Archived Black pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just means you use the word incorrectly.
My dude did you read the merriam Webster link you posted? The first definition is

a light yellowish-brown cloth made usually of cotton or wool

The cloth is called khaki. I didn’t say the pants are made of khaki. That material is just called khaki.

I bet I could wear a clown suit to my store and no one would bat an eye, boss-wise.

My dude did you read the merriam Webster link you posted? The first definition is

a light yellowish-brown cloth made usually of cotton or wool

The cloth is called khaki. I didn’t say the pants are made of khaki. That material is just called khaki.

It's not because of the material. It's because of the color. Take those same materials, and change the color, they're no longer khakis. Jesus christ, you pedantic fuck.

It's not because of the material. It's because of the color. Take those same materials, and change the color, they're no longer khakis. Jesus christ, you pedantic fuck.
Ok last thing I will say. People in this thread has referred to black khakis and green khakis. Online stores refer to black khakis and green and various other colored khakis.

Yes maybe we’re all using it wrong. That’s why I originally said
In real world coversational English it refers to the material that most khaki colored pants are made out of.
That’s all I have to say. I don’t really care that much, you’re the one who seems to be hung up on the definition being so strict.

Ok last thing I will say. People in this thread has referred to black khakis and green khakis. Online stores refer to black khakis and green and various other colored khakis.

Yes maybe we’re all using it wrong. That’s why I originally said

That’s all I have to say. I don’t really care that much, you’re the one who seems to be hung up on the definition being so strict.

Well, mostly because it's wrong. Anything made out of cotton, isn't khaki. By that logic, I can call your tampons khaki.

Me, coming to work in my white khakis.
StellaYork_6461_01-1-530x845.jpg

Old Navy in my mall is expensive, I paid less for those pants in Target then for the almost same ones at Old Navy

Me, coming to work in my white khakis.
StellaYork_6461_01-1-530x845.jpg
That’s not what I meant and you know it. We all picture a certain type of fabric when we picture khakis. By YOUR definition, beige sweatpants are khakis.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

*i know I said I wasn’t gonna post anymore but what can I say I’m a liar

Last edited:
That’s not what I meant and you know it. We all picture a certain type of fabric when we picture khakis. By YOUR definition, beige sweatpants are khakis.

*i know I said I wasn’t gonna post anymore but what can I say I’m a liar

By my definition, they're "khaki colored sweatpants."

"Black khakis." THEY'RE CALLED PANTS! Ask softlines for black khakis, and see how easy that goes. Jeans, slacks, leggings, but the style of "khaki" is literally defined by color.

The handbook was updated. Still has "khaki preferred," but also says no lycra (yoga) pants. If you are wearing black knit pants, maybe that is what they are thinking about.
They are black dress pants, like what someone would wear to an office job, these are less revealing than the khakis I wear and more comfortable and that's why I prefer them.

I haven't seen the same style available in khaki, at least not in stores.

I'm kinda salty I started my period this past month on a weekday whilst wearing some of my favourite khakis. I was wearing nice dark jeans for the weekend, but nope. Monday = :mad:.

They are black dress pants, like what someone would wear to an office job, these are less revealing than the khakis I wear and more comfortable and that's why I prefer them.

I haven't seen the same style available in khaki, at least not in stores.
Show the handbook to the ETL. If they still insist on khaki, you will probably have to go with that.

In California and Washington, black pants are not only acceptable there's state law to back you up.
That's why the handbook is worded the way it is, so they avoid breaking any state laws even if you are in a state where they can tell you have to wear khaki.
Some management have a serious problem with employees who know the handbook better than they do.
Nothing like waving a red flag at a bull.
I've worked in multiple California stores. It's been made very clear that the handbook is irrelevant and you will wear khaki in all of them.

I've worked in multiple California stores. It's been made very clear that the handbook is irrelevant and you will wear khaki in all of them.

"California law allows employers to require employees to wear particular types of clothing or uniforms to work. If an employer requires non-exempt employees to wear a uniform, the employer must pay for and maintain it for the employee.
According to the California Labor Commissioner, the term “uniform” includes any apparel and/or accessories of distinctive design or color. An employer may prescribe the weight, color, quality, texture, style, form, and make of a “uniform” required to be worn by employees. When an employer simply requires employees to wear “basic wardrobe items which are usual and generally usable in the occupation,” the clothing is not a uniform. For example, specifying that employees wear white shirts, dark pants, and black shoes and belts, all of unspecified design, does not constitute a “uniform.” But if a specific color is required then then the employer is required to pay for the uniform."

They can tell you all they want.
They are wrong.

"California law allows employers to require employees to wear particular types of clothing or uniforms to work. If an employer requires non-exempt employees to wear a uniform, the employer must pay for and maintain it for the employee.
According to the California Labor Commissioner, the term “uniform” includes any apparel and/or accessories of distinctive design or color. An employer may prescribe the weight, color, quality, texture, style, form, and make of a “uniform” required to be worn by employees. When an employer simply requires employees to wear “basic wardrobe items which are usual and generally usable in the occupation,” the clothing is not a uniform. For example, specifying that employees wear white shirts, dark pants, and black shoes and belts, all of unspecified design, does not constitute a “uniform.” But if a specific color is required then then the employer is required to pay for the uniform."

They can tell you all they want.
They are wrong.
Yea, well, California also says we can't drop pallets of merchandise in front of fire exits or stand on flat carts, but guess what we do on a daily basis? HR flat out says in orientation that no, you can't wear black pants, and unless you think the state DoL is going to waste time on this, that's the standard as it exists.

Yea, well, California also says we can't drop pallets of merchandise in front of fire exits or stand on flat carts, but guess what we do on a daily basis? HR flat out says in orientation that no, you can't wear black pants, and unless you think the state DoL is going to waste time on this, that's the standard as it exists.

You can call the fire inspector on them for dropping pallets in front of the fire doors (there are TMs who have).

If someone was to tape the case law up in the break room over and over again, I suspect HR would have to shut the hell up.
In Washington it has been brought to the state DoL and the employees won.

Wear whatever you want. Carry a photocopy of the handbook page with you. Heck I might would buy more black pants, so i could wear them every day. Get a "red" shirt that just barely counts as red a your productivity should quickly rise, because guests won't know if you work there or not, so won't interrupt you.

If you want to sell more merchandise, wear red and khaki. If you want to avoid guests wear maroon and black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back