Archived Brickseek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today while pushing toys I had a guest come up asking for a certain toy. They said there weren't any on the shelf but their 'phone' said we had two. I look at the screen and they had the brickseek website pulled up which says we have two apparently. I find the case on the pallet of toys I'm pushing off of and sure enough there are two. I'm wondering how exactly this site knows what we've got on stock. I've heard from my team lead that guests call asking about game consoles (and Hatchimal last year) that we haven't even offloaded from the truck yet but yet they know we have them. Seems like their inventory system is something they would not allow other companies to access. Anyone know exactly how this works?

I had never heard of it before. I just pulled up the website and I get a big splash screen that specifically says that inventory within Brickseek may be inaccurate. It also says that retailers will not pricematch based on BS and that users are not supposed to reference BS. Which makes me really leery of what this site actually is.

That said, I suspect that they're scouring our public website inventory info, which, as we know, is suspect on its own.

I had never heard of it before. I just pulled up the website and I get a big splash screen that specifically says that inventory within Brickseek may be inaccurate. It also says that retailers will not pricematch based on BS and that users are not supposed to reference BS. Which makes me really leery of what this site actually is.

That said, I suspect that they're scouring our public website inventory info, which, as we know, is suspect on its own.

Does target.com provide a count of how many items we have or just if we have it or not? The guest today said we should have two, brickseek said 2, and there was just a case of two on the pallet from the truck. Tead lead said the same thing happened last year: guests calling at 4am - is it true you got 2 Hatchimal last night?

There is a way to get to the actual store website through Brickseek. There's also a "check inventory" directly on brickseek that based on my limited searches is not accurate and also lists vastly incorrect prices. Hatchimals for $25? I don't think so!!!

What chaps my ass more is when a pest says "they said you had ***" or "the other store". First off, who is "they", next, other stores shouldn't blindly send guests on a hunt for absent treasure.

What chaps my ass more is when a pest says "they said you had ***" or "the other store". First off, who is "they", next, other stores shouldn't blindly send guests on a hunt for absent treasure.
That's when I radio the operator: "did you get a call from XYZ store"
sometimes the answer is yes (if so, track down the tm who said we did have it) if the answer is no which it usually is...
"oh i'm really sorry but we haven't gotten a call from that store. i don't know who you talked to and i'm super sorry they said they called us but we don't have the item."
they'll sigh and roll their eyes at you and probably say something nasty and then walk away

I've used Brickseek as a couponer. It's not always accurate but it is a tool I've used to see if there's a chance a store has an item. If it's already out on there I won't waste my time. If it's on there at my closest store then I'll go look. If it's at a farther away store then I'll call ahead or do instore pickup.

I use brickseek often...but never would I refer to it when talking to someone at a store. It's just a tool to use when checking to see if a store has something, not a completely accurate database as others have pointed out.

I've had people tell me to look in the electronics security cage for stuff because Brickseek. Like, oddly specific about it's EXACT LOCATION in my store.

I had to tell him that stuff in the cage wasn't properly checked in yet and the receiver already went home.

I had to tell another guy that sometimes Target merges DPCIs when items don't sell well or are too similar, so that really rare Funko Pop comes in an assortment package with the others and might not be there at all.

I should really start denting packages again like I used to with Hot Wheels.

I'd like to see Target feed garbage data to brickseek's servers personally. Tired of dealing with the hot wheels and funko pop weirdos.
Same. I am so f'ing sick of stupid collectors coming in asking for those dumb chase funko pops. And they're rude as all hell about it. I wish punching guests in the face wouldn't get me fired or arrested lol.

I don't think I've even ever seen any on our floor, I think they all go straight to FF orders.

They're so stupid, honestly. I've watched videos on them and they don't do anything. Same with those big LOL Surprise doll things.

I had a guest try to price match to Brickseek. She was also a coupon scamming reseller, who tried to get us to price match to a Lowe's in Florida.

I've been told we aren't allowed to put those on the floor anymore. We have to keep them at the boat and it's limit 2.
Every time we get them in now, they go straight to SFS orders. I've picked them off the toys pallet before he unload is even finished.

It's definitely reminiscent of Hatchimals this time last year...

Every time a guest tells me what we are getting in, have coming in, etc... I mention a few things to "inform them".
1) The Brickseek site is not always accurate and nor is the Target app stock. (it can take awhile for the system to correct the number)
2) Even if they are in the back and being pushed to the floor shortly, I can not go back and look for it. As far as the guest is concerned, we have none unstuck until out on the floor.
3) If it says 'quantities limited', call ahead and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back