Archived Backstocking case freight

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
So..... Case freight comes in with say 20 something items in it.
I backstock the box using the pick label on the carton to get around having to do an individual scan of all the items so that after scanning it into the location I take everything out of the box throw the box away and just put the 20 something odd items in the location. Will this mess up pulls if a pog is dropped or anything since the original pick label used to scan it all in is gone now?

You get case packs with different dpci’s?? (In the same case pack??)
If you have a case-pack with pick label, the case-pack should have the same item in it... if you open said case-pack you don’t need to scan e.g 20 bottles of shampoo, you scan one and tell zebra you are stowing 20, what exactly is your question???

As long as it is not a mispick (wrong pick label on box), it will be fine. The DPCIs should be the same on the pick label and the items.

You get case packs with different dpci’s?? (In the same case pack??)
If you have a case-pack with pick label, the case-pack should have the same item in it... if you open said case-pack you don’t need to scan e.g 20 bottles of shampoo, you scan one and tell zebra you are stowing 20, what exactly is your question???
If it’s all the same DPCI, can’t you just put the case-pack in case-stock above or below open stock wacos?

If it’s all the same DPCI, can’t you just put the case-pack in case-stock above or below open stock wacos?
Yes... thats why I wanted OP to clarify the question, like why would you want to open a case-pack with a perfectly good pick label on it when backstocking, either way as long as you backstock correctly, it shouldn’t matter..

Sorry Im probably using the wrong terms for it.

So if 10 boxes of transition comes in let's say it's all jeans and hasn't been set yet won't be for a while. Instead of opening it up and backstocking each pair because they come in different sizes and lengths all seperate dpci, there is a label on the outside of each box that has an assortment barcode that holds the say 10-12 dpci that are in that one box.

If I scan the assortment barcode to backstock it all in one location throw the box away (with the assortment label ) will those items still pull correctly when it is time to pull them and set?

Store doesn't allow us to backstock certain transition items it has to be taken out of cardboard and backstocked if it can't be pushed to the floor so to get around it that was something I thought about doing

So if 10 boxes of transition comes in let's say it's all jeans and hasn't been set yet won't be for a while. Instead of opening it up and backstocking each pair because they come in different sizes and lengths all seperate dpci, there is a label on the outside of each box that has an assortment barcode that holds the say 10-12 dpci that are in that one box.

If I scan the assortment barcode to backstock it all in one location throw the box away (with the assortment label ) will those items still pull correctly when it is time to pull them and set?

Store doesn't allow us to backstock certain transition items it has to be taken out of cardboard and backstocked if it can't be pushed to the floor so to get around it that was something I thought about doing
@Produce Queen we need your help here.

backstocking each pair because they come in different sizes and lengths all seperate dpci, there is a label on the outside of each box that has an assortment barcode that holds the say 10-12 dpci that are in that one box.
I would think the label would tell how many of each DPCI there is in the box. Also you could check to see if it backstocked correctly, by scanning a single item out of that box and seeing if it shows a backroom location of where you backstocked the assortment barcode.

I’m just assuming here, please let me know if I’m wrong.

Not 100% about assortment, but I think they have a separate dpci from the items in the box. That could cause an error when they set, because it will batch the assortment instead of the individual items. I would either backside as a case of scan each item individually

If you backstock something by the assortment label, leave it in the case and don't separate it out. When Move goes through to add any item in the assortment to a batch, it assumes it's all together in the box still, and asks to pull by case (pull 1 assortment) instead of by DPCI. So it has the chance of creating an error if the assortment label isn't present anymore, even if the system knows what all is in the box.

Long story short, if you want to backstock the assortment, either backstock it all as one and leave it in the assortment box or pull it all out of the case and backstock each DPCI individually to avoid errors.

That assortment box is a shipper & is needed for an endcap or side cap. Just STO the dpci on pic label to backstock, like others said.

Last edited:
Before SFS/OPU, best practice was just stow the case using the barcode on the pick label. Now, however, as long as you have the time, I would back stock each DPCI individual in wacos. Although it is transition, it maybe available online before your store gets a chance to set it. Stowing individually will help the SFS/OPU team pull it quicker, and them not tearing into and through a case will help keep your backroom neater.

When our softlines back room aisles were reprofiled a while back, the leadership thought it would be best to backstock all sizes of the same item in the same Waco. Men's jeans, kids' shorts, t-shirts, women's underwear, everything. Same Waco, all different sizes. It is a nightmare.
Words fail me...🙄🙄🙄

If it’s an assor

[/QUOTE
If it’s an assortment then you backstock it as one.

All assortments should be backstock as one . Doesn’t matter if it’s transition or not because when you set it it will as for the master dpci ( aka assortment pick label ) which contains all the dpcis needed for the set.

Back stock each DPCI individually. I also don’t backstock items that look the same in the same WACO. It has a tendency to create errors- so I would backstock each size (DPCI) in a different WACO. aka - Don’t put the entire assortment case into the same WACO
no idea how many times I stress this...stop backstocking similar looking items together...make it easy for the next person to come along...ESPECIALLY during back to school this is our stress test for the christmas holidays if you ask me and it's already a mess. My ETLs need to get us set faster but we have no gameplan that I was told about even though I own a large part of seasonal. Can someone ask Brian to come in and show us how he wants it done while we all roll our eyes and maybe laugh at his failure.

no idea how many times I stress this...stop backstocking similar looking items together...make it easy for the next person to come along...ESPECIALLY during back to school this is our stress test for the christmas holidays if you ask me and it's already a mess. My ETLs need to get us set faster but we have no gameplan that I was told about even though I own a large part of seasonal. Can someone ask Brian to come in and show us how he wants it done while we all roll our eyes and maybe laugh at his failure.

What happened to the Backroom should be set like the salesfloor?

So if I have a stack of shirts from XS to XXL on a table on the floor, the backstock of those shirts should be XS to XXL in a Waco in the back.

Now our softlines Backroom is a shit show, but that’s how they say it should be.

Not sure if anyone gave you a 100% answer yet.

If you back stock it via the assortment label it needs to remain in the case. If fill is dropped for any of the items in the assortment, it prompts you to pull the entire case. At which point it would be opened, stocked, and then backstocked.

If you use the assortment label and then toss the box, it will send you to that location looking for the assortment dpci, and generate 1 error for each separate dpci you scan that you broke out, because those dpcis are technically not located there. As you scan them looking for the item, it is adding them in, creating 1 error per dpci. So basically if there are 10 dpcis in the assortment, it will create 10 errors when it sends you to that location.

It WILL tell you to pull the specific item it's looking for, but still generate an error.

Tldr: don't do that.

If it’s an unopened full box just rip the label with the barcode and stick it to the smaller side then backstock, if it’s not a full box which you already opened and put some of the items out take the rest of the items out of the box then throw the box away then backstock those items in the brown walco make sure you don’t backstock unopened and opened stuff together, lastly go for the first number for quantity, not the second.

Someone who pushes BTS after I leave has no idea how to move the pick label. Every day when I pull autos I'm having to pull casepacks out to scan the barcode because it hasn't been peeled off. Also finding backstock counts to be way off for some items. Can there just be a couple people dedicated to keeping the backroom in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back