Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

if your ETL says they’ve ordered some then ask them for the PO number and expedite it in myhelp

If they don’t give it to you it’s because they’re full of shit :)

Just thought all you service desk people would like to hear some good news. Rumor has it that in the next few months a few stores will switch to a number system so once you arrive you type in what spot you are in instead of saying car description. They will test it at a small store and then roll it out to the super targets if it works I'm guessing. Greatest news ive ever heard.

Just thought all you service desk people would like to hear some good news. Rumor has it that in the next few months a few stores will switch to a number system so once you arrive you type in what spot you are in instead of saying car description. They will test it at a small store and then roll it out to the super targets if it works I'm guessing. Greatest news ive ever heard.
Lol only 4 out of the 8 spots we have actually have numbers on them. The original 4 we had when we first started have numbers and then they added 4 more permanent spots during the pandemic and those went unnumbered. Probably still a long ways out for that feature anyway

Hi front end team,
I know this has been asked before, just wondering if anyone has come up with any NEW ideas that actually WORK!

HOW do you get the very busy salesfloor team to BACKUP CASHIER ????

I absolutely can NOT stand hearing:
”Who is responding? “
”Leaders send up a team member”
”We need a response”
”Everyone needs to backup”
”Backup needed”
”TM XXXXX (insert every name on the grid listed really fast)”

NONE of this is working!
the SAME tm’s respond all day and then get chewed out that their work is not done !
Too many tm’s are on the ‘do not backup, do not call” list

PLEASE, what works ?

I haven't had a service desk shift in a couple of weeks. The last time I did, the quarantine cart included soft items (like returned towels) from non apparel. I was told that now only apparel goes on thee quarantine cart. I can't see anywhere in official target policy where anything has changed. Is this just a my store thing or is it happening in other stores? According to the official policy we are wiping down all hard items- like board games before putting returned items back on the shelf and that hasn't been happening since April. I think we did it for a week or two when returns started back up but then discontinued that.

Hi front end team,
I know this has been asked before, just wondering if anyone has come up with any NEW ideas that actually WORK!

”Who is responding? “
”We need a response”
”Backup needed”

NONE of this is working!
the SAME tm’s respond all day and then get chewed out that their work is not done !

PLEASE, what works ?
partner with ETL SE and ETL GM to work on this

It would be nice if Spot had such a concept as float hours where they could schedule someone (or two someones), probably some variety of sales floor TM, whose role that day is to fill in wherever is needed. Maybe they're primarily sales floor (freight, reshop, pulls, etc.) but can help with flex or cashier or cart cleaner or whatever as needed.

Otherwise it really fucking sucks as a sales floor TM to go backup the lanes. You're never 'not with a guest' so much as 'between guests' and it's hard enough to get stuff done as it is. You end up losing more time than you actually spend at the lanes to get back to your area and back into whatever it was you were doing, once you calm down the annoyed guests who can't find a TM in your area to help them and get the reshop that's built up at the service desk, etc. etc.

I usually get decent response. I'm guessing they come about 75% of the time. They know I do not call for back up because there are 2 people in line. If my team can get rid of the line in the time it take from someone to walk from the backroom, then there is no need for backup.

But back when I was newish to running the front, I'd have to call the ETL or SD and get them to page for backup. Once the SD, while on channel 1, asked the HR manager to walk the floor and see if there were any TMs not helping a guest and not working on OPU. I got good response that day.

Hi front end team,

”Who is responding? “
”We need a response”
”Backup needed”

NONE of this is working!

PLEASE, what works ?
Until leaders actually hold their team responsible for not responding to fast service nothing will change. As closing leader I listen to the walkie. I will say, “Style Team respond. Grocery Team you are up next.” They know I will follow through with that. Everyone takes turns.

I usually get decent response. I'm guessing they come about 75% of the time. They know I do not call for back up because there are 2 people in line. If my team can get rid of the line in the time it take from someone to walk from the backroom, then there is no need for backup.

But back when I was newish to running the front, I'd have to call the ETL or SD and get them to page for backup. Once the SD, while on channel 1, asked the HR manager to walk the floor and see if there were any TMs not helping a guest and not working on OPU. I got good response that day.
hehe, I'm in this phase right now. I'm just starting to get better responses, but it has taken a couple of months. An ETL will often have to reiterate still. I do find that saying "Who can respond?" if nobody walkies a response is a good tactic, and usually works.

With the backup issue: Lately, I’ve been really struggling with this as well and it’s not until I’ve partnered with whatever ETL is there that we get people up. Usually the ETL will start calling people by name for me because if not, no response or the same person responding. One team member flipped out at me because if she had to back up, then i should have to go finish her reshop.

With the quarantine question: We haven’t quarantined in a few months. I’m not sure why. I believe our fitting room was so backed up with style and GM was coming into 3 tiers full of quarantine that was good to go back every morning that it just wasn’t working. No actual communication. It just stopped one day.

We are still doing quarantine. I really don’t understand why. I wish Corp would revise their guidelines on this because it just is such a waste of time and tbh seems dumb bc guests walk around all day touching stuff...how is taking it home different? And why are the fitting rooms still closed? From a scientific, medical standpoint....why?

We are still doing quarantine. I really don’t understand why. I wish Corp would revise their guidelines on this because it just is such a waste of time and tbh seems dumb bc guests walk around all day touching stuff...how is taking it home different? And why are the fitting rooms still closed? From a scientific, medical standpoint....why?
I agree that quarantining merchandise is dumb and probably not warranted from a scientific perspective, but I 100% agree with keeping the fitting rooms closed. Not because of people trying on merchandise, but because of the close quarters. I certainly would not feel safe using a fitting room knowing that people having been going in and out all day, huffing and puffing while they try on clothes, and many I'm sure will remove their masks in those little rooms.

Now granted, public bathrooms have the same issues, but sometimes you just have to use a bathroom. Fitting rooms are a luxury, in a way. It doesn't seem to have impacted our clothing sales.

But how much of that clothing is returned?
True, but I would have to put it back either way, lol. If they try it on and don't buy it, I'm still fixing it on the hanger or, more likely, picking it up off the fitting room floor and rehanging it. If they return it, it's a bit more work for Guest Services as far as doing a return, but then they are just throwing it in the quarantine bin. I'm still rehanging it.

They must handle quarantine differently at your store bc at mine, GS has to hang all clothing that requires a hanger and fold everything else. We have a hanging rack and 2 repack boxes full every night plus a cart (sometimes 2) full of soft goods quarantine.

They must handle quarantine differently at your store bc at mine, GS has to hang all clothing that requires a hanger and fold everything else. We have a hanging rack and 2 repack boxes full every night plus a cart (sometimes 2) full of soft goods quarantine.

GS is required to hang and fold at my store.

Back