Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 40 hours on the new schedule. It's 5 days in a row from Tuesday to Saturday but I doubt I'll be off on the following Sunday, so at least 6 days. I'm gonna put in for a vacation for my mental health when I go in tomorrow. I feel like I'm never not in Target.

I really dislike Mytime. I requested for vacation a week ago and it got denied. I asked my EHR what happened and he said I am certain many people asked off and I denied you. I felt like saying oh,really?? We get cut on hours but you can't give me 4 days off for vacation?? Really?? I know it really doesn't have anything to do with Mytime but we are down hrs and cutting them left and right and EHR can't approve 4 days?? Either I call in or Swap...... So annoying.

The ETL's tell me in order to retain your hours before the MyTime change, you should put open availability so you can be utilized to the max available or you will lose hours. Being a Starbucks TM and only 5 (in the store) are certified, will departments such as this be effected much? Unless someone requests a day off, our hours/times are consistent every week. Mine is set for opening because Im limited availability and has been for 7 years without a problem. Our TL only works 3 days in the department, therefore, Ive been AST certified to handle any training that is needed. Its not like anyone in the store can work this department, you have to be certified. There are a few Starbucks TM worried they will not be needed in their realm of availability and be either out the hours or used on the front lanes.
We launched mytime last year and it was all a lie. They said that tms would be scheduled in different work centers and availability needs to be open. Etls gave complete control over the schedules. They still plug in who what where every week. The only thing that mytime changed was getting everyone to open their availability and when people complain about hours etls or tls can say that's the way mytime has it sorry

Our DTL is asking us to "trust the system." If stores within our district make "too many" edits to the myTime schedule, we have to explain why. Not sure what constitutes "too many" though.

Are there any HR TMs here that have gone through the myTime rollout process and have tips or suggestions?
There is absolutely no consequences for editing schedules and forecasting them the way they want. As long as they forecast the hours to not exceed payroll there is no "too many" the only stipulated is that for us no more than 3 and a tl can work before 4am

I had a feeling they have more control than they let on. Im not so much worried about the hours, although, I would like to retain 25-28 but it was more the shifts I need due to kids school schedules/sports. I keep hearing that "edits" can be made. All retailers want open availablity...all of them do. So, it was no surprise that they asked.

When we first ruled it out as a pilot we had to let it ride for two weeks and it was the worst thing possible. No backroom closer. 14 flow team members on some days. No one scheduled in electronics till one. No tps till 4. So they gave us free will to schedule as we see fit

Our store is already a mess. With Global now with a new contract, departments are having to do more "tasks" than workload or guest service. Seems we are doing nothing but cleaning up from others instead of opening our departments in the am. Im lucky that I receive a SBTM at 9am right now but have a feeling it will drastically decrease in what MyTime sees fit. Our store is changing hours to reflect all the others...going to 11pm. The closer,now, has a hard time just shutting the department...give them another hour without additional help and Im back to cleaning from the night before. I hope SBux/FA stays close to the same.

The ETL's tell me in order to retain your hours before the MyTime change, you should put open availability so you can be utilized to the max available or you will lose hours. Being a Starbucks TM and only 5 (in the store) are certified, will departments such as this be effected much? Unless someone requests a day off, our hours/times are consistent every week. Mine is set for opening because Im limited availability and has been for 7 years without a problem. Our TL only works 3 days in the department, therefore, Ive been AST certified to handle any training that is needed. Its not like anyone in the store can work this department, you have to be certified. There are a few Starbucks TM worried they will not be needed in their realm of availability and be either out the hours or used on the front lanes.
We launched mytime last year and it was all a lie. They said that tms would be scheduled in different work centers and availability needs to be open. Etls gave complete control over the schedules. They still plug in who what where every week. The only thing that mytime changed was getting everyone to open their availability and when people complain about hours etls or tls can say that's the way mytime has it sorry

This. They let it ride for about two weeks at my store...meh...maybe three. Then after that it was business as usual. And the favortism came right back, making it incredibly clear it is being all done by hand again. In fact, the favortism got so bad I had to sit down with my GSTL, ETL, ETL-HR and put a bug in my STL's ear about how bad it was. And it took them a month, but they finally rigged it so I'm not getting all the shit shifts any more (and am now getting every other weekend off).

So we'll see.

I have 40 hours on the new schedule. It's 5 days in a row from Tuesday to Saturday but I doubt I'll be off on the following Sunday, so at least 6 days. I'm gonna put in for a vacation for my mental health when I go in tomorrow. I feel like I'm never not in Target.

I have the exact same schedule!

I just got off a stint of nine days in a row...including 6 closing shifts in a row. When your schedule gets that bad, then they start apologizing and jump to change it (I wouldn't let them).

If I am not mistaken ( or at least at my store) when max rolled out they said the same thing...Oh trust the system....it works...we cant do but so many edits or we get a call from the dtl etc etc...well that didn't last. So, hopefully this wont either. I still have a feeling its spots way of lowering average hours for lots , of team members....so they don't have to offer medical coverage.

Same thing here; everyone was told to 'open their avail' if they wanted their hrs but it's back to the same ol' except for those suckered into opening their avail.

I miss Kronos.

Is anyone else's store hiring a ton of people since my time came out? We are getting no hours yet for some reason they are hiren likes its Christmas already.
I have noticed one salesfloor and a couple flow team members....which does seem odd since they have cut our hours like you stated

Same thing here; everyone was told to 'open their avail' if they wanted their hrs but it's back to the same ol' except for those suckered into opening their avail.

I miss Kronos.
I think mytime actually belongs to kronos

Is anyone else's store hiring a ton of people since my time came out? We are getting no hours yet for some reason they are hiren likes its Christmas already.

We hired a whole bunch of people because myTime told us to. Now those people are slowly weeding themselves out and are mostly not being replaced.

Yes!! Interviews right and left last week. I cant see the new way of scheduling not staying for our department long. At least for Starbucks, its not just a department you can throw anyone in. We have 3 trainers and 2 AST's (including myself). Out Senior Team Lead is only in the department 2-3 days and we (AST's) cover the rest, ie ordering, putting away the order, pastry order, inventory. MyTime decides I dont need the hours (or it doesn't need me) well then, good luck to you all. Im not going to be used as they wish...a few hours in Sbux and possibly Front Lanes. Nope!

They are hiring another pricing tm we already have 4. Same with plano and they already have 6 and on this and next weeks they average 20 hours some less. It's nuts.

We hired a sh*t ton of people. And that was one of the points I brought up when I was in tears in the ETL's office over my 19 and 12 hour weeks. "If you can't give the people that have been here hours, why hire all these new ones" And I got that same tired answer " they have open availability" Seriously, one day last week when I was leaving after one of my 4 hour shifts, there were... no exaggeration... FIVE newbies at TSC ready to head out for cashier training. FIVE!!! Sad thing is.. one of my coworkers is now being scheduled like I was, and when she said something, they gave her the availability speech. She HAS open availability. Then I hear most of the newbies are only seasonal for summer and will be let go when the college kids come back. So messed up. I really miss the days when retail was the perfect job for moms looking to work while the kiddos were in school, and students looking to work nights and weekends. And the hours you got were based on YOUR performance, and seniority. If you sucked at your job, they started to phase you out and give someone else some of your hours. If you'd been there for 6 months, you had your schedule set, before hours were given to a new hire. I would have understood that with hour cuts, if the woman who's been a cashier for 8 years, got her preferred days/hours before I got mine. That was actually something I had worried about on this thread I believe. But at least then it would make more sense. Loyalty given to the loyal. You earn your place by performance. Before Spot, my last retail job was about 10 years ago (yeah things change apparently) But I had a set schedule of Mon-Fri 9am-3pm. And we never had to hound people to sign up for credit cards, smart phone apps, surveys etc.

I get that people need hours. Stores should be cross training and utilizing the people you already have. But if myTime wants 12 cashiers at one time, and everyone in your store is already being utilized elsewhere, then your store should be hiring.

With guest driven scheduling we are having to change the way we think about our business. If we are busiest from 3-7, then that's when we need a sales force and cashiers. If that means trying out moving process teams to later in the day to either be there during that shift or working later than normal so that sales floor tms can work later, then we have to try it. Otherwise we end up hiring and everyone's hours get reduced, but we have more team members to drive sales and service in the store during our busiest hours. myTime isn't going anywhere, so store leadership and team members need to get on board and start working with the system. Hiring should really be a last resort after we are utilizing all of the team members we already have. If a team member has fully open availability and is willing and able to cross train then we should be working them into the schedule where the hours are. That may mean sales floor picking up cashier shifts, price change working on POG, flow scheduled for cashier on non-truck days, etc.

Target is changing. Retail is changing. Store leadership needs to get on board and start thinking strategically. Team members need to understand that Target is constantly evolving and things are not going back to the way they were in the foreseeable future. How we were running stores doesn't work like it used to. We have to adapt. Call me a kool-aid drinking if you must, but this is reality.

I get that people need hours. Stores should be cross training and utilizing the people you already have. But if myTime wants 12 cashiers at one time, and everyone in your store is already being utilized elsewhere, then your store should be hiring.

With guest driven scheduling we are having to change the way we think about our business. If we are busiest from 3-7, then that's when we need a sales force and cashiers. If that means trying out moving process teams to later in the day to either be there during that shift or working later than normal so that sales floor tms can work later, then we have to try it. Otherwise we end up hiring and everyone's hours get reduced, but we have more team members to drive sales and service in the store during our busiest hours. myTime isn't going anywhere, so store leadership and team members need to get on board and start working with the system. Hiring should really be a last resort after we are utilizing all of the team members we already have. If a team member has fully open availability and is willing and able to cross train then we should be working them into the schedule where the hours are. That may mean sales floor picking up cashier shifts, price change working on POG, flow scheduled for cashier on non-truck days, etc.

Target is changing. Retail is changing. Store leadership needs to get on board and start thinking strategically. Team members need to understand that Target is constantly evolving and things are not going back to the way they were in the foreseeable future. How we were running stores doesn't work like it used to. We have to adapt. Call me a kool-aid drinking if you must, but this is reality.

That is also a good point and one I won't argue with. I fully understand that my biggest obstacle was my availability, or lack of. BUT, they knew that when they hired me. As well as that I needed to keep a certain average in hours to keep my childcare. Had they told me then, what they started telling me when things started to go bad, I never would have accepted the offer and would have kept looking until I found a better fit for my situation. And I was asking EVERY ETL, HR, anyone I could think of about cross training. I told them many times that I didn't care if they had me in HL one day, FR one day, GS another day. My exact words were "I'm willing to learn the entire store and work wherever needed if it gets me enough hours to survive" I was iffy about Sbux because I don't understand the language lol, but I told them I'd be willing to try it out. Food Ave. Anything. So many people said how much they hated softlines, and I was saying.. I'll do it!!! But sadly instead of giving a "valued" TM a chance, I've just seen countless newbies come and go in those same depts. However corporate is going to run things, they should be more honest with the new hires, or not hire ones with limits.

I am cross trained in at least 9 areas of the store and have open avalibilty still get about 25 hours. Yet someone who will only work in two work centers. Will only work Monday thru Friday and will not ring gets 30 to 40 and if she sees I have even close to her hours runs to the tl who happens to be her bff. So not all this is my time.

We hired a sh*t ton of people. And that was one of the points I brought up when I was in tears in the ETL's office over my 19 and 12 hour weeks. "If you can't give the people that have been here hours, why hire all these new ones" And I got that same tired answer " they have open availability" Seriously, one day last week when I was leaving after one of my 4 hour shifts, there were... no exaggeration... FIVE newbies at TSC ready to head out for cashier training. FIVE!!! Sad thing is.. one of my coworkers is now being scheduled like I was, and when she said something, they gave her the availability speech. She HAS open availability. Then I hear most of the newbies are only seasonal for summer and will be let go when the college kids come back. So messed up. I really miss the days when retail was the perfect job for moms looking to work while the kiddos were in school, and students looking to work nights and weekends. And the hours you got were based on YOUR performance, and seniority. If you sucked at your job, they started to phase you out and give someone else some of your hours. If you'd been there for 6 months, you had your schedule set, before hours were given to a new hire. I would have understood that with hour cuts, if the woman who's been a cashier for 8 years, got her preferred days/hours before I got mine. That was actually something I had worried about on this thread I believe. But at least then it would make more sense. Loyalty given to the loyal. You earn your place by performance. Before Spot, my last retail job was about 10 years ago (yeah things change apparently) But I had a set schedule of Mon-Fri 9am-3pm. And we never had to hound people to sign up for credit cards, smart phone apps, surveys etc.
^^This is my life right here!^^ I spoke with my ETL about this very thing today. Going on 8 years, working while the kids are in school but being SO loyal to my department and store. Getting top reviews, years after year, kudos from STL, ETL-HR and even their bosses. Im in Sbux, completed their AST training (knowing no raise) and doing a lot of the TL's duties as he's LOD on 2-3 days a week. I am not open in my availability and they knew it when I was hired but we always worked together and the dept ran without many hiccups. But...now that the 3 trainers (who aren't open availability) are going to be left with less hours, who will pick up the slack? My ETL said that the TL will have to get the others trained! Wtf? Really? No loyalty there.

I work in HR. One of the big beefs I have with my time is that it only schedules people in their primary workplace. We were told to cross train TM's to better utilize the hours we get, but it only pulls people for the one position. This is a real pain for flow TM's who usually work truck then go out on the floor. Wednesday is full of editing and tend to be really long days. I see little improvements in the 3 weeks we have had my time. At first, only cashiers showed up on the schedule. Not the SF people that were doing a cashier shift. Last week was better. So much for being easier and more user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back