Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
Added hours for most stores
When my store got SCO several years ago, our front end grid went from 1.5 pages (non Q4) to just over half a page. Maybe the hours were deployed elsewhere in the store, but front end was decimated.

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
It has gotten worse since then as there are times when no one is scheduled at SCO.
at the very least, the Self-checkout workcenter is receiving payroll to have a team member scheduled from open to close, so whoever is writing the front end schedule is dropping the ball

so we added more SCOs to go from 4 to 12. when we just had the 4, it was rare to have it open past 9-9:30 (close at 11) since we would only have one cashier past that. after getting all 12, i think our front end hours went up. we still close sco before the store closes. some around 9:30 still and then some at 10-10:15ish. we now generally have two or three closers (or at least scheduled til 10-10:45).

our cashier hours haven’t been great with the cut, but not as bad as other stores and i honestly think it’s because of all the sco hours we get.

at the very least, the Self-checkout workcenter is receiving payroll to have a team member scheduled from open to close, so whoever is writing the front end schedule is dropping the ball
Nope, not dropping the ball, due to cut hours there are times when it is not covered for the first hour of the day and the end of the day. The directive comes from higher-ups.

LearningTree

Guest Experience
Nope, not dropping the ball, due to cut hours there are times when it is not covered for the first hour of the day and the end of the day. The directive comes from higher-ups.
Wow that's the complete opposite of what my district wants. When I was writing the schedule my DTL wanted SCO the first ones opened and the last ones closed. So we'd open up 4 right at open and then the other 8 once it got busy (and then the reverse at the end of the night).

Wow that's the complete opposite of what my district wants. When I was writing the schedule my DTL wanted SCO the first ones opened and the last ones closed. So we'd open up 4 right at open and then the other 8 once it got busy (and then the reverse at the end of the night).
Same here. Let's hit that store for late night run!

So I’m sure stores with the remodeled Guest Services have noticed that hold space behind the wall is still not big enough for all these orders coming in.

We’ve been doing our best to clear out old orders and etc. Here’s my question, so what do you do with orders that either 1) Don’t have a label on it with the order number or name of the guest or 2) Are an old older, that is no longer in MyGo, but can’t verify if it’s been fully canceled or a RTS

I was going through a couple of orders that didn’t have information on them, I tried scanning them with a PDA through the MyFA and nothing popped up and then when I went to MyGo, I didn’t see a name, so can we go ahead and reshop it or is there another way to second check that before doing so?

Also, how do you guys manage your reshop and defectives when it’s very busy, we have bins behind the wall but with it being so chaotic we’re trying to find a way to organize as we sort through busy times and then can come back to that later on
According to the OPU page on workbenches, myGo is the source of all truth. What your looking to do is called auditing RTS.

Based on what? I mean, you say that as if it's a fact. What do you base that on? Did you do a survey?
Yeah. I don't know what they are talking about either. Added? The poster must have misunderstood or mistyped. Maybe got more hours in front as an individual.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
When my store got SCO several years ago, our front end grid went from 1.5 pages (non Q4) to just over half a page. Maybe the hours were deployed elsewhere in the store, but front end was decimated.
Based on what? I mean, you say that as if it's a fact. What do you base that on? Did you do a survey?
Im going based off stores in my district including mine. Two stores just got SCO this passed summer and they noticed their cashier hours stay the same plus earned additional hours for SCO. My store added 8 SCOs a couple years ago and the same thing happened. We sit around the same amount of hours in the cashier pool but now earn open to close coverage for SCO.

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
added 8 SCOs a couple years ago and the same thing happened. We sit around the same amount of hours in the cashier pool but now earn open to close coverage for SCO.
Your store has the same amount of cashier hours as a few years ago? I can't even see how that's possible in view of the fact that the hours given each year tend to be trending downward. My store comped up quite a few percentage points this year and there are less cashiers up front than 2 years ago.

Maybe your store's leadership is deploying them differently than other stores then?

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Your store has the same amount of cashier hours as a few years ago? I can't even see how that's possible in view of the fact that the hours given each year tend to be trending downward. My store comped up quite a few percentage points this year and there are less cashiers up front than 2 years ago.

Maybe your store's leadership is deploying them differently than other stores then?
No I’m not saying exactly the same as a few years ago but there was no drastic drop or obvious decrease that would be because of sco. We stayed pretty much the same with the standard increase and decreases seasonally