Archived Black friday hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked around today and was told that the BF schedule is made but will not be posted in our store until Monday... FFS no one cares what time spot decides to open, we just want to know our schedules so we can plan our lives.

Unless you have MAX access ;)

Sears is opening at 8 PM so they can be the first official store opening.
So there is no more Thanksgiving.
F U C K black friday.

could anyone maybe pm me what time i should plan to leave my hometown to make the 5 hour drive out to my store with a half hour to spare before open? I know that's even pushing it but I'm trying to plan turkey day and don't work for another 2 days

Will it be a standard opening for all stores? I was under the impression that there would be different opening times depending on area or volume. ?????

I have no problem with saying that I am in Massachusetts and we are *definitely* opening at 1am. That means nothing for the other states, however, because Massachusetts has STRICT laws forbidding retail establishments from opening their doors (or anyone being in the building, actually) before midnight. To have time to set up, since we cannot by law be in the building until 12am, we cannot open until 1am.

That's just us though... curious about the rest of you!

Can someone tell me what time we are opening? It has obviously been made official so please PM me or something I need to plan this out as soon as possible

Can someone tell me what time we are opening? It has obviously been made official so please PM me or something I need to plan this out as soon as possible

No one can tell you what time Your store is opening. You will know on Monday for sure.

I have heard of stores opening at different times ( not because of BF) just different hrs and so on and so forth so it could very well be that certain stores might open up at 1 am and all others open up at 10 PM who knows. In other related news Best Buy is opening up at midnight and Wal-Mart is opening up at 8 PM both have been confirmed.

My store is 9pm. Which means, between Thanksgiving and BF, my store will be open 26 hours...

Received the confirmation as to what time my store will be opening. Due to that time, my store is asking if any TLs are willing are volunteer to do an opening shift and then coming back to do a closing shift. Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I told my STL that I would volunteer to do both the opening shift (which she wanted me to do any way), go home and sleep, then come back and do the closing shift. :wacko:

So Walmart's ad is online now and apparently they're opening at 8 PM. No wonder they're going on S. Best Buy is midnight, KMart is opening 6 AM on Thanksgiving day, and I haven't seen anything on ToysRUs yet but they seem to consistently be ahead of everyone else every year (last year I think it was 10).

This has really gotten out of hand. The midnight times were one thing but when buying "stuff" has become the sole reason for Christmas and Thanksgiving we've gone too far. The never ending greed for the almighty dollar has never been more apparent than it has this year. Sure some are just gonna call me a hippy, anti-capitalist but this complete commercialization of the holidays just disappoints me so much.

We all signed up for this when we joined the world of retail. This will only be my second year doing this, but my friends and family understand. I need my job.

wrote the schedule yesterday and it was a headache trying to make everyone happy! Luckily i have quite a few people willing to work an open and close otherwise i would not have nearly enough people! (yes, i'm doing that too!)

So Walmart's ad is online now and apparently they're opening at 8 PM. No wonder they're going on S. Best Buy is midnight, KMart is opening 6 AM on Thanksgiving day, and I haven't seen anything on ToysRUs yet but they seem to consistently be ahead of everyone else every year (last year I think it was 10).

This has really gotten out of hand. The midnight times were one thing but when buying "stuff" has become the sole reason for Christmas and Thanksgiving we've gone too far. The never ending greed for the almighty dollar has never been more apparent than it has this year. Sure some are just gonna call me a hippy, anti-capitalist but this complete commercialization of the holidays just disappoints me so much.

here is a link to wally world's ad:
http://blackfriday.com/

Went into my old store yesterday and a friend told me opening time is 9pm Thanksgiving night and that supposedly the sales items are gonna be a lot better than in past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back