Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

wow pretty interesting! never knew you could just leave them open until recently but it makes sense

So it doesn’t mess anything up with the sales audit or cash office if you let people keep using it the same night after “closing” it?
None of the numbers close out until they restart themselves in the middle of the night. The “sales day” is automatically closed out now

At self-checkout last week, I had a guest who used more than 10 fake manufacturer coupons in two days on two separate transactions for cleaning supplies (I forget which brands) and they all scanned and I dumbly accepted them even though I was suspicious since their total after the coupons was ridiculously low, like $1 or $2. I told AP about it, and they said to call over GSTL and deny the coupons next time, but I'm just wondering how I should explain this to the guest. AP let me know that it's okay to tell them if they escalate the situation that the coupons all have the same barcode and cannot be accepted. Do you think that's the best way to handle the situation in your opinion?

At self-checkout last week, I had a guest who used more than 10 fake manufacturer coupons in two days on two separate transactions for cleaning supplies (I forget which brands) and they all scanned and I dumbly accepted them even though I was suspicious since their total after the coupons was ridiculously low, like $1 or $2. I told AP about it, and they said to call over GSTL and deny the coupons next time, but I'm just wondering how I should explain this to the guest. AP let me know that it's okay to tell them if they escalate the situation that the coupons all have the same barcode and cannot be accepted. Do you think that's the best way to handle the situation in your opinion?
Last Halloween one of the 5 off 15 candy coupons or something like that would just take 5 dollars off your order until it would go below zero. This lady came in three times before our SCO Tm caught her. “Hey I just a heads up the coupon states limit in per transaction”.....”it’s worked all day?”. That was the biggest issue with the coupons in the ad I’ve encountered. They deactivated all coupons in the ad. They updated the mobile ones in the app and sent out a scan sheet to use. I tried it in training to confirm and I brought 500 worth of random electronics to around 1.00

I would say “sorry these coupons all have the same unique pin barcode. We don’t accept copies of coupons. You’re welcome to use one of each. I’d be happy to call over my manager if you would like”.

You can just feign ignorance and say “you know, I’m not entirely sure about our coupon policy, if you don’t mind I’m just going to call over my manager to make sure everything goes through!” And at that point the scammers will either say ok I’m all set then I’m not getting this stuff or your GSTL can come over and deny the coupons.

If you want to deny them yourself just do what amanda^ said and say sorry we don’t accept copies of printed coupons

Q: if I start work at 6am and see one or more of the SCOs inadvertently left open (happens often) does corp care if I buy something while the store is closed?

According to leadership, "they don't like us using them before open" but was never told who "they" is or why it matters. I wouldn't think the company would care if I give them money no matter what time it is. tl;dr can I get in trouble for buying shit before store open?

Q: if I start work at 6am and see one or more of the SCOs inadvertently left open (happens often) does corp care if I buy something while the store is closed?

According to leadership, "they don't like us using them before open" but was never told who "they" is or why it matters. I wouldn't think the company would care if I give them money no matter what time it is. tl;dr can I get in trouble for buying shit before store open?

it might fuck up your comps for next year slightly (theres a sales goal for every hour) but it's probably not a big deal. it's just that if you do $5 in sales on 3/5/2019 at 6am, corp might expect you to do 7 or 8 dollars in sales in the 6:00 hour on 3/5/2020 even though the store doesn't open until 8 am.

so in short it doesn't really matter

BUT, the SCOs restart themselves in the morning and should reboot as closed, so i'm not sure how they're open in the first place unless someone logged in and opened them

In addition to what JJ said you’d of course have to be on break, as you can’t buy stuff on the clock. Also, you can’t use SCOs if you’re the first person to open them that day as POS thinks you’re checking out yourself.

We have TM's who come in at 4 am and the opening lead will usually open one of the SCO's so they can purchase something to eat while on their break before the store opens.

Hey stupid question that another Team Member may be able to clarify for me. I have a lot of guests that call the service desk asking how long they have to pick up their order before RTS gets a hold of it. I know it’s supposed to be “7 days” but from what date? The placed date? Updated date on the order? I mean am I able to see exactly the day this order will be RTS and will the RTS cancel all items in the order on the same day or if the items in the order arrived or fulfilled at different times will they be RTS on a different day? Anyone have any insight so I am not just guessing and saying “not sure but I can move it to a hold if it gets cancelled”

Edit: also the labels sometimes have the date put to hold, is the 7 days from that? For example if the put to hold date was 03/01 would the order be cancelled 03/08 or 03/07

Typically I think it's 3 days from the time the guest gets the notification that it's ready to be picked up. I have never had 7 days to pick up a Target order myself.

Hey stupid question that another Team Member may be able to clarify for me. I have a lot of guests that call the service desk asking how long they have to pick up their order before RTS gets a hold of it. I know it’s supposed to be “7 days” but from what date? The placed date? Updated date on the order? I mean am I able to see exactly the day this order will be RTS and will the RTS cancel all items in the order on the same day or if the items in the order arrived or fulfilled at different times will they be RTS on a different day? Anyone have any insight so I am not just guessing and saying “not sure but I can move it to a hold if it gets cancelled”

Edit: also the labels sometimes have the date put to hold, is the 7 days from that? For example if the put to hold date was 03/01 would the order be cancelled 03/08 or 03/07
If they read their email it will tell them how long they have to pick it up.

In addition to what JJ said you’d of course have to be on break, as you can’t buy stuff on the clock. Also, you can’t use SCOs if you’re the first person to open them that day as POS thinks you’re checking out yourself.

Yeah I would only do it before I clock in anyway, since I am usually scheduled to start at 6am but almost always show up around a quarter til. No danger of the last part happening because I don't know how to open SCO/don't have numbers lol.

Yeah all of our 4 AM flow TMs buy from either the SCO that was opened at 6am by the cash office person (or 7am), or our flow TL or HR TM checks them out on a regular register. It's better than hoping they keep the barcode and buy it after store open, or starving them until we open.

Typically I think it's 3 days from the time the guest gets the notification that it's ready to be picked up. I have never had 7 days to pick up a Target order myself.
7 days since like October. Went back down to 2 for the holidays but it’s now back at 7. The clock starts from the time it’s placed into hold, the same with STS items.

7 days from when they get notification that their order is ready for pickup. 8 if they extend.

Me trying to hide the fact I’m on TBR: “omg Pickup app? What’s that? How does it work???”

Lol

I was messing around with it but there are some things I don’t understand.

The first is why the need for guest signature for pickup? Is this required for OPUs or just drive up?

Are we supposed to use this for OPU fully replacing myGO? Or keep using myGO for now?

Why do the myGO and Pickup app order count not match. for example I have noticed some orders in myGO don’t show in the pickup app.

My store doesn’t have Drive Up so I won’t be processing those type of orders yet. Is that all the pickup app is designed for?

Also the barcode scanning (ex wallet or pickup barcode) seems like a step backwards from what we had in myGO

Lately, I've been having some problems with guests who bring repackaged items, and the repackaged barcode won't scan because it appears to be cut off. The only thing that I can do is enter those items as no-barcode, but I am worried that the guest will not be able to return those items if they choose to do so. I've only worked at guest services a couple of times so I have never experienced that kind of situation, but I'm not really sure what else can be done when the repackaged barcode won't scan.

Back