Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

So from the looks of it the Gift Registry iPads are being discontinued and replaced with ELO tablets once the app team has finished development. Has anyone at other stores started testing these or seen an early version of the app for the registry tablet?

So from the looks of it the Gift Registry iPads are being discontinued and replaced with ELO tablets once the app team has finished development. Has anyone at other stores started testing these or seen an early version of the app for the registry tablet?
Oh thats nice. Our tablet is STRUGGLING

Good.

WTF? Just go through the drive-up at an actual Starbucks, Karen. How the hell is the drive-up team supposed to make a fresh latte and get it out to guests along with their 20 cases of water in under two minutes when the guests come without warning?

Returns better be strictly limited or guests will be trying to have TMs stand out there in blizzards and rainstorms returning all the crap from their latest house staging.
If they went to a drive thru Starbucks they wouldn’t save that 5% … LOL. And that 2 minute wait…

Thoughts on the new Drive-Up carts that are currently in testing? I like how they look and how much more spacious they seem to be. I would consider them to be an upgrade over Three-Tiers, without having ever used one of these yet. I've heard from r/Target and the TM Confessions FB page that they are a lot better in the snow than Three-Tiers, and that's gonna be great for MN where we have so much snow, and everybody loves Target, meaning there's lots of Drive-Up users in the state. One thing that I would change based on the pics would be for them to have a third level of storage like Three-Tiers do, since these only have two. You could possibly fit another level right below the white part near the top of the cart

Also, I can't 100% tell from the images, but it appears that the red part near the handle might be able to be lifted up?

(Actually, on second glance, not really.)

Thoughts on the new Drive-Up carts that are currently in testing? I like how they look and how much more spacious they seem to be. I would consider them to be an upgrade over Three-Tiers, without having ever used one of these yet. I've heard from r/Target and the TM Confessions FB page that they are a lot better in the snow than Three-Tiers, and that's gonna be great for MN where we have so much snow, and everybody loves Target, meaning there's lots of Drive-Up users in the state. One thing that I would change based on the pics would be for them to have a third level of storage like Three-Tiers do, since these only have two. You could possibly fit another level right below the white part near the top of the cart

Also, I can't 100% tell from the images, but it appears that the red part near the handle might be able to be lifted up?

Where are the cup holders?

Love the design but give me a mix like 3 of those and 2 three-tiers.

Wow, so Corporate really went to Home Depot, stole a lumber cart, painted it red and added some Brightroom shelves and thought we wouldn’t notice?

Smoooooooth.

0835833A-EE94-4A68-B4BD-B175312E81D7.jpeg

we got communication the other day on drive up. in our remodel we got that ginormous hold space and moved TSC to the back. We also got a dedicated drive up door too. I think they’re moving the actual drive up parking spots closer to the door which would be perfect. Apparently they’re installing wifi hotspots outside too. can’t wait for that to go wrong LMAO

they’re installing wifi hotspots outside too. can’t wait for that to go wrong LMAO
We have a couple of the access points outside on the wall of the building and they do just fine lol. Cisco makes some pretty nice crap.
dedicated drive up door too
We heard we’re getting this too.
Are y’all also getting the big gas station roof thing with like 20 spots?

We will be increased to 24 spots. We are also getting drive up tents/canopies. I don't see how they will survive the wind storms we get, but ok.
I would say 24?!??! But if you're getting 24 I imagine we're getting 32. I actually don't know how many more spots we're getting

Ok new design is needed for sure. BUT, how about a lock for the wheels so when you are dodging the guests auto open back, or your drive up is literally on a slant downward…etc.. and still no cover for orders!? We are using paper bags that dosent mix well with rain.

idk but probably. We're a super busy store so it would make sense.

Really wish we used the garden center for something honestly.
I wish you luck with getting it but we were a test store for the remodel with 32 spots and a separate door and everything but don’t have the roof. We are also top 5 in the company. The roof would be extremely expensive especially to cover so many spots. I really wish we had it and hope you can get it but I think only a couple stores have it and that’s from when there was only a couple drive up spots.

that’s from when there was only a couple drive up spots.
There are two versions of the roof thingy.

There was this one that only covered the first 4 spots and was piloted in a few stores. It won’t be built anymore from what I heard as it was just a pilot. It won’t come down but it won’t be used anywhere else.

A77BFC7C-9E8E-410E-8A89-DD4C12839685.jpeg

Then there’s this monstrosity (here, under construction at a store a few towns over from me) that covers like 12 spots on each side.
This roof is cooler and safer because it has a central island walkway so you never have to walk behind cars unless it’s to load but not with your 3 Tier (theoretically). You stay on the huge sidewalk that runs down the middle of it, shielding you from the weather too.
88D7CB8E-81C5-4270-A898-16832B44262E.jpeg

How many drive ups are you doing a day? How many people do you have running them out per day.
depends on the day but we are normally pretty understaffed. but the most I've ever seen it at is 11 (we have 12 spots? I think?). Regardless, We aren't the number 1 store for DU but no way we aren't up there. Normally on weekends during the rush, we have like 2-4 TMs? Depends on the time and hours. But the difference between us and the number 1 store is we have a much bigger parking lot and we are the biggest store in our state.

Back