Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Question: items that only ship with $25 orders. Could I do one or two extra items to get to $25 as OPU, then just not pick up the OPU? It’ll go RTS, I’ll get refunded and only pay for the items I actually wanted?

Also completely and definitely unrelated to the above question, what happens if you return/cancel an item on an order where you redeemed Circle Earnings?

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed an almost imperceptible difference in the “Don’t forget to grab your receipt! Thanks! See you again soon!” Since the SCO update? It just seems ever so slightly less animated. Also the screen now just says thanks instead of thanks! Don’t forget to grab your receipt! Which seems stupid

I've noticed that sometimes on an even exchange, the register prompts the guest for some small amount of money. Like the other day a TM was exchanging a pair of defective headphones from bullseye for a new one. The register wanted 53 cents.

I've noticed that sometimes on an even exchange, the register prompts the guest for some small amount of money. Like the other day a TM was exchanging a pair of defective headphones from bullseye for a new one. The register wanted 53 cents.
I've seen it refund a small amount sometimes too.

If there's a tax change (doing exchange in diff state than purchase), that would explain it, but sometimes the refund is more than tax so idk.

also for TMs even exchange I believe you have to rescan their discount, that's probably what did it.

I've seen it refund a small amount sometimes too.

If there's a tax change (doing exchange in diff state than purchase), that would explain it, but sometimes the refund is more than tax so idk.

also for TMs even exchange I believe you have to rescan their discount, that's probably what did it.

That could be it! I know it wasn't a tax thing.

Don’t blame the SCO TM. With modernization came Guest Service vs Theft Prevention. At my store the SCO TM is required to stand off to the side (at the back of the race track) and direct traffic to the open SCO registers. The SCO can’t see a thing from where they are required to stand.

That's exactly what my TL and ETL tell us: you're an ambassador welcoming people to Target and they require us to be well in the racetrack, or zoning the entrance or the fridges. That also means we sometimes don't see a red light since we're busy greeting people. Not to mention somebody walking right out with items or scanning the cheapest one in front of something else or only scanning half their stuff.

To make matters worse SCO is right in front of the doors so it's a straight way out.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sorry but expecting the SCO TM to deter theft is a bit much, other than being a presence. They can't be vigilantly watching every transaction, especially if all the SCO registers are in use.

Same thing with the fitting rooms. You don't want someone there at all times, counting clothes and keeping watch, then the people are going to do what they do. I don't have time to do AP's job.

We’re told not even to take it off until their payment has gone through just in case they scan and push out especially with vacuums, tvs, etc.
Seems excessive. Doesn't really prevent theft either. If they're going to walk out with it after scanning but before paying, they're just as likely to walk out with it still wrapped IMO.

You should not in any way be accepting mfr coupons for online orders as we will not get reimbursed by mfr. only exception I can think of is make it right if you’re doing save the sale.
Spot doesn't get reimbursed for such coupons ever anyway. All the coupons just go in a bag, and we sell them by their weight. We make the same amount from a $100 off coupon as a $0.10 off.

It is right. That's why I don't really worry too much about hitting "accept anyway" when it says coupon not found.

I’ve heard this before, but it’s really hard to believe. I know there used to be companies that sorted coupons. I’d love to know how the manufacturers decide how much to reimburse for the coupons.

I wondered who had the time to go through all the coupons every day. I guess when I collect them while closing registers and there are 5 stuck together because a team member couldn’t unpeel the sticky side, I won’t worry too much about it.

Spot doesn't get reimbursed for such coupons ever anyway. All the coupons just go in a bag, and we sell them by their weight. We make the same amount from a $100 off coupon as a $0.10 off.
Sooo.. target does not get the cash from coupons, another company does? Yeaaaaa... Imma need a citation on that one. That's also asking companies to pony up their coupon money to a company who didn't do any of the transactions, which also doesn't seem like it would fly.

Probably cost Spot more to process the coupons than they would get reimbursed, so sell them on the cheap to someone else and get something out of them. That other company can then pay workers in some 3rd world country pennies an hour to sort through them.

I would love to find out about how Spot gets reimbursed for coupons as well. There are these guests who are always notorious for using lots of manufacturer coupons, sometimes they follow the limit listed on the coupon, sometimes they don't. They just happened to come in last night and I tried to deny their coupons since they were using six of the same ones when they were limited to two per shopping trip. I called the SETL over but the guests "won" in that we were so short staffed he didn't want to argue with the guests so he told me to make an exception for them and accept the coupons.

Another question about the new registers, are any of you having problems with them when guests pay with rebate checks or checks in general? I had an issue on Saturday with a guest at self-checkout who wanted to use rebate checks. I suspended the transaction and took them to one of the new registers, but the rebate checks wouldn't go through and I ended up reducing the price of each item by the amount of the rebate checks.

Back