Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I look at their phone while scanning the barcode to see how many items they are getting and then comparing it to what the zebra says. The Shipt shoppers app shows unique items but the zebra shows all items. So if their phone shows 10 items but the app states 12 you can check that they got two milks and two boxes of Cheerios to account for the extra two items. If it’s a large order I try to do a quick count on what’s in their cart and then verify 4-5 of the items listed.

We get a lot of Shipt shoppers since we are a super t and several will have two orders to process at once. Luckily, most of them separate things to make it easier to verify what they have. One order up in the seat area and the second in the main part of the cart. Or a second small order will be in a hand basket on the bottom of the cart. There are a couple that are rude but they generally don’t last. Although one of the rude ones got hired by us - I saw a flex tm training her. 🙄
We *need* the same system as sams club. We scan their barcode, then just scan random items in their cart. If it lines up, they’re good. So much faster and easier than visual checks.

Any of you getting walkies and ear pieces for all guest advocates? Is this part of the new phase of modernization?
My now former ETL GE ordered them for seasoned SDTMs last year. Some declined, I took the earpiece and took a hot sec to get used to but now I love it.

IMO Cashiers do not need walkies but SCO and SDTMs should have walkies and if they want, earpieces.

Any of you getting walkies and ear pieces for all guest advocates? Is this part of the new phase of modernization?

I was at another store and there were about 5 cashiers (one sco) and they all had walkies, even the one with the "new team member" name tag. We usually have one cashier or sco tm who has a walkie, especially if there is no setl.

I was at another store and there were about 5 cashiers (one sco) and they all had walkies, even the one with the "new team member" name tag. We usually have one cashier or sco tm who has a walkie, especially if there is no setl.
Ok to be fair sometimes longtime TMs at least at my store wear new ™ badges to have to answer less questions

At our store if a TM forgets their name tag they wear the new team member one instead

My now former ETL GE ordered them for seasoned SDTMs last year. Some declined, I took the earpiece and took a hot sec to get used to but now I love it.

IMO Cashiers do not need walkies but SCO and SDTMs should have walkies and if they want, earpieces.
I always get a walkie when I cashier it helps so I don’t have to bother self checkout person as much. If I’m zoning bullseye or putting out candy sco can find me easily if needed. I often cover sco breaks and lunches easier to have my own walkie.

We have 1 person watching 4 sco and they have to wipe down between each guest plus do shipt prepaid audits, along with the normal trouble shoot, collect coupon, and watch for tag switchers and people not scanning all their items. Most of the day there is a 1-6 person line to get to the 4 sco's. Definitely no time to do anything else. Oh and one of the sco's isn't very touch sensitive so if there is a problem or a guest wants to remove an item it takes 10-20 hits vs the normal 2-3 to get it done.

Anyone have those new Greenish Registry bags? Where’s the barcode on those? Can’t find it where it was on the grey ones

Back