Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Does anyone else have problems with the sticker printers, not printing consistently? Sometimes it seems like every other or every 3rd one doesn't print from either the register or from the device. VP are more likely to fail. The printer prints one out fine, next it makes a noise like it is going to print but then doesn't. It might then print from another register for someone else. My next one might print. I can open it up and shut it and that fixes the problem for sometimes just one sticker sometimes for 15-20 minutes. Rebooting doesn't help nor do I have time to reboot it multiple times an evening.

Does anyone else have problems with the sticker printers, not printing consistently? Sometimes it seems like every other or every 3rd one doesn't print from either the register or from the device. VP are more likely to fail. The printer prints one out fine, next it makes a noise like it is going to print but then doesn't. It might then print from another register for someone else. My next one might print. I can open it up and shut it and that fixes the problem for sometimes just one sticker sometimes for 15-20 minutes. Rebooting doesn't help nor do I have time to reboot it multiple times an evening.
Super common issue unfortunately, I have to open and close the printer quite often, I'm pretty sure it's from the wheel that spins to push the stickers out getting adhesive from the stickers stuck on it.

Yep. Constantly and lately our printers have been doing the “Printer Not Ready” for hours at a time. It’ll be semi fine all day and then we’re scrambling trying to find any printer that will show “Printer Ready.”

I’m not sure if its a store specific network issue, but this time of year it is killer not to have a defect printer.

Yep. Constantly and lately our printers have been doing the “Printer Not Ready” for hours at a time. It’ll be semi fine all day and then we’re scrambling trying to find any printer that will show “Printer Ready.”

I’m not sure if its a store specific network issue, but this time of year it is killer not to have a defect printer.
just open the printer and close it. usually fixes it for us.

Is there a metric to see how much inventory $ is returned to a store each day/week/ month/ Year? Ideally I would like to know how much is returned from our store, from other stores or returned without a receipt. I would also like to see how much is defected out each day/week/ month year.

lately it feels like every printer in my store has been extra temperamental
I'm gonna have to agree with you here. The HIP printers usually work without much issue at my store (save for the occasional slip-up with the OPU printer where it stops printing halfway and freezes), but lately they've been straight up not printing for no reason a lot.

I am not for sure but this can probably either be because of the trash wifi, but possibly if two printers are fighting for the same id on the network. You can find a good id by going on Mickra and finding a printer id that has not been used for a long time (or not in the list at all).

I miss our Windows computer because every time a printer acted up I factory reset that ish with the tool on tere, and it worked like brand new.

I would love Target Corp to implement the following for DU...this especially pertains to stores where guests have to pay for bags:

If a guest chooses DU, bags are not optional if an order is so large that they are required. You choose DU, you get bags. If you don't want bags, you come inside and pick it up and then you can put the items in your own bags yourself.

Asking DU TMs to put groceries in guest's bags in the trunk or backseat or whatever just isn't feasible most of the time, and especially not at peak times with doubletaps and large orders and all of that.

Seems like they are opening up the option to control the cash option for Self Checkout to store leaders through myDay Device status instead of calling CSC/Chatbot. This is by far significantly easier and I think encourages more people to enable/disable which leads to a better guest experience.

My only worry is how someone misuses this and basically forces HQ hand and eventually gets this taken back away.

Speaking of DU:

We are in a POLAR FREEZE! Do we get to turn off DU? Absolutely not. There is a whole section of manual on how to prepare for subzero weather and the breaks that should be taken and for how long but turning it off as an option? Nope.
I live in a state that rarely gets super cold. This week Tuesday is 25 and Wednesday will be 18. I’m not looking forward to doing drive up. I had to order some warm clothes from Amazon. Got any tips for super cold?

I live in a state that rarely gets super cold. This week Tuesday is 25 and Wednesday will be 18. I’m not looking forward to doing drive up. I had to order some warm clothes from Amazon. Got any tips for super cold?
Layer up with stuff you can zip and unzip.
Lightweight leggings or underwear.

Last edited:
Back