Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Plus I don't want them to see what I'm reading and posting on my breaks (especially this site) and I don't want them getting my credit card number when I make a purchase for one of those silly games on my phone.

Airwatch doesn't read what you're doing or access app data in that way--it doesn't give carte blanche access to your phone and data.

It's a way to enforce security protocols, but the big risk is the company can remote-wipe your device. This happened at my day job once. Since then my day job has switched to 2FA so we can access Outlook and certain other apps on the phone without having Airwatch (or equivalent) that solves the security issue without the risks.

It’s so frustrating. These devs don’t get it (not you tmap!). They just see it as a bug, I don’t think they understand the full impact of say not being able to defect things. Or when card lookup went down last year.

Who else LOVED the global salvage issue today?? I know I did!!

For those unaware: we couldn’t defect anything this morning, and still can’t defect Target.com items or print online only stickers.
Oh hell no wtf is this still going on I’m going in in about an hour

Oh hell no wtf is this still going on I’m going in in about an hour

GQ9F4ln.jpg

Who else LOVED the global salvage issue today?? I know I did!!

For those unaware: we couldn’t defect anything this morning, and still can’t defect Target.com items or print online only stickers.

Oh, is that what happened? I was working at night, but the registers kept saying "service offline" and GSTMs were like, "did you turn the label printer off and back on again?" I couldn't print rewrap tickets from my zebra, either. It wouldn't even give the option, just a spinny wheel where normally I'd see a link to print a rewrap ticket.

If you scan a category coupon (such as $5 GC wyb $20 HBA) in as a missed coupon does that reduce the refundable value of the items in the same way it would if you scanned it at the time of purchase? Or is it just basically generating a free $5 gift card for example? If it’s the latter, I’ll start doing wrong payment.

If you scan a category coupon (such as $5 GC wyb $20 HBA) in as a missed coupon does that reduce the refundable value of the items in the same way it would if you scanned it at the time of purchase? Or is it just basically generating a free $5 gift card for example? If it’s the latter, I’ll start doing wrong payment.
It should recognize that a discount was given and when they return something it will take the $5 dollars off as “other discounts”

PSA this week everyone will get card reader updates that improve their stability and have two noticeable changes.

The chime for card out will only happen once, before pausing, instead of three. This means at GS you won’t have to wait for the cycle to finish if the guest actually paying attention. (my GS peeps know how awesome this is, but it’s not as good as having three chimes that just autostop when the card is removed like the old honking did)

The chime for if you hit a button on the reader when you shouldn’t will go back to the honk instead of the chime. So it’s clearer that the guest did something wrong.

A lot of our front end team has quit within the last few weeks. Our store just treats us all like garbage especially us at guest service we lost a girl who was there for a week and another who was there for a day and a few more here and there. Is that how it is at your stores because I just feel like my store is going downhill and I wouldn’t be shocked if we closed down because of how terrible it has been.

We've had a lot of people being trained for GS recently. At least 2 of them are not old enough to sell alcohol. Personally, I feel like this should be a requirement for the position. Several times a shift, I have to help another cashier with alcohol sales because they're too young or haven't yet received the state-mandated certification. Right now, it means swapping lanes with that other cashier, usually in the middle of my transaction as well, in order to keep guests from having to wait too long.

It’s not that they’re not old enough to sell alcohol is that they are not old enough to return it. You have to be 21+ to return alcohol in most states. Taking guest service from anyone under 21 would single out a lot of people.. (including GSTLs/GSAs).

Yeah actually super annoying that I can’t return alcohol but only a couple people in GS are able to. Usually I’ll have to swap transactions with the TM next to me

Yeah actually super annoying that I can’t return alcohol but only a couple people in GS are able to. Usually I’ll have to swap transactions with the TM next to me
While most TMs at my store are old enough, barely anyone ever returns alcohol.... I was a GSTL before I was 21

Back