Archived Black pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a photo of the Dress Code straight from the TM Handbook:
View attachment 5985

It is worrisome that some other Cali stores' HR Teams are saying things like, "no black pants." Nobody on my current HR team would ever dare to say "khaki pants only" during orientation. Target actually has a document that tells all California and Washington store HR Teams that there is to be no retaliation against anybody who chooses not to wear khaki. Leaders and HR must adhere to this no retaliation policy. Target is serious about not wanting to get sued in these two states.

Each store in California is supposed to have a Compliance board/wall in a section that is visible to all employees in the store. There is information about rights, minimum wage, worker's compensation, dress code, etc. For dress code, it is a poster with photos and text that literally says that it is ok to wear any "solid colored pants (preferably khaki)". Any CA store that doesn't have all of that information posted would fail the compliance portion during an HR audit by HQ.

…looking at this I'm wondering why they made such a big deal that a Flow TM wore shorts from 4-8 am because the handbook says they can and the store wasn't open anyway. I knew it said we could wear black, but not that Flow TMs could wear shorts, now I'm convinced that that ETL Log needs to actually know what's in the handbook, I would gladly let her know.

On another note, can a TM wear their black "new and only at" T-shirt on any given day w/o any red shirt or cardigan. It has the Target logo.
No. It is only to be worn during launches.
My store goes with "If Target gave you the shirt, you can wear it on shift any day, regardless of color". I have that shirt, and wear it all the time. Nobody cares.

Here is a photo of the Dress Code straight from the TM Handbook:
View attachment 5985

It is worrisome that some other Cali stores' HR Teams are saying things like, "no black pants." Nobody on my current HR team would ever dare to say "khaki pants only" during orientation. Target actually has a document that tells all California and Washington store HR Teams that there is to be no retaliation against anybody who chooses not to wear khaki. Leaders and HR must adhere to this no retaliation policy. Target is serious about not wanting to get sued in these two states.
I don't know what to tell you. Somebody pointed out that section of the handbook in my last orientation and asked about wearing black pants, and HR said no, that's not acceptable, and you must wear khaki. That may be illegal, but so is half the shit my store pulls.

I don't know what to tell you. Somebody pointed out that section of the handbook in my last orientation and asked about wearing black pants, and HR said no, that's not acceptable, and you must wear khaki. That may be illegal, but so is half the shit my store pulls.

Like I said, someone needs to post the dress code and the Cali laws in the Break Room on a regular basis until they stop that shit.

You can contact the Corporate Compliance and Ethics Team (a.k.a. Integrity Hotline). They even have a website (see below) that you can use to file a report.

Here are the different methods that you can use to reach them as listed in the Team Member Handbook:
Hotline.jpg

I would not call hotline on the black pants. Your mgt won’t like it, because you did not talk about it to them, first. They won’t forget around review time, especially.

We can wear capris any time, and everyone who does is reasonable about it so no one's spoiled that. Some on flow wear shorts before the store opens. And skin tight? Sure, although I've never seen the logic behind wearing skin-tight in a job where a lot of bending is required, and I'd just as soon not see all those rolls and bulges made visible by such tight clothing.

We can wear capris any time, and everyone who does is reasonable about it so no one's spoiled that. Some on flow wear shorts before the store opens. And skin tight? Sure, although I've never seen the logic behind wearing skin-tight in a job where a lot of bending is required, and I'd just as soon not see all those rolls and bulges made visible by such tight clothing.
Sometimes there's no choice. Pants that fit my butt don't fit anywhere else and threaten to fall off when I take a step, and a belt bunches things up to a ridiculous and uncomfortable level (think the elastic cord that tightens the mouth of a bag). Pants that fit everywhere else are going to be super tight in the butt. Apparently clothing manufacturers have decided that fat women are all stomach and flat butt.

At my store we can wear jeans on weekends!! I work in market so I wear an apron and wear any colored shirt because my apron is red and hr tried to say something.

ASANTS but my Target store tries to go hard for the traditional Red and Khaki pants. Although I live in CA and we can technically get away with it, it’s frowned up.

Doesn’t stop TMs from wearing black pants. We can wear jeans on weekends ever since A New Day line launched last year. This is going to last until the end of this year unless we make corporate sales goals according to a team huddle few weeks ago. If we make these goals, we are free to wear jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back