Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

All I can do is admit that I messed up in almost costing the store about $300 or so, if AP didn't catch them.
Honestly if you’re AP is like mine, they’ll understand you made a mistake and be ok with it as long as you learned what not to do next time. A good AP knows you’re only human and while obviously you should try to stop it, you will inevitably make mistakes (we all do)

Honestly if you’re AP is like mine, they’ll understand you made a mistake and be ok with it as long as you learned what not to do next time. A good AP knows you’re only human and while obviously you should try to stop it, you will inevitably make mistakes (we all do)
I know this sounds bad, but I think I've done the same thing before because the AP team member from yesterday told me something along the lines of "I already told you to scan it (high-value items) for the guest". I'm having trouble remembering the exact details from that incident but it was probably something similar.
I'll admit it, I'm introverted so I do have trouble with even asking guests to sign up for the Circle (another long story about that) but I got to be more assertive and offer "more" guest service just so AP isn't on my case.

I feel like I already know the answer to this but do other store incorporate practicing different scenarios with team members in order to get them comfortable in certain situations? It’s something I wish I could do at my store. Like the Circle spiel or how to approach a guest at SCO so it’s not as awkward. With hours at a premium, we are working with skeleton crews right now so I don’t know how to make it happen but I think it would help me in some situations.

SETLs, what hours are you working? After months of working mids, suddenly we are opening, closing, and our mids are so staggered that it’s crazy. One day it’s 10-7:30 and the next it’s 1-9. I thought modernization meant we would be working mids.

SETLs, what hours are you working? After months of working mids, suddenly we are opening, closing, and our mids are so staggered that it’s crazy. One day it’s 10-7:30 and the next it’s 1-9. I thought modernization meant we would be working mids.
If you close at 11pm or midnight, I think 1-9 is still considered mid- just a later mid.

Don't phrase the scanning as a question so they can't give you no for an answer. "Sure! Let me scan that for you! I'll take this off while you're paying!" And wait for them to finish paying. When I worked SCO and saw someone come in with a high-value or heavy item under their cart, I'd head right over and say "Let me grab that for you, we've got a hand scanner right over here." Sometimes I'd throw in a "They hide it really well!" (Ours are behind the PIN pad.) Prevents a lot of ""accidental"" shortage. I'm naturally an introvert and I've had to teach myself to phrase things a lot more directly. "Excuse me, can I get by?" isn't nearly so effective as cheerfully declaring "I'm just gonna scoot behind you!" You can take control of the situation and be firm while still being polite.

Our SETLs either work 9:30-6 or 12-8, we’re open 8am - 10pm everyday. We have two SETLs and they rotate weekends. Since the opening is the priority apparently we have no “closing” SETL Saturday or Sunday.

either 9-530 or 1-930 unless all three of us are working in which case someone is 1130-8 or 12-830 as well

if someone is on vacation or requested the day off its just 1130-8 for the one of us

Scheduled to the opposite needs of the business... it has been going straight down hill, it’s almost comical.

Does this mean they will start allowing same day returns for online items? Because that would be good.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing if there is a way to make this work. Can someone retro-actively apply paper coupons to a pick up or drive up order within the 3 day window/grace period that in store purchasers can do? I tell people no they can use them for in store purchases but if they use pick up for whatever reason (including additional incentives) they forfeit the use of paper coupons and can only use electronic coupons that the app allows to be applied. Am I giving out the correct info?

Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing if there is a way to make this work. Can someone retro-actively apply paper coupons to a pick up or drive up order within the 3 day window/grace period that in store purchasers can do? I tell people no they can use them for in store purchases but if they use pick up for whatever reason (including additional incentives) they forfeit the use of paper coupons and can only use electronic coupons that the app allows to be applied. Am I giving out the correct info?
OPU/DU are online orders, as the order type is determined by where you PLACE the order, not where you receive it. Paper coupons that do not have an associated promo code (like mfr coupons) cannot be used for online orders.

There is no window after the order has been processed no but you can offer certain things and change the price right before you process the order.

There is no window after the order has been processed no but you can offer certain things and change the price right before you process the order.
You should not in any way be accepting mfr coupons for online orders as we will not get reimbursed by mfr. only exception I can think of is make it right if you’re doing save the sale.

You should not in any way be accepting mfr coupons for online orders as we will not get reimbursed by mfr. only exception I can think of is make it right if you’re doing save the sale.
I am pretty sure Target bulk sends over coupons and they don't match it to specific receipts when being reimbursed. As long as it is something target sells, in this case it was Kelloggs cereal, Target will be reimbursed.

That being said if there isn't an automated process, I won't accept them.

I am pretty sure Target bulk sends over coupons and they don't match it to specific receipts when being reimbursed. As long as it is something target sells, in this case it was Kelloggs cereal, Target will be reimbursed.

That being said if there isn't an automated process, I won't accept them.
Someone on another thread a while back said they have a family member who works in some sort of bulk coupon redemption place and said it is actually matched. Idk truthfulness or not obviously but either way, policy is that online orders cannot use them.

Back