Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out Starbucks TMs just got their hours. The mid shift is starting at 5:30, so figure the opener comes in at around 2:30 or 3 to prep, and it'll be open by 4.

But that's just the Starbucks. Won't know actual hours for the whole store yet, but it's a clue.
It's all a guess right now.

No one at the store or even district level knows what time we are really opening, yet. My store has started to write a schedule for it but the times are all tentative. Meaning you may be told 4 pm right now, but if we open at 2pm your schedule would be pushed back to that time.

Nothing is concrete and people shouldn't assume it is.

It's all a guess right now.

No one at the store or even district level knows what time we are really opening, yet. My store has started to write a schedule for it but the times are all tentative. Meaning you may be told 4 pm right now, but if we open at 2pm your schedule would be pushed back to that time.

Nothing is concrete and people shouldn't assume it is.

Right. The STORE isn't set, but Starbucks has been through their DISTRICT managers. Our ETL in charge of them didn't even have a say in setting the schedule. She was sent the schedule by Starbucks management and told to pick who was working those hours, but those ARE the hours for them.

At my store we hire the town police to provide extra security do to the lines. A former coworker left spot for a job with them he said they will be arriving at the store at 3. In the past years that we've used them they arrive 2 hour before open

Right. The STORE isn't set, but Starbucks has been through their DISTRICT managers. Our ETL in charge of them didn't even have a say in setting the schedule. She was sent the schedule by Starbucks management and told to pick who was working those hours, but those ARE the hours for them.
Well I want to know 1) how the Starbucks DM found out and 2) why they thought it was ok to leak the info (unless they're just guessing). Also, since when does the DM have any say in the scheduling?

Well I want to know 1) how the Starbucks DM found out and 2) why they thought it was ok to leak the info (unless they're just guessing). Also, since when does the DM have any say in the scheduling?

From what the ETL told me about it, the Starbucks peeps are trying to get everyone on the same page so they can make announcements to their circle about when the Starbucks will be open on those days. Apparently there's a lot of discrepancy right now between the different Starbucks locations within Targets, and they open at different times, so district is getting everyone on the same holiday schedule.

From what the ETL told me about it, the Starbucks peeps are trying to get everyone on the same page so they can make announcements to their circle about when the Starbucks will be open on those days. Apparently there's a lot of discrepancy right now between the different Starbucks locations within Targets, and they open at different times, so district is getting everyone on the same holiday schedule.
Wait, did you just say that Target Starbucks open at different times in your district?

Wait, did you just say that Target Starbucks open at different times in your district?

Yeah, it's weird. Like, the store a few towns over closes well before ours does, and a different store only has their Starbucks open from like 11-6, or something like that. No one knows why they do it.

EDIT - On the topic of Black Friday and 4th Quarter in general, is it just me or is there a surprising lack of seasonal TM's this year? We've only had one so far.

Our JAS list only shows seasonal flow positions. We're still trying to hire regulars for other workcenters.

I asked our HR ETL and she's been scheduling for 6. I'm openly candid with the execs in my store and even my STL hasn't heard a damn thing. Our flow of info had stopped ever since our DTL up and quit 6 months ago so who knows who knows what right now.

Where I work now, I am off Thanksgiving and the way my monthly rotation schedule works I think I will also be off on black Friday. I get Paid for thanksgiving and also get 4 holidays hours to use when I want. I wont miss going in Thanksgiving afternoon. do a few hours then come back doing a split shift.

I lucked out this year and am on maternity leave for Black Thursday. My STL keeps threatening to take me off LOA for Black Thursday and put me back on. In a way I'm gunna miss it but I am also gunna be glad I can go out of town and visit family. Go luck everyone.

Our DTL was in our store today and one of our GSTLS asked him when the hours would be posted he said next week on wed or thurs. still banking on the 4 pm open

Our DTL was in our store today and one of our GSTLS asked him when the hours would be posted he said next week on wed or thurs. still banking on the 4 pm open
Everything I've seen points to the info coming on Monday in the Black Friday planning guide part 2. Pretty much all we need to know that wasn't in part 1 is what the "deals" will be and what time we will open.

Two quick questions:
1: Is Target opened on Thanksgiving?
&
2: Being a minor is there a restriction on the time I am allowed to be scheduled in the morning? (Similar to how I can only work to 9:45, is there a rule like that for mornings?)

I find it laughable how Target is so sneaky and vague about the hours for Black Friday.

I mean come on, we know why you do it. You want to hold out as long as you can so people can't bullshit and get out of Black Friday.

Just have the stupid store open regular hours on Thanksgiving.
It's because they haven't decided. They wait until Walmart announces their hours, then copy them.
They won't finalize the schedule til the MONDAY after its due to be posted.

Last edited:
I interviewed last week for seasonal and have orientation tomorrow. During the interview they asked availability for specific dates, including Thanksgiving. I was asked if I was available starting at 6 PM on Thanksgiving. Maybe they were asking that simply because that was the time from last year, I'm not sure. Just FYI...

It's because they haven't decided. They wait until Walmart announces their hours, then copy them.
They won't finalize the schedule til the MONDAY after its due to be posted.

Yep..I have been telling EVERYONE that is wondering about Black Friday at my store to just keep an eye out on Walmart and either atthat time or an hour or two later

Two quick questions:
1: Is Target opened on Thanksgiving?
&
2: Being a minor is there a restriction on the time I am allowed to be scheduled in the morning? (Similar to how I can only work to 9:45, is there a rule like that for mornings?)

I was a minor last year. Last year, we opened at 6PM on Thanksgiving day, and I was only allowed to work until 9:45 like normal. Then I had a shift earlier the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back