Archived Black Thursday/Friday 2016 War Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best is 'be your own business owners but don't but pallets of this or that out' i have a million our generation horses and crap. Shelf holds 2 with it being in only 2 locations so total of 4 can fit out. my 'business' side says get on a pallet in girls!
Told my etl that sales would cure any potential scolding if dtl dropped by.

Did they arrive after they were toy of the day? We got wiped out on those

The best is 'be your own business owners but don't but pallets of this or that out' i have a million our generation horses and crap. Shelf holds 2 with it being in only 2 locations so total of 4 can fit out. my 'business' side says get on a pallet in girls!
Told my etl that sales would cure any potential scolding if dtl dropped by.
Make a single price point endcap. They want those everywhere now. That's what I did with those horses. All gone from Saturdays 30% off. I'm a little worried about the amount of product we have. Not nearly as much as I thought we would have for such a big weekend coming up.

Im almost positive Thurs/Friday here is gonna be never ending as a cashier, especially since we only have one size bag here and most people dont want to pay the 10 cents for them which makes bagging takes like twice as long. :(

One year a man TRIED to cut in line and come in the exit door that I was told to keep locked unless I was letting people out. I told him "get in line"

We're one of the highest volume stores in the state (!)

We always have good coverage, which is nice, but it still gets crazy. We're not allowed to park in the garage at all. We are told to either get rides, or park half a mile away and walk. Guests first! :rolleyes: I'm getting a ride for both my Friday shifts.

We always have good coverage, which is nice, but it still gets crazy. We're not allowed to park in the garage at all. We are told to either get rides, or park half a mile away and walk. Guests first! :rolleyes: I'm getting a ride for both my Friday shifts.

Park 10 minutes away and walk? Thats hilarious, they would get a punch correction from me.

We're not allowed to park in the garage at all. We are told to either get rides, or park half a mile away and walk. Guests first! :rolleyes: I'm getting a ride for both my Friday shifts.
That's bullshit. At my grocery store, we have to park across the street, but they also provide a free shuttle ride.

At Target, we're just told to park in the overflow lot, which starts about 30 feet from the edge of the regular parking lot.

There is nowhere to put shit at the DC. Warehousing and outbound cannot keep up with the amount of product we are receiving. It's impressive to see.

No containers and half our backroom is backstock along with most of the vehicles.. Going to be fun times trying to unload a truck with nothing to put the shit on to push it out.

Was no containers a corp thing or just my STL being a stingy bitch?

Can they legally tell you not to park in the garage?

They are using the "make them uncomfortable or threaten to tow cars so they won't notice it isn't really legal to do."

I know one mall in my hometown does this but provides a shuttle to the actual mall. But if you don't provide me with transport either to work or from a remote parking lot with security you bet your ass I am parking in the structure. I leave for the night at 2am, I am not walking alone in my stores neighborhood as a woman.. That would be fucking stupid.

Anyone know what the pay rate is for Black Friday morning.

I know between midnight and 8 am is an extra $1 per hour. But the page posted said if you work 3 or more hours before 8 am is over night differential.

What is the over night differential?

What is the pay rate for midnight to 8 am?

I know between midnight and 8 am is an extra $1 per hour. But the page posted said if you work 3 or more hours before 8 am is over night differential.

The night shift differential is an extra dollar per hour.

There is nowhere to put shit at the DC. Warehousing and outbound cannot keep up with the amount of product we are receiving. It's impressive to see.
I don't think I'd call that impressive...worrying maybe.

You will get two dollars extra. One for Black Friday morning and one for working overnight

Impressive? No.
Scary as hell? Yeh, maybe.
Mr. smashandthrash isn't joking. This past week at my building, we've experienced both our largest basic label drop (daily accumulator label dump) and largest priority drop (daily label drop for ad items, endcaps, researched outs, seasonal items and constantly-selling freight) ever. Both were over 20k labels larger than our previous records. I feel some of the priority drop increase deals with a recent switch-over in how we process transition/mini-seasonal items, but not nearly enough to account for this large of a discrepancy. Either the powers that be are trying to keep the stores extra well stocked, or we're in for one helluva Q4. Buckle up kiddos.

How would they know and what can they do to enforce it?

Yes LOD, you can be annoyed with me for not going all the way to sporting goods to make sure we do for certain carry the air mattress the guest wanted, instead of just relying on the oft erronious MyDevice. But when you're as busy as I am, going all the way over there costs me two callbox compliance violations and six annoyed guests. If you want me not cutting corners, than put a second person for coverage in the busiest part of your store, instead of getting mad because I failed an impossible job.

TLDR: LOD doesnt realize I'm guest servicing six people at a time, shame on me for not bringing my clone in with me to work today.

cameras, but it truly sounds like empty threats anyway. I'd post a pic of the flyer they posted in the break room but it may reveal me if anyone from my store uses this site. :/
We use to have that but nothing mentioned this year. So I hope we get that deal and it's not by store. Because this is target and every store pays different So since no table talker I doubt we get anything per hour but shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back