Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Another thing that's not great compared to the old GS POS: returning items from an online purchase. On the old POS, I asked the guest why they were returning: didn't fit, changed mind, defective, etc and I pressed the appropriate number/key even though the option was presented to them on the keypad. On the new POS, however, the guest has to enter a reason for each item on the keypad themselves. I don't have the option to do it myself. Really slows things down! One of my guests said, "what if I pick a different reason for each item?"

Yes I hate this. I love picking the reason myself. I hope the devs are reading this and let us have the option to chose.

Another thing that's not great compared to the old GS POS: returning items from an online purchase. On the old POS, I asked the guest why they were returning: didn't fit, changed mind, defective, etc and I pressed the appropriate number/key even though the option was presented to them on the keypad. On the new POS, however, the guest has to enter a reason for each item on the keypad themselves. I don't have the option to do it myself. Really slows things down! One of my guests said, "what if I pick a different reason for each item?"
omg this is gonna take forever

blame stores that didn’t accurately capture the guest’s reason for making the return

I would say 99% of time the reason was Didn’t Fit or Changed Mind. Isn’t that the reason for most returnsno matter the store? Hardly a reason to make such a POS change.
this. I would say 80% changed mind 18% defective/arrived damaged 2% wrong item sent

sometimes when the guest accidentally ordered the wrong item (as opposed to actually just getting sent a different item than what they ordered) they'll hit wrong item which prompts a DPCI entry... super annoying...

it’s the same set of options that the guest gets when they start a return online and mail it in or chat with guest relations. they specifically want to know if it “didn’t fit” or “arrived late” or so on w/r/t target.com orders

When a guest does an OPU and an item is INF’d or TM cancelled upon guest request, how do they get charged?

Does the hold on their card disappear and they get charged only for what they picked up, or does the hold process as a charge and then they get a refund for what they didn’t get?

Wanna make sure I correctly inform guests on how they get charged.

When a guest does an OPU and an item is INF’d or TM cancelled upon guest request, how do they get charged?

Does the hold on their card disappear and they get charged only for what they picked up, or does the hold process as a charge and then they get a refund for what they didn’t get?

Wanna make sure I correctly inform guests on how they get charged.
I think the charge is pending until order is processed. Once order is processed they will only be charged for what was picked up.

I think the charge is pending until order is processed. Once order is processed they will only be charged for what was picked up.
That’s what I thought. I’m just not 100% sure on how banks process it. Today I told a guest that she wouldn’t be charged but then said “if you do get charged you will be refunded” and she called me out for contradicting. Lol

That’s what I thought. I’m just not 100% sure on how banks process it. Today I told a guest that she wouldn’t be charged but then said “if you do get charged you will be refunded” and she called me out for contradicting. Lol
there is an authorization hold when the guest places the order, then the guest is charged when fulfillment scans the bag into hold. if the item is INFed and the guest chooses not to have it shipped or pick it up elsewhere, the authorization drops. no charge. if the guest cancels after the item is picked (either in their account or with a team member in pickup), they have already been charged and will be refunded, which takes longer to hit their account than an auth hold dropping.

there is an authorization hold when the guest places the order, then the guest is charged when fulfillment scans the bag into hold. if the item is INFed and the guest chooses not to have it shipped or pick it up elsewhere, the authorization drops. no charge. if the guest cancels after the item is picked (either in their account or with a team member in pickup), they have already been charged and will be refunded, which takes longer to hit their account than an auth hold dropping.
If a guest is charged when fulfillment scans bag into hold, how when a team member messes up and gives order to guest without processing target doesn’t get the money guests get it free? I’m not saying your wrong just wondering. I’ve always been told by team leads that if order is never processed there is no charge but, if they are charged when flex scans into hold it wouldn’t be a problem if we accidentally didn’t process.

If a guest is charged when fulfillment scans bag into hold, how when a team member messes up and gives order to guest without processing target doesn’t get the money guests get it free? I’m not saying your wrong just wondering. I’ve always been told by team leads that if order is never processed there is no charge but, if they are charged when flex scans into hold it wouldn’t be a problem if we accidentally didn’t process.
No because they would be refunded when it drops back into return to stock at 3 days for their pickup window expiring

But what about if items are left behind? If the charge is when it enters hold but several items are left the guest would be charged for something not received.

Back