Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

They need to change a lot on how receipts show things to guests...it's very confusing to them and not always easy to explain either.

Also...anyone in GS finding many guests highly irritated that when they return an item purchased with Target Circle $$, they don't get those earnings back? They get a reduced price for the item and then the Circle $$ isn't refunded either. Doesn't really seem fair.

They need to change how the system calculates buy 2 get 1 free deals. They take the lowest price item and divide and subtract it from all the others, but the way it looks on the receipt, it looks like it’s not free to the guest.
But if returned doesn't the way the receipt reads show that no, you can't return two at full price and get to keep the free one? It shows all have a reduced price to equal three at the price of two, and that makes for logical returning.

They need to change a lot on how receipts show things to guests...it's very confusing to them and not always easy to explain either.

Also...anyone in GS finding many guests highly irritated that when they return an item purchased with Target Circle $$, they don't get those earnings back? They get a reduced price for the item and then the Circle $$ isn't refunded either. Doesn't really seem fair.
you get your target circle earnings back when you make a return but it does not display on the receipt. it will take a couple days to go back to the guest’s account

They need to change how the system calculates buy 2 get 1 free deals. They take the lowest price item and divide and subtract it from all the others, but the way it looks on the receipt, it looks like it’s not free to the guest.
but when it looks like it's free on the receipt, returns are a nightmare. it's a lose no matter what you do

And it would be a pain in the butt if they needed to return the "free" item. I just tell guests that it distributes the amount of the free item evenly across each of the buy 3 gets 1 things. Most people understand that. If they want more info, I'll tell them that it helps with doing returns. I try not to be lengthy with my information.

This is our SECOND OPU hold space. We have like 4 1/2 full isles already but this is just OVERKILL. They moved TSC to the back and all of that area is now OPU hold space. We also got walk-in freezers and coolers.
I'm jealous. Granted we're not quite busy enough for something of that scale, but 😍😍

So I had a guest buying a small thing of milk tonight. She wanted to use her target circle earnings. She had $3 there and the milk came to about 1.50, but the target circle earnings would not cover it. Any idea why?

Random question, but does anyone know when Ship to Store will be re-enabeled? I know it gets turned off during Q4, but we're long past peak season now and things are starting to slow down. It was always nice to escape the madness of Drive-Up and Service Desk to go unbox and bag all the STS for 10 minutes.
(I ask this here because, at least at my store, OPU/GS does STS and not FF or RevLog.)

Random question, but does anyone know when Ship to Store will be re-enabeled? I know it gets turned off during Q4, but we're long past peak season now and things are starting to slow down. It was always nice to escape the madness of Drive-Up and Service Desk to go unbox and bag all the STS for 10 minutes.
(I ask this here because, at least at my store, OPU/GS does STS and not FF or RevLog.)
Our SFS was never turned off to our dismay.

I heard of a nearby store cutting it completely due to lack of TMs even though they have triple our capacity.

We had a guest who ordered before Christmas ship to store was turned off but, guest put down store address as the ship to address. There was more than one package. We were able to locate one but, couldn’t find the other. The guest sent his daughter to pick up she pulled into drive up. Not fun for my coworker we had to get multiple team leads involved.

We had a guest who ordered before Christmas ship to store was turned off but, guest put down store address as the ship to address. There was more than one package. We were able to locate one but, couldn’t find the other. The guest sent his daughter to pick up she pulled into drive up. Not fun for my coworker we had to get multiple team leads involved.
How did the guest think this was ok? Like..... howwww?

we have a TM at our store who draws on our name tags. ETLs had theirs painted about their personalities and i got mine as glados from portal! But most people get Spot painted on.

That’s really cool! I just have one new nametag with one of the bullseye stickers from the Lanes, and two new trainer nametags with nothing on them yet, as I just got them recently.

This happened a few times at my store. They just sort of sat in the corner until they were gone. I tried calling 701 about one of the items. It took like 10 minutes to get them to understand that I thought the guest had their items shipped to the store. It broke their mind so much. Then they got upset because we should have denied the package. Sometimes, I wonder if they have ever stepped foot in a store.

How many orders do you typically have stowed? We are around 250-300, but sometimes it drops as low as 200.
I think 300-400? Don't remember honestly. I'll check tomorrow. Surprisingly we actually use ALOT of the storage in the main room that I posted. That other back section is honestly probably gonna be used as storage for a lot of the bs GS stuff like boxes of tape, gift cards, used SodaStream stuff, etc. even if all of that uses an entire isle we still have SO MUCH SPACE.

Also, we now have fresh flowers! I got one and it's actually super cute! Apparently, you can place an OPU for fresh flowers now haha. They go into the walk-in cooler.

Back