Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I’m staying past seasonal! And they pulled me aside and asked if I’d be GSA. A little nervous but with training I’m very excited!
nice! my only tip is assuming the other GSTMs at your store aren't idiots, please trust them. nothing is worse than when we say no (and are valid in doing so) and GSA comes over and just overrides it.

I’m staying past seasonal! And they pulled me aside and asked if I’d be GSA. A little nervous but with training I’m very excited!
Congrats friend let us know if you have any questions

It has gotten worse since then as there are times when no one is scheduled at SCO.

at the very least, the Self-checkout workcenter is receiving payroll to have a team member scheduled from open to close, so whoever is writing the front end schedule is dropping the ball

so we added more SCOs to go from 4 to 12. when we just had the 4, it was rare to have it open past 9-9:30 (close at 11) since we would only have one cashier past that. after getting all 12, i think our front end hours went up. we still close sco before the store closes. some around 9:30 still and then some at 10-10:15ish. we now generally have two or three closers (or at least scheduled til 10-10:45).

our cashier hours haven’t been great with the cut, but not as bad as other stores and i honestly think it’s because of all the sco hours we get.

at the very least, the Self-checkout workcenter is receiving payroll to have a team member scheduled from open to close, so whoever is writing the front end schedule is dropping the ball
Nope, not dropping the ball, due to cut hours there are times when it is not covered for the first hour of the day and the end of the day. The directive comes from higher-ups.

Nope, not dropping the ball, due to cut hours there are times when it is not covered for the first hour of the day and the end of the day. The directive comes from higher-ups.

Wow that's the complete opposite of what my district wants. When I was writing the schedule my DTL wanted SCO the first ones opened and the last ones closed. So we'd open up 4 right at open and then the other 8 once it got busy (and then the reverse at the end of the night).

Back