Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Question for the Target phone app experts, are you able to transfer guest calls outside of the store?

For example transfer them to another Target store or to the Guest Relations 1-800-440-0680
I would say I doubt it but thinking about it couldn't you just press 9 and put the transfer number?
Yes. Transfer 9PHONENUMBER transfer should do it.

edit: you can do that at the GS landline, idk about the phone app on zebra

For drive up orders specifically they need to be added as a shopping partner on the guests account first and once that person has accepted can a shopping partner for an order be changed. The option doesn’t even appear if the guest has no shopping partners on their account. This is so confusing to guests.

Is this new? I've added my husband under the "add an alternative pickup person" button without needing to have him added to anything else, but it's been a few weeks.

Are you sure @Amanda Cantwell ? We can transfer to Pharmacy? I think that's just opening a whole can of worms because they are a separate entity and I sure as hell do not want any part of Pharmacy and the cluster that it is.

Are you sure @Amanda Cantwell ? We can transfer to Pharmacy? I think that's just opening a whole can of worms because they are a separate entity and I sure as hell do not want any part of Pharmacy and the cluster that it is.
I think we technically can but no one at my store does. We give the number and let the guest call.

well in the zebra phone app when you hit transfer and it asks for your ext you want to transfer to you can hit the little contacts book and transfer people from there. I do it to GS and i’ve done it to the pharmacy aswell.

As I’m up front, I always am using the Landline phones. Does transferring to the extensions work off of those and how would I do it? My whole store just does the holds on 2280, 2281, etc… whether off the corded phones or Zebra phones.

As I’m up front, I always am using the Landline phones. Does transferring to the extensions work off of those and how would I do it? My whole store just does the holds on 2280, 2281, etc… whether off the corded phones or Zebra phones.
So I've tinkered with the phones a bit and it's kinda cool. When you log in to the phone on a Zebra you get a 4 digit ext assigned to you. So lets say another TM named tom signs in and his ext is 4033. If I hit transfer and forward the call to 4033 it rings his device specifically.

If you go into the myDevice Phone App and head to the contacts section of the app (its at the top near the dialer) you see all the departments! GS, Toys, GM, Pharmacy, etc! every one of these "contacts" is just extensions. They say it on the device idk but lets go with 4232 for Guest Service. Rather than parking a call on 2180 I could just throw the call directly to Guest Sevice by transferring it to 4232.

You can do this with the landlines but you just need to know what ext is what department. With that said I can only see this being used at electronics transferring to GS and at GS transferring to the pharmacy.

Idk why Target decided to make adding alternate pickups to Drive Up orders so difficult. So many calls come in for guests that need help.

For drive up orders specifically they need to be added as a shopping partner on the guests account first and once that person has accepted can a shopping partner for an order be changed. The option doesn’t even appear if the guest has no shopping partners on their account. This is so confusing to guests.

Order Pickup orders allow you to add either shopping partners or anyone that isn’t a shopping partner.
The easiest way to do is have the person who placed the check and then text pickup person the code that’s all we need. We have guests who do that quire a bit.

Yes. Transfer 9PHONENUMBER transfer should do it.

edit: you can do that at the GS landline, idk about the phone app on zebra
On the mydevice you click transfer then one of the 4 boxes in the top part is contacts and you can select a phone you want to transfer it to! HR, Electronics, Optical, Pharmacy etc.

So I've tinkered with the phones a bit and it's kinda cool. When you log in to the phone on a Zebra you get a 4 digit ext assigned to you. So lets say another TM named tom signs in and his ext is 4033. If I hit transfer and forward the call to 4033 it rings his device specifically.
You can use device status in the help section of myday to see who is using what device and if you know someone is signed in on the phone you can find their name on the device status list and take note of the last 4 numbers of its serial number. Then you can go to active lines in the phone app and find the devices serial number to get its extension. It takes a little time but is pretty cool.

The easiest way to do is have the person who placed the check and then text pickup person the code that’s all we need. We have guests who do that quire a bit.
When you add a pickup person and put their email, if they have a target account it should appear in their app and let them change it to a drive up. I think

Last edited:
When you add a pickup person and put their email, if they have a target account it should appear in their app and let them change it to a drive up. I think
If the pickup person has a different last name, I prefer they not do this. One last name will show on device and a different last name on the bags. Sometimes the names will switch on prep and delivery screen. Way too confusing for drive up team.

If the pickup person has a different last name, I prefer they not do this. One last name will show on device and a different last name on the bags. Sometimes the names will switch on prep and delivery screen. Way too confusing for drive up team.
The name on the prep screen is the name on the sticker. When you click the name to view the order it changes to the pickup person. I was wrong however. They literally made it so you can’t add a pickup person to a driveup. You can do shopping partners. If they change their target account name then that happens.

WTF? Just go through the drive-up at an actual Starbucks, Karen. How the hell is the drive-up team supposed to make a fresh latte and get it out to guests along with their 20 cases of water in under two minutes when the guests come without warning?

Returns better be strictly limited or guests will be trying to have TMs stand out there in blizzards and rainstorms returning all the crap from their latest house staging.

I heard from someone else that Drive-Up returns will only be for online orders, not anything purchased in store. So that should eliminate the “Which Card did I use?” guessing game, and there will be no cash refunds, as if it was ordered online, you wouldn’t have used cash. It will also be initiated through the Guest’s Target app like shipping returns for online orders are done.
In brief, Drive-Up returns are only for Shipping and Order Pickup orders, and their variations like Drive Up, Ship from Store, and Ship to Store. Nothing bough in-store can be returned through Drive Up.

There’s also a rumor about adding Returns to myCheckout (Returnbusting?) but we’ll face that bridge when corporate gets to that.

I heard from someone else that Drive-Up returns will only be for online orders, not anything purchased in store. So that should eliminate the “Which Card did I use?” guessing game, and there will be no cash refunds, as if it was ordered online, you wouldn’t have used cash. It will also be initiated through the Guest’s Target app like shipping returns for online orders are done.
In brief, Drive-Up returns are only for Shipping and Order Pickup orders, and their variations like Drive Up, Ship from Store, and Ship to Store. Nothing bough in-store can be returned through Drive Up.

There’s also a rumor about adding Returns to myCheckout (Returnbusting?) but we’ll face that bridge when corporate gets to that.
It'll probably work the same way it does for online returns now with the "return an item" button, it'll just also give you an issue for drive up now

Back