Archived blue side... green side... whaaaat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard these terms a few times on the forums (such as blue side checklanes), and I'm just curious what they mean. Are they terms only used in particularly big stores?

I don't know about blue side but in many of the older store different sections are painted different colors (groceries - green, home decor - blue, ).
Even though our store has been remodeled and painted all red many of us still refer to blue world, red world, and green world.

Super Target: green side groceries/hard lines. Blueside soft lines, electronics etc. blue side door and overhead signs are blue, green side, free. Get it?

Also, former greatland stores (non-superT stores with two entrances) have blue doors and green doors. Greenworld is pharmacy, food ave, hba, ppc, market, pfresh, seasonal and domestics. Blueworld is guest service, photo, see spot save, electronics/mmb, stat, sport, office, small app, home decor, furniture, toys and automotive. This might vary on a store-to-store basis, but generally you'll have 1 HLTL in blue and 1 in green, as well as your CTL supporting the pfresh/market side of green.

We were a P01 store, renovated in 2007/2008. All walls are now red, except for the entrances with still keep the green/blue paint.

Super Target: green side groceries/hard lines. Blueside soft lines, electronics etc. blue side door and overhead signs are blue, green side, free. Get it?

Yeah same thing at our store groceries are green side blue side is where the electronics entrance

There is that store with the Colorado Lanes. I wonder if that one has different colors in it.

In my store, which is a SuperTarget, sporting goods, toys and domestics run along the backside of the store and we sometimes call it red side.

Red side was Domestics, toys & seasonal back in the old days before my remodel first time.

Last edited:
I have green/blue for hardlines, and the middle of the store is all softlines.

All worlds, you have reshop at guest service = blue/green/softlines

I love my solid red store <3

We just stick to A block, B block, etc.

To the best of my knowledge I think newer stores have abandon the color coded areas. All I see now is red signing. The color codes look very outdated imo.

To the best of my knowledge I think newer stores have abandon the color coded areas. All I see now is red signing. The color codes look very outdated imo.

Yeah, they seem to be going for that "Sea of Red" effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back