Archived Black pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my TL comes up to me and tells me that my pants have been causing a problem since I wore them once last week for SL breakout, and that they told her to talk to me about it, but she never did. Then she said our ETL-Softlines told her they couldn't tell me anything because it says they are allowed in the handbook (I knew this). Flash forward to today when I wear them again and then she told me that the ETL-Log told her to talk to me about it because they had an issue with a TM wearing shorts which supposedly caused "a bunch of other" Flow TMs to wear shorts.

This whole incident annoyed me because 1. I didn't break any rules 2. When the TL told me that the ETL Log had an issue with me wearing black pants I was caught off guard because I've never spoken four words to that woman and only see her about once a week. 3. The difference between that Flow TM wearing shorts and me wearing black pants is that shorts are not allowed for Flow TMs and black pants are allowed for TMs. 4. It's not as if I've been wearing black pants every shift, at most only twice a week (working 5 days a week).

Any experiences or thoughts with black pants at spot? I'm not going to stop wearing black pants, just because I really like these pants and they're comfortable, but I don't want to seem like I'm wearing them just to irritate the people that have been irritated by it.

Last edited:
My personal opinion...If the handbook says any solid colored (or be it Black) pants, there is no issue. But my still with TGT contacts say their stores are "You Must Wear Red & Khaki".

Shorts...only for Cart Attendants during warmer months. I can probably see Flow shorts during the summer and overnight. Flow with shorts might be some sort of OSHA or safety violation because of their work environment.

But in my experience, don't stir the pot. Just because you are not breaking policy. Sounds like your Leadership is lining up to make your life hell. Slack you on hours, pay extra attention to forgivable mistakes.

Today my TL comes up to me and tells me that my pants have been causing a problem since I wore them once last week for SL breakout, and that they told her to talk to me about it, but she never did. Then she said our ETL-Softlines told her they couldn't tell me anything because it says they are allowed in the handbook (I knew this). Flash forward to today when I wear them again and then she told me that the ETL-Log told her to talk to me about it because they had an issue with a TM wearing shorts which supposedly caused "a bunch of other" Flow TMs to wear shorts.

This whole incident annoyed me because 1. I didn't break any rules 2. When the TL told me that the ETL Log had an issue with me wearing black pants I was caught off guard because I've never spoken four words to that woman and only see her about once a week. 3. The difference between that Flow TM wearing shorts and me wearing black pants is that shorts are not allowed for Flow TMs and black pants are allowed for TMs. 4. It's not as if I've been wearing black pants every shift, at most only twice a week (working 5 days a week).

Any experiences or thoughts with black pants at spot? I'm not going to stop wearing black pants, just because I really like these pants and they're comfortable, but I don't want to seem like I'm wearing them just to irritate the people that have been irritated by it.
Black pants are only for Starbucks. As a sales floor /backroom or whatever center you work it should be red and kaki. Cart attendant and off-site team members can work shorts.

In California and Washington, black pants are not only acceptable there's state law to back you up.
That's why the handbook is worded the way it is, so they avoid breaking any state laws even if you are in a state where they can tell you have to wear khaki.
Some management have a serious problem with employees who know the handbook better than they do.
Nothing like waving a red flag at a bull.

Last edited:
The handbook was updated. Still has "khaki preferred," but also says no lycra (yoga) pants. If you are wearing black knit pants, maybe that is what they are thinking about.

Cooking on the grill, changing out popcorn oil or fryer oil with khakis was hell. I always got grease on them.

You're right, though khaki is sometimes used instead of chino. Sort of like how bandages are called bandaids, despite Band-Aid being a brand of bandages.

The handbook states that you are asked to wear the following:
  • A red top (any shade of red is fine, but not orange, pink or purple).
  • Any solid color pants or skirts (preferably khaki).
You're not allowed to wear shorts*, jeans, tank tops, halter tops, flip flops, open-toed shoes, shoes with thin or damaged soles, lycra pants, or sheer of revealing clothing (e.g., bare midriffs, short miniskirts).

So it doesn't say chinos, just pants with khaki being preferred -- not required.
Though on weekends only, blue jeans with no holes are allowed.

This year, yeah. They may do it next year as well, to reward our hard efforts dealing with their E2E and modernization shitstorm. :p What a reward that would be, eh?

Next year the reward is getting to wear a funny hat.

No next year is we get to wear maroon on weekends

Isn't maroon technically a shade of red? We have several ppl that wear maroon. Also, is it just a ASANTS thing ab it having to be solid red? I've seen other stores wear plaid or stripes, etc.

Isn't maroon technically a shade of red? We have several ppl that wear maroon. Also, is it just a ASANTS thing ab it having to be solid red? I've seen other stores wear plaid or stripes, etc.
Yes it was a joke

In real world coversational English it refers to the material that most khaki colored pants are made out of.

You don’t say I’m putting on my khaki colored pants you say I’m putting on my khakis. Or I want green khakis. If it was just a color that wouldn’t make any sense

This just means you use the word incorrectly.

The corporate handbook says solid color is accepted but store to store they have the authority to change it.. my HR VP told me this. If you are actually confused just communicate with your leaders

Heard of an STL that was know to carry a paint swatch of the exact shade of red their store was to wear. (This of course could be a Target urban legend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back