Archived Calling in New Years Day (Jan 1st) Flow Team. Can I get in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I worked that day and screw it! I hated it, I couldn't even do anything with my family and friends, not even drink, what's ths point if you can't celebrate. I don't think I'm going this time, a lot of people called in that day, yes they were very, if not extremely low staffed that night, but I don't care anymore, i haven't called in like about maybe 7 months, and done it only 2 times. I'm definitely not going especially if it's at 2am, I no longer care. My question is are there any retaliation or something for doing this?

Last edited:
If you really wanted the day off you should have requested it off and fought for it. Some people got Christmas Eve off because they managed to get in the request pretty early there's no reason you couldn't have done the same. Just go in and do your job there will be other days to party and drink.

If you really wanted the day off you should have requested it off and fought for it. Some people got Christmas Eve off because they managed to get in the request pretty early there's no reason you couldn't have done the same. Just go in and do your job there will be other days to party and drink.
My store posted the blackout dates at the beginning of August...

Last year I worked that day and screw it! I hated it, I couldn't even do anything with my family and friends, not even drink, what's ths point if you can't celebrate. I don't think I'm going this time, a lot of people called in that day, yes they were very, if not extremely low staffed that night, but I don't care anymore, i haven't called in like about maybe 7 months, and done it only 2 times. I'm definitely not going especially if it's at 2am, I no longer care. My question is are there any retaliation or something for doing this?
quit being a whiney, selfish asshole and show up to work like the rest of us.

Or just show up so hung over you can't see straight.
Better yet, still half drunk.
I've worked with plenty of people who have showed up like that.
Hell, I was running a crew and a guy came in who was green.
Really, he was so drunk and sick he was green.
Party all you want, then drive straight to work.
That's what a real badass does.

EDIT: For clarity.

Last edited:
My store posted the blackout dates at the beginning of August...
We didn't have any Blackout dates. It was just a "once the schedule is posted you can't swap the hours" so you had to make sure to get everything squared away before that. One TM got the entire Christmas week off

Or just show up so hung over you can't see straight.
Better yet, still half drunk.
I've worked with plenty of people who have showed up like that.
Hell, I was running a crew and a guy came in who was green.
Really, he was so drunk and sick he was green.
Party all you want, then drive straight to work.
That's what a real badass does.

EDIT: For clarity.
Why half drunk? Be like one of our former ETLs and show up fully drunk ALL THE TIME.

I haven't worked for minimum wage since the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back