Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

The question is, is it faded or streaky? faded can usually be fixed by cleaning. streaky usually needs a replacement

Really, my SCOs aren't too bad, but a nearby store... Their receipts are criminal. I am tempted to call their TL and ask them to fix it and walk them thru the process if I have too. There is no way to scan or even read their receipts

Really, my SCOs aren't too bad, but a nearby store... Their receipts are criminal. I am tempted to call their TL and ask them to fix it and walk them thru the process if I have too. There is no way to scan or even read their receipts
I’ve come so close to doing that too lol. Can’t hurt to give them a call and ask for SETL or ETL SE

I'm a team member but I just need some clarification on the return policy with red cards. I bought the Neutrogena sunscreen with my red card on April 29 which is just passed the 90 day return period. I thought RedCards have an extra 30 days. The sunscreen's been recalled and I was gonna keep it anyway but my mom said I shouldn't use it anymore. Can I still return it?
Yes you can. If for some reason it doesn’t work, neutrogena is providing refunds if you send them the receipt.

Do you live in a state where you pay a bottle/can deposit? We pay 5 cents per bottle and can. If you return them to a store, you get that money back. Most grocery stores have machines you put the bottles and coins in. Target does not have the machines. I don't think a guest has ever returned a bottle or can at my service desk. It might have happened once. I know I returned one once just to see if someone knew how.

Where do we get more ribbon for the check printer? (Like the thing that prints on the back of checks). They swapped out a receipt printer at GS and the new one didn’t have any ribbon in it. Is it something that can be ordered?

yeah its on gocart, cant remember the part number, if you search for "checklane layout & supplies" on workbench it should have the list with the part #

Does anyone have any trouble with their SCO? Specifically, the bill acceptors randomly get stuck acting like they are taking money.
We are also having trouble with EBT cards
And then there is the missing barcode issue.

How long does it take to fix this nonsense?

i’ve been having issues with sco but it’s all hardware related. cash cassettes that need replacing, a coin hopper that won’t seat properly etc

current SCO is essentially end of life and won’t realistically see any bugfixes for software issues because they want to launch the new one ASAP

i’ve been having issues with sco but it’s all hardware related. cash cassettes that need replacing, a coin hopper that won’t seat properly etc

current SCO is essentially end of life and won’t realistically see any bugfixes for software issues because they want to launch the new one ASAP
Is it going to be like the New POS on the checklanes?

I thought that were planning to keep the SCO software the way it was because they had already taken the effort to redesign the “store mode” for team members by removing the K1-K1 keys like classic POS had and replaced it with the edit item dialog and the drop down menu in the upper right with extra functions.

Why would they take the time to make those changes if they were going to replace it again down the road?

if you log in to a register running new pos, tap home, tap "self-checkout" and you will see what the new software will look like.

the current SCO software is called "eSCO" or "enhanced self-checkout" because it was always meant to be a bridge between classic and new; the full newness wasn't ready yet but the backend changes were, so they rolled the backend changes out (which is why the new Receipt Viewer functioned on the updated SCO long before new pos launched) with some front end UI changes to support the other enhancements and changes they had made

if you log in to a register running new pos, tap home, tap "self-checkout" and you will see what the new software will look like.

the current SCO software is called "eSCO" or "enhanced self-checkout" because it was always meant to be a bridge between classic and new; the full newness wasn't ready yet but the backend changes were, so they rolled the backend changes out (which is why the new Receipt Viewer functioned on the updated SCO long before new pos launched) with some front end UI changes to support the other enhancements and changes they had made
Once this is done all thats left to do to kill off the classic POS is getting all the mobile reps a login, GS, and ofc SCO. I say they might hold off on GS till after Q4 just bc we need reliability and all the features in Q4 and the GS app isn't there yet.

all registers will be off of classic by the end of q3
Yeah I remember them stating that earlier this year when they were transitioning electronics. It will definitely be pushed out the door very soon.

Once this is done all thats left to do to kill off the classic POS is getting all the mobile reps a login, GS, and ofc SCO. I say they might hold off on GS till after Q4 just bc we need reliability and all the features in Q4 and the GS app isn't there yet.
I’m pretty sure the GS app is definitely coming as it is already being piloted and tested. Target wants off Classic POS sooner than later. I don’t think they want to be maintaining both right now. I would guess Sept. monthly planner will have expanded rollout for new POS. I don’t know how it’s going to work with mobile reps but it will probably still be pretty limited functionality.

Yeah I remember them stating that earlier this year when they were transitioning electronics. It will definitely be pushed out the door very soon.

I’m pretty sure the GS app is definitely coming as it is already being piloted and tested. Target wants off Classic POS sooner than later. I don’t think they want to be maintaining both right now. I would guess Sept. monthly planner will have expanded rollout for new POS. I don’t know how it’s going to work with mobile reps but it will probably still be pretty limited functionality.

it's weird because only one of our mobile reps actually has a login for the new systems, he was weird, SD basically told him to pack his shit up because he was saying out-of-pocket stuff to TMs. I mean the thing is when are they going to roll out the new SCOs? That still runs off of a lot of the APIs of classic sco ( I do like the classic sco better [looks very target]). Electronics is 110 % getting the chop soon but GS is going to be a mess especially in the middle of our remodel (where they're redoing all the lanes and GS)

Also life hack for those who don't know. On the new POS, you can literally unplug the keyboard and use it as desk space. That's the one benefit of a touch screen POS lolol.

it's weird because only one of our mobile reps actually has a login for the new systems, he was weird, SD basically told him to pack his shit up because he was saying out-of-pocket stuff to TMs. I mean the thing is when are they going to roll out the new SCOs? That still runs off of a lot of the APIs of classic sco ( I do like the classic sco better [looks very target]). Electronics is 110 % getting the chop soon but GS is going to be a mess especially in the middle of our remodel (where they're redoing all the lanes and GS)

Also life hack for those who don't know. On the new POS, you can literally unplug the keyboard and use it as desk space. That's the one benefit of a touch screen POS lolol.
Yeah for electronics at least one register should already be updated to new POS. are the mobile rep logins any different from TM logins on new POS?
I haven’t heard much about SCO rollouts but they have more time to buy on that considering they built a lot of that into classic sco with the updated store mode. For example all the transactions go to the same system as new pos.

I don’t think sco will be updated this year.. maybe Q1 or Q2. All the checklanes however are the focus with electronics and GS being next.

I do like the way classic sco looks to guests the the store mode was a very lazy job lol

New pickup app goes live 8/18
What's new about it?

there is a hard deadline of october 2021 for all of new point of sale to be rolled out, including SCO because the windows version that they’re running on is end of life. everything is transitioning to linux
I don't know about other stores but at my store, they have like 2 registers running Linux, and god they're so good.

Back