Archived Bad Habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some bad habits you have at work?

Mine is using the bathroom AFTER my break/lunch is over when I had all the time in world to do use the bathroom earlier.
I'd say my worst bad habit is not organizing Waco's when I'm pulling autos as much as I should be. Literally nobody does it but I see it as a progressive way to improve location accuracy and decrease pull times.

Not calling out flex as often as I'm supposed to. To be fair though, I'm busy as fuck.

Mine is using the bathroom AFTER my break/lunch is over

That's not a bad habit. The later you can do it is the longer you can wait 'til the next restroom trip.

Driving super slow in the parking garage.. Guests get mad about it, but I'd hate to have repeat incidents. I've always been super cautious, though, even when I first started. Another bad habit I have is to not say that I need a break and only going on my lunches. No one ever wants to cover breaks, just lunches, so I don't want be a bother. Double-digit hour shifts with only one break (lunch) can be tiring, though. :/

pressing the talk button on the portable phone when i have to use the bathroom, when there is no one available to cover me. ...because i don't want it ringing while i'm in there. i try not to do it often but, whatever

Checking off the restroom check sheets for a four hour time period. Psshh I do restroom checks maybe twice per shift.

Gawd I wish there was music in the restrooms!

Oh no. My office recently took to adding music in restrooms and hallways. Now that they've switched to jazz/classical, it's not so bad. Trying to poop when listening to Elton John or abba is surprisingly difficult

Gawd I wish there was music in the restrooms!
Oh no. My office recently took to adding music in restrooms and hallways. Now that they've switched to jazz/classical, it's not so bad. Trying to poop when listening to Elton John or abba is surprisingly difficult
Agreed.
I'd rather do my noisy business with some thrash metal going on.
Covers a multitude of functions.

I'd welcome ANY sound, even a fan running.

I work with a guy who constantly farts. I'm talking smells-like-something-died kinda farts, and he'll do it everywhere -- the freezer, in the GM stockroom, grocery stockroom, etc. makes my skin crawl everytime I have to suit up to go in the freezer, mainly because i'm wearing a suit that this a-hole farts in repeatedly. makes me wonder how many fart particles are permanently stuck on the inside?

any of you have to deal with gassy coworkers that rip @ss like it's a scene out of Blazing Saddles?

Had a fellow tm who would warn us. We thought TMI until it was obviously a public service. :p

When picking SFS orders, I'll sometimes skip items in backroom locations and get it from the salesfloor if it's difficult to get down or if it means breaking open a casepack for a single item. Which should cause it to drop into the next CAF batch and someone else will end up pulling it.

I work with a guy who constantly farts. I'm talking smells-like-something-died kinda farts, and he'll do it everywhere -- the freezer, in the GM stockroom, grocery stockroom, etc. makes my skin crawl everytime I have to suit up to go in the freezer, mainly because i'm wearing a suit that this a-hole farts in repeatedly. makes me wonder how many fart particles are permanently stuck on the inside?

any of you have to deal with gassy coworkers that rip @ss like it's a scene out of Blazing Saddles?
I let it rip if I am down an aisle ( I work in the backroom) by myself. I just let it go. One day I did this and thought wow I feel better. Then I came out of the aisle and the etl/log was coming. I thought please don't go down that aisle...sure enough he did . He didn't say anything ...but he sure didn't stay down that aisle long either .

I'd welcome ANY sound, even a fan running.

Don't say that. I can send the screaming children that are always in the ladies room. Either from them needing changing or they are just bored waiting for mom to take care of her business or they don't want to use the store potty. Or my favorite where they just scream cause it sounds cool bouncing off the tile.

Why I use the public restroom as last last resort.

When picking SFS orders, I'll sometimes skip items in backroom locations and get it from the salesfloor if it's difficult to get down or if it means breaking open a casepack for a single item. Which should cause it to drop into the next CAF batch and someone else will end up pulling it.
When I was doing SFS I would do the same thing, especially if I knew it was on the sales floor. Not going to open a case of 12 for a single item and have to BS 11 open stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back