Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working an off duty detail at one of my local Targets on Black Friday/Thursday this year. I just can't stay away :rolleyes:
In reality, I wanted the money and I could pick up off duty work at either Target or Walmart, so I picked Target since I know how the place runs and I also know Walmart is hell incarnate, especially on Black Friday.

I'm working an off duty detail at one of my local Targets on Black Friday/Thursday this year. I just can't stay away :rolleyes:
In reality, I wanted the money and I could pick up off duty work at either Target or Walmart, so I picked Target since I know how the place runs and I also know Walmart is hell incarnate, especially on Black Friday.

Yep, as bad as we get hit, walmart defintely gets it 100x worst, last year my cousin sent me a vid of some ladies fighting over hand towels...

My tip, especially for newer people, is to at least recognize other tm faces and what department they work in, you'll know who to run to when a problem arises, and it will. And just bring a good attitude, i've already heard the complaints about people who have to come in on BF, but its retail, what did you expect? I enjoyed it somewhat last year, my team has a good sense of humor so it made things easier for sure.

Oh and shower and rinse out after drinking, you don't want to smell like a dive bar heading to work.

Psssssst

Target Black Friday 2017 Ad Page 1 - https://blackfriday.com/stores/target/ads/black-friday/page-1

I really hope this is true. Opening at 6 and CLOSING AT MIDNIGHT?!
It looks legit. However, I have followed bfads.net for years and they usually announce ads as soon as they get them, and then post the scans shortly after that. They don't have it on their site yet.

They also don't have Walmart's, and Target usually waits until they announce hours, then they announce ours.

The ad also doesn't have this year's theme "Together's The Joy."

I also didn't see one product I know we will be having again this year.

Lastly, Target, the last couple of years has released the ad on-line as soon as they decide on the hours to get ahead of these Black Friday ad sites.

The 7A to Midnight hours would make sense because I always said it had to cost more to stay open overnight than the money we brought in.

All of the above being said, if it isn't real, someone has way too much time on their hands to create a prank like this.

This year, I plan on catching up on tasks I never get to do, because when it slows down, it's agonizingly boring.

It's the official ad.

Just the got email from target and there's certain deals on sale right now. Just ordered the Beats for myself!

Wear a non-red sweater, jacket, or over shirt (or bring one with you for break, lunch, etc.)
Arrive early, parking will be terrible.
Walk the racetrack after you arrive, before you clock in, if you haven't seen it yet, so you know where everything is.
If you're opening/near the doors at open, GTF out of the way. You CAN BE KILLED. It has actually happened.
Schedules should be provided for breaks/ lunches.

I hope I get scheduled overnight(11pm-7) so I can get cleaning done, research, purging and checking for out of dates in the coolers.
with how busy i'm gonna be from now till Thanksgiving selling all and every bit of food on the shelves. I doubt ill have any out of dates in the coolers.

I will be pushing FDC truck since we get FDC truck every single day.

Last edited:
Wear a non-red sweater, jacket, or over shirt (or bring one with you for break, lunch, etc.)
Arrive early, parking will be terrible.
Walk the racetrack after you arrive, before you clock in, if you haven't seen it yet, so you know where everything is.
If you're opening/near the doors at open, GTF out of the way. You CAN BE KILLED. It has actually happened.
Schedules should be provided for breaks/ lunches.
you mean wrist bands with break and lunch times which MUST be followed.

i work 10pm-6am SFS thanksgiving thru black friday morning. anyone got any tips on not falling asleep at work?? :rolleyes:

Interesting that there are no opening time/details on the official Target ad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back