mid low. We run in single coverage except for weekends too. I can't imagine what I would do with 3 baristas! It can be hard to get break coverage--all GSA and GSTL have to be trained to cover breaks. Works for us. Redhairedchick, someone in your store should have the Team Leader interview guide. At my store, they just practice those questions then they are ready! When I moved to sbux I was barista trained by a great tm. I went to a different Target Starbucks for some of the Leadership stuff. In your interview, be direct and remember that its about what you can do for Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back