Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Another question about the new registers, are any of you having problems with them when guests pay with rebate checks or checks in general? I had an issue on Saturday with a guest at self-checkout who wanted to use rebate checks. I suspended the transaction and took them to one of the new registers, but the rebate checks wouldn't go through and I ended up reducing the price of each item by the amount of the rebate checks.
Suspended slips on SCO sometimes work weird. You did absolutely the right thing by doing it on an item by item basis though.

Suspended slips on SCO sometimes work weird. You did absolutely the right thing by doing it on an item by item basis though.
Good to know that because I was worried and heard that rebate checks should be placed through the scanner and the date/time used would appear on the back of the check but I really wanted to make it right for the guest and get back to self-checkout.

I've seen this opinion expressed before, but to reiterate, why did Target roll out these new registers when they have these limitations/glitches that haven't been fixed?

Last edited:
Good to know that because I was worried and heard that rebate checks should be placed through the scanner and the date/time used would appear on the back of the check but I really wanted to make it right for the guest and get back to self-checkout.

I've seen this opinion expressed before, but to reiterate, why did Target roll out these new registers when they have these limitations/glitches that haven't been fixed?

Somebody was paying somebody off

I would love to find out about how Spot gets reimbursed for coupons as well. There are these guests who are always notorious for using lots of manufacturer coupons, sometimes they follow the limit listed on the coupon, sometimes they don't. They just happened to come in last night and I tried to deny their coupons since they were using six of the same ones when they were limited to two per shopping trip. I called the SETL over but the guests "won" in that we were so short staffed he didn't want to argue with the guests so he told me to make an exception for them and accept the coupons.
Target sells then by weight to companies that get reimbursed by the manufacturer

Does anyone have the size measurement for the short defective labels? But not the Target reorder #. Maybe directly from Zebra?

If anyone can take a pic of the little label on a brand new roll, I'd appreciate it.

Does anyone have the size measurement for the short defective labels? But not the Target reorder #. Maybe directly from Zebra?

If anyone can take a pic of the little label on a brand new roll, I'd appreciate it.
F1339084-71D6-4A25-9492-48763EFBD3A7.jpeg
is this what you want? i swear i take a picture for my TL like every couple of months because we always run out/ order the wrong ones/ another dept steals ours and we never remember the number.

You can use TCIN for anything online (target app, mycheckout save the sale, etc)
Thanks! Definitely seems like it was an intention change.. I guess they don’t want DPCIs to be guest facing as much. TCINs I’m sure will eventually fully replace DPCIs

Thanks! Definitely seems like it was an intention change.. I guess they don’t want DPCIs to be guest facing as much. TCINs I’m sure will eventually fully replace DPCIs
Yes that’s the extremely stupid long term plan. I respect the reason (running out of DPCIs) but the TCINs aren’t organized at all— DPCIs are of course. I don’t understand why they can’t just add an extra number or two to DPCIs and keep the DPTCLITEM setup.

How is the no returns or exchanges going at your store? It brings me immense joy to see someone walk up with shit to return, read all the signs then sadly walk away. Even better when they try to argue with me and I get to just say nope sorry :)
At my store there are a lot of people trying returns but understanding when we tell them about the temporary change. I’ve only had a few guests that have actually gotten quite upset about it.

We will not budge unless it’s an exception such as as a recall.

Back