Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

When closing registers I am noticed that when I press "load start funds" I now get a message that it could take up to 5 minutes to load. The same message happens if "remove funds" is pressed. What is this? I don't have time to wait like that.

I back out and press banking again and the original start fund button shows up.
Noticed this while doing change request fills. Odd.

When closing registers I am noticed that when I press "load start funds" I now get a message that it could take up to 5 minutes to load. The same message happens if "remove funds" is pressed. What is this? I don't have time to wait like that.

I back out and press banking again and the original start fund button shows up.
Why are you pressing start funds or load start funds when closing? You are removing funds, not starting funds.

Why are you pressing start funds or load start funds when closing? You are removing funds, not starting funds.

Start funds is for removing today's money and putting in tomorrow's. That's why the icon has the double arrow

Lately, our wait time at checkout scores have dropped, and it's over a significant enough period to be a real perception and not statistical noise. Although, it's not actually worse according to me, my SETL partner and our ETL, who all watch this closely. It's actually better than it was the first half of the year.

We're calling for backups more promptly when we are not 1 +1, and often by the time backup arrives, there is no need. This is frustrating the floor team and creating more than the usual backup hesitancy.

Anyone been through a stretch like this? I don't get it.

Lately, our wait time at checkout scores have dropped, and it's over a significant enough period to be a real perception and not statistical noise. Although, it's not actually worse according to me, my SETL partner and our ETL, who all watch this closely. It's actually better than it was the first half of the year.

We're calling for backups more promptly when we are not 1 +1, and often by the time backup arrives, there is no need. This is frustrating the floor team and creating more than the usual backup hesitancy.

What's happening before and after you come in for the day. Front end is notoriously lightly staffed to start and end the day. That could be where guests are seeing long waits.

Also, shaking my head at calling for backups when it's not needed by the time a TM walks to the front. Shaking my head. I'm surprised you salesfloor TLs and ETLs aren't bitching you out.

When you are 1+1 (or 2) are there guests coming down the race track? You don't call back up for the guests currently in line, but for the ones heading toward the CL. If you just have a couple extra guests and you don't see people coming, just hop on a lane and ring them up. I like to use the lane closest to the SCO. I turn on the light and invite a guest over, then I turn the light off. I don't want to be tied to a reg, if I don't need to be.

What's happening before and after you come in for the day. Front end is notoriously lightly staffed to start and end the day. That could be where guests are seeing long waits.

Also, shaking my head at calling for backups when it's not needed by the time a TM walks to the front. Shaking my head. I'm surprised you salesfloor TLs and ETLs aren't bitching you out.
Ha! Sales floor TM s just get bitched out for not finishing that 30 minute u boat in 30 minutes. It's pass the punishment target concept. It passes right by those responsible.

People are over being patient about waiting. Maybe try chatting with them while in line. Sometimes, when guests see us calling for help, they assume that things must be unusually slow.

One of our GS registers has the new POS. Horrible. Can’t do multiple transaction returns all in one, no exchanges or overrides. So much missing. The only good thing is that we can do same day returns without needing the guest to insert the card.

One of our GS registers has the new POS. Horrible. Can’t do multiple transaction returns all in one, no exchanges or overrides. So much missing. The only good thing is that we can do same day returns without needing the guest to insert the card.
All will be fixed within time

almost like its there so you can get used to it while they finish building out features

I agree, but I just think it’s crazy that so many necessary features are still not on there. Some stores have had the new pos for over a year and it’s still technically beta.
We've had it and it still gets changes to it, so I'm guessing that's why it's beta.

I agree, but I just think it’s crazy that so many necessary features are still not on there. Some stores have had the new pos for over a year and it’s still technically beta.
Speed is still a really big issue on the new POS. The screen/app loading times don't align with the fast paced nature of doing continuous returns/exchanges, bill payments, or price overrides. Sure the functions will come eventually but if it's at the current speed we'll be in trouble, especially weekends and Q4.

We just got one of ours upgraded last week and let me tell you the inability to apply return funds to a new purchase (essentially an exchange) is a huge issue. Especially bc I am in an IGS format. This needs to be added pronto. Also a big reason why everyone at GS is steering clear of that particular register…

That’s my favorite thing about it. I noticed that a guest’s strawberries were moldy. The guest asked me to cancel them but I forgot. I was able to return them without needing the card or the guest in the building.

Very cool. Have you found any other good features?

Another thing that's not great compared to the old GS POS: returning items from an online purchase. On the old POS, I asked the guest why they were returning: didn't fit, changed mind, defective, etc and I pressed the appropriate number/key even though the option was presented to them on the keypad. On the new POS, however, the guest has to enter a reason for each item on the keypad themselves. I don't have the option to do it myself. Really slows things down! One of my guests said, "what if I pick a different reason for each item?"

Back