Archived ATTN: Flow TLs store modernization

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been the Flow TL for about 2 months at my store. We have the same process as No I in Team. I was able to get fully clean one time when they sent a 789 piece truck. I begin with 5-6 TM doing the unload, with 2 more flow TM for processing SL. I have 3 begin at 6:30, which I use to 2 to push and the other to support the unload. 3 more at 7 that go directly into pushing. We have been very close to getting everything pushed by noon, usually just the repacks for BTS remain then. We have been capitalizing on our SFS team which is usually done picking by 9:30a to finish our trucks, however we are never completely clean in the BR.

On Saturday, I never have a full team just because no one wants to work Saturdays. I was down 7 TM just this last Saturday.

I sat down with my Log ETL today and told him there was just no possible way for my team to meet the 3-4 hours shifts that my TM are assigned. He was understanding that it is ludicrous, but our STL will ride us both even if we get the team out by noon for overspending. I'm about fresh out of ideas on how to be more efficient. I don't believe the new unload is going to be for the better.

Unload 2 team members
Scanner/Line pusher 1
Line 5-6 depending
That's 8-9 team members to unload the truck, add in 2-3 "pallet movers" or bowlers, and you're at 11-12. 5 hour shift, that's 55-60 hours used.

We've been successful switching out pallets to 2 uboats for areas, so they are smaller push items, easier to control and move, and more segregated.

Using two team members to sort softlines, maybe at the end of the day, but since the switch to softlines pushing it, I personally do not rush to get it all broken out/sorted first thing. If that's done when my team is leaving at 11-12pm, then that's when it's done and softlines can deal with it and adjust. I'd use the second team member you have working softlines on your team pushing somewhere and then at the last hour or whatever, send her to help wrap up softlines so it is done when your team leaves, not earlier.

I also have a lot of success in adding one hour shifts for people before their normal workcenter job. Our receiver was coming in at 7am, she now does 6am and pushes an area of the store for me for one hour. I had some 9am or 10am cashiers come in for an hour and push one spot and checklane stuff so I don't anymore. If you can do the same, or get more people like the SFS people coming in to help you before their shift, or get pricing team members 6-8am with you, or something, do it. You get more done before the store is open, wipe out one area earlier, and the team learns more and are better off with more hours. Then if you need to, do the reverse and show your team how to do pricing or SFS so they can be support for them when they need it.

Flow is being organized, leaving a plan detailed, and knowing where to save time, cut time, and spend time. Domestics repacks might be nice to sort, but if you just took each one and dumped it into a cart and pushed it, you'd probably finish at the same exact time. Home repacks, however, need to be sorted since they are all over and include pets, chem, and other stupid things. BTS/office repacks are the same, so maybe instead of pushing to the home you get them all over to BTS seasonal and push there first, and someone else pushing the Stationary ones done and getting the residual from seasonal added to them, not the opposite.

Our reciever is a person who feels self entitled to her role and throws a fit when used to push any merchandise. Same goes for most other departments TMs. Self entitled and throws giant fits and bashes the store when asked to do anything else. I feel like my team accommodates to everyone but no other team or TL is willing to accommodate to our needs, ever. What's with that? We are tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back