Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
12239536_937884386285311_135239381802800523_n.jpg

Ooops, that does look like a mistake. I am sure I will get people coming up to guest service with a screen shot demanding the tv for that price.

Omg, I do not want to experience another BF adset like today (or any adset like this one) ever again. We had trouble with not having enough sign holders in the past months despite the fact we have been ordering it for months. Except for softlines which might be why they're having a hard time today not having anymore than what was given to them until hardlines are done with their setup.

Home from a surprisingly quiet Thanksgiving evening. LOD said we beat last year's sales but you wouldn't know it to watch the activity. We had a 10 minute rush and then everything settled down to where it just felt like a busy shift, but nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know whether it's unique to our area but we were warned that people were possibly going to show up with coupons that said 50% off of your entire Target purchase. They're fake but I guess the word was out to anticipate them. I never talked to anybody on the lanes so don't know whether anybody actually tried to use one. When I left there were still a lot of TVs left on the floor. Nothing for $39, though. I wonder if Target.com will have to honor that price since that's how they advertised it.

Yeah, surprisingly all was well on Turkey day. 90% of the time I had spare cashiers. I'm sure that'll be a whole different ball game today, though.

To me, didn't seem much busier than a Sunday. We need to stop copying other retailers and just open at midnight Friday next year or open slightly later Thursday, like 8 or 10.

To me, didn't seem much busier than a Sunday. We need to stop copying other retailers and just open at midnight Friday next year or open slightly later Thursday, like 8 or 10.

I was shocked that I saw we were only open til 5PM xmas eve this year when I looked at the window sticker when I came in last night. Last year I thought we were open til 10PM xmas eve. Maybe Black Friday will change too next year

I was shocked that I saw we were only open til 5PM xmas eve this year when I looked at the window sticker when I came in last night. Last year I thought we were open til 10PM xmas eve. Maybe Black Friday will change too next year

Closing at 5 on Xmas eve sounds awesome.

Unfortunately, I think the Thanksgiving hours creep is going to continue to move up. They simply can't come up with their own plans instead of imulating Walmart. Wouldn't be shocked if we're open all day Thanksgiving in 2 to 3 years.

Meh. Anyone else have a slow one? I feel like my store was only half as busy as we were last year. I know we didn't make our goals for redcards or sales by midnight. Long ass night...but it was like any other day by 3am.

Much busier than a Sunday?

Wednesday we did $150,000 in sales. Yesterday in 6 hours we did roughly $350,000.

That sounds much busier than a Sunday.

I'd be surprised if your store didn't do double it typical Sunday sales. Which isn't just double its usual business, since that's double in 6 ours what you'd usually do in 14-15, thus 4+ times busier.

Last edited:
I heard over the walkie 100 calls for help in electronics in the morning after the "lull", then remembered i'm doing 28 hours of pulls, which i was taken off doing endcaps to do so i figured they can handle it themselves. Walked out to grab carts saw 3 etls doing electronics as the back up.

Wednesday we did $150,000 in sales. Yesterday in 6 hours we did roughly $350,000.

I'd be surprised if your store didn't do double it typical Sunday sales. Which isn't just double its usual business, since that's double in 6 ours what you'd usually do in 14-15, thus 4+ times busier.

I think there aren't many people but the people that come for Black Friday spend bigger money. Typical Sunday is heavy foot traffic, but they're buying regular degular shit. Black Friday people are all buying like multiple tvs, streaming boxes/sticks to go along with them, iPads, iPods, consoles, phones, etc.

From the Electronics side of things it was crazy, I had to lend 3 cashiers to Electronics to help out and we were still fine up front with those three gone.

Sher explained what I meant better.

Also, the sales thing in the PDA says my store did $211k yesterday and $332k today so far. I guess "today" counts everything from midnight to right now and "yesterday" counts 6PM to midnight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back