Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We use either/or. Barcode is a lot quicker. I always verbally double check their name and list off a few things from their order as further confirmation....also so I know if I need to grab a cart depending on the size of their order.

We do require either ID or barcode but not both. If the person picking up is an alternate pickup *(but hasn't been designated as such) and doesn't have a barcode we ask that they contact the purchaser to add. If it is a tube of tooth paste and deodorant (really anything under $15 or so), and they are unable to get added to the pickup immediately and they know what is in the order we are likely to give it to them and remind them next time they have to be added as an alternate. For items over $20 barcode or id.

Annoyingly the SETL is clearing most drive ups as we leave with the bags so we don't exceed the 2 min. If it isn't cleared for me, I ask to scan the bar code and think the store and corporate should have an accurate accounting of how much time it takes, especially when they don't indicate that they are on there way or if an item is missing from their bag(s).

Etl-Se wants you gone? Someone wants your spot?The policy changed overnight...? the ETL thought they witnessed something wrong, either way if it was written up aka corrective action and you had to accept in workday, I would ask them for a print out of best policy/practice so you can be sure you are doing as outlined. Start there.. if it can’t be provided that’s a visit to HR

Question: I was written up for not checking ID for OPU guest. I didn’t give it to the wrong guest or anything... ETL-SE just saw me not check. We’ve never discussed this rule before. I usually err on the side of caution because a credit card is involved, but it was literally Pantene shampoo and apple juice... nothing high value. The guest gave me the barcode from the Target App and it popped up green in the corner for Guest verified with barcode.

Does your store have you check ID for every OPU order? Workbench specifically says, “Since this barcode is specific to each guest, you do not need to verify an ID if using this method.” and OPU FAQs available on the website to guests says to bring Wallet barcode on app OR valid ID. Definitely makes it seem like one or the other, so now I am curious.
My store is ID for all OPU, no exceptions. DU is barcode or ID.

Guy called and then showed up and I was overruled and the guy bought all of our $69 controllers @ $16 each. Whatever. More power to him.

Do any of you have to verify every single item in every pre-paid shipt order? We do. Our shipt shoppers do multiple orders and most of them are really large. It’s time consuming on top of everything else we’re juggling.

Lastly, my guest advocates that close can no longer leave until all the store’s reshop is finished and they have to zone areas of the sales floor. Some of my really good TMs have full time day jobs and they can’t stay past their scheduled time to leave. I’m probably going to lose them. I’m wondering if all these changes have to do with the new modernization guide. Sorry. I just need to vent I guess.

Why aren't the different salesfloor people doing their own reshop and zoning? With the extra hour between store close and the closing team clocking out, we come clean almost every night. What is the salesfloor team doing for that extra hour? At my store, when the last guest leaves, the cashiers also leave minus me who is closing down the registers and the cleaner who is cleaning them.

Guy called and then showed up and I was overruled and the guy bought all of our $69 controllers @ $16 each. Whatever. More power to him.

Do any of you have to verify every single item in every pre-paid shipt order? We do. Our shipt shoppers do multiple orders and most of them are really large. It’s time consuming on top of everything else we’re juggling.

Lastly, my guest advocates that close can no longer leave until all the store’s reshop is finished and they have to zone areas of the sales floor. Some of my really good TMs have full time day jobs and they can’t stay past their scheduled time to leave. I’m probably going to lose them. I’m wondering if all these changes have to do with the new modernization guide. Sorry. I just need to vent I guess.

we don’t have to verify every shipt item, but if you’ve had issues with shipt theft in the past i guess i can understand it

and your team members should be able to leave at their scheduled time. they can’t be forced to stay or retaliated against for not staying

stand up for your TMs to your ETL/SD plz, especially the “can’t leave until salesfloor stuff is done” thing. fight for them :(

we do what the Shipt audit app says which is to verify at least 3 items.. so 3-5 items is a reasonable amount to verify.. many of our Shipt shoppers are regulars so I only verify 3 items.

Question: I was written up for not checking ID for OPU guest. I didn’t give it to the wrong guest or anything... ETL-SE just saw me not check. We’ve never discussed this rule before. I usually err on the side of caution because a credit card is involved, but it was literally Pantene shampoo and apple juice... nothing high value. The guest gave me the barcode from the Target App and it popped up green in the corner for Guest verified with barcode.

Does your store have you check ID for every OPU order? Workbench specifically says, “Since this barcode is specific to each guest, you do not need to verify an ID if using this method.” and OPU FAQs available on the website to guests says to bring Wallet barcode on app OR valid ID. Definitely makes it seem like one or the other, so now I am curious.
If the guest has the barcode then I did not check. If they had nothing then I would ask for ID and then ask what type of items they are picking up.

Best practice is verifying 3 items plus any high value items. ASANTS though if your store has had issues. I ALWAYS check bananas as many shipt shoppers don’t realize we’re by the each. One got 3 bunches instead of 3.
If the guest has the barcode then I did not check. If they had nothing then I would ask for ID and then ask what type of items they are picking up.
My store is check id for all OPUs. Asants. Technically best practice is ID or barcode.
Who overruled you? Ask them what you’d like them to have you do next time to “make sure we’re on the same page” aka so they don’t make you look like an idiot. I hate when that happens

I was once told to verify 3 items, but I verify more than that. I am also looking to make sure there isn't other shit hidden in there.

I was once told to verify 3 items, but I verify more than that. I am also looking to make sure there isn't other shit hidden in there.
I look at their phone while scanning the barcode to see how many items they are getting and then comparing it to what the zebra says. The Shipt shoppers app shows unique items but the zebra shows all items. So if their phone shows 10 items but the app states 12 you can check that they got two milks and two boxes of Cheerios to account for the extra two items. If it’s a large order I try to do a quick count on what’s in their cart and then verify 4-5 of the items listed.

We get a lot of Shipt shoppers since we are a super t and several will have two orders to process at once. Luckily, most of them separate things to make it easier to verify what they have. One order up in the seat area and the second in the main part of the cart. Or a second small order will be in a hand basket on the bottom of the cart. There are a couple that are rude but they generally don’t last. Although one of the rude ones got hired by us - I saw a flex tm training her. 🙄

Back